• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

o the joy this find will bring

thrift fit

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Umm..I can't tell if this is mens or womens. Something about it seems feminine to me.

Cool vintage overcoat that I didn't want to leave behind (I gotta stop doing that)

Original price hand written in lining

Leaf motif (good rap name?) ties. All matchy matchy n' ****.

Hope everyone had a great weekend

va230815

Reaction score
Believe it or not, thats not an orphan.

Haha I had to do some research after seeing that. Cucinelli does some weird stuff
I'd be shocked if that Cucinelli was an orphan. Normal rules don't seem to apply to him.

Ya, I just assumed that I couldnt leave it behind for $7, but ya definitely possible, if not likely that its an actual blazer. Crazy

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll try to take pics with a couple other shirts. They seemed to show way more shirt sleeve. I'm out of town right now though. Still appreciate everyone's feedback. I don't think there is extra fabric for sleeve alterations - I assume that would be obvious upon inspecting inner liner?

Pattern rocks for sure.

PM'd.
If anyone else wants to know what I was thinking, PM me.

EDIT:
Oh, I meant to mention. Here's a shot of a jacket with the sleeve ends mitered. This means you have only 0.5-0.75 inches to let the sleeves down.

Compare that to this, which is a sleeve with the sleeve hem folded over, and with much more material to let out. This is actually a Fallan & Harvey with working cuffs, so don't assume you can't let down working cuffs (though it may look a little odd, since you may be creating an odd visual gap between the hem and the button).

Yep done. I think its a bloody mary and beach day.

#entrepeneurshiprules

In my head, all I hear, all day long, is Billy Idol's "More More More."

Truth. I occasionally get migraines after exercise and I swear by Pedialyte and coconut water.

Noted.

Hey, anybody have a black suit in the 38-40r range? Thanks.

PM'd

Been a while since I had anything brag-worthy, so I've been living vicariously through you guys!

Thanks to the women's section gods at Goodwill. Also, kind of sad when their prices are significantly less than other stores, most of the time.

Size EU 50, available in all it's gnarly/insane glory:

Someone needs to wear the hell out of this!

PS - someone found a pair of RM Williams boots in a UK8 the other day. Meant to PM you, so hit me up if you see this!

GOD I'm so tempted to say "Challenge Accepted." But I need to be a good little boy.

Last edited:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

classicthrifter

Reaction score
My birthday present today.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

ETA: Oh Heck, also pleased with the initial results of the half mannequin on a hanger as well:

It is good to finally get the things needed to really make the clothes look nicer.

Last edited:

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't had much time or drive to go thrifting lately. Had an hour or two to kill with my son, found one thing worth getting.

Pretty sure this is vintage forest service, as it appears it used to have a ranger patch on left shoulder. Size large, will be going up on that other site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads