• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't know anything about furs,you'll be happier you don't buy them in the hopes they're good for resale - most vintage furs do not sell well. There are exceptions such as natural unsheared beaver, tanuki (raccoon dog) and if you can ever find it, wolverine. Now that coat you pictured has a real mink collar, but I can't identify the fur on the body of the coat from this picture. It could even be a hairy, nappy mohair fabric. A lot of vintage furs have not been stored well, so the leather dries out and tears under its own weight.

Some furs cannot be sold on eBay no matter how many decades the endangered species individual has been deceased, although I have bought real spotted cat (not leopard) there.

Thats coming back you know. Sheared or not, I'm a big fan.
mwink[1].gif

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dig the pattern but IMHO, those sleeves are quite short. Whenever I'm in doubt about sleeve length, I do the "reach test". Do a reaching motion, as if at a restaurant and reaching for your drink or something. If the sleeve rides way up my forearm, I say no good and move on...

Sleeves still confuse me. I had some saying in past suit shots that maybe sleeves needed shortening as you want a bit of shirt sleeve peeking out but some say too short then. This one was 50C so it probably is short in sleeves.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sleeves still confuse me. I had some saying in past suit shots that maybe sleeves needed shortening as you want a bit of shirt sleeve peeking out but some say too short then. This one was 50C so it probably is short in sleeves.

I see what you mean now. I tried a couple of other shirts underneath and jacket sleeves def too short. Sigh.

Versace Guy

Reaction score
[/spoiler]

I reunited a zegna suit at the goodwill in town and when I went to photograph it a hive of earwigs tumbled out of it.
When I first started, I saw a nice pair of pants and took it to the dressing room to try it on. I of course didn't inspect it before putting it on. My crotch burned for days. It was a Zanella.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found Lobbs at Buffalo Exchange once, some sort of brown plain-toe model. There was no size listed, so I guess they were custom, but they fit well. They had these godawful crepe soles, though, and they were priced at $65. Was that a bad pass? Didn't think they were that uncommon.

My father and I happened upon those very same Lobbs as well. We also passed on them. They had been resoled / re-heeled, and not very well at that. They were pretty worn and had a good sized slice somewhere on the side if I recall. They were a quite old vintage as well.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I see what you mean now. I tried a couple of other shirts underneath and jacket sleeves def too short. Sigh.

The buttoning point is a little high on you too, but it's the sleeves that are most obvious, I let a Canali suit go recently for the same reason, shame really, it's a good fit on the shoulders and chest on you and a nice pattern.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

For a $20 best offer, I couldn't help myself..

I had that same exact shirt listed twice a few months ago and ended without a bid each time. I donated it haha, maybe you got it.

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I was in the store and pants are hung before jackets/suits and as I was walking by I noticed a Zegna care/makers label on a pair of flat front charcoal pants. I pick them up and the waist has been let out from 32(48) to about a 34 but done well however the actual Zegna tag was gone. Any how I get excited with the hope of reuniting a recent Zegna staple in my size, so I head over to jackets, sure thing, made in Switzerland charcoal is right there. Fking Su Misura lol The jacket was a 58R. It's either a perfect coinicidence or the gentleman is shaped like a swollen upsidedown pear.

Not my listings but:

Any 44R out there? Seems like a decent deal on a Canali 1934 Kei. Listed as NWT but it would be better described like new without tags looking at.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/311671892318?_trksid=p2055359.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can pretty much guarantee you thats a chinese made bespoke with LP fabric.
I hope you're wrong! If it doesn't work out -> return.

Fingers crossed.

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had that same exact shirt listed twice a few months ago and ended without a bid each time. I donated it haha, maybe you got it.

I don't see how anyone could pass this thing up for $9.99 from you. Worth it to me at $20, even though it will likely never be worn, just hoarded.
giphy.gif

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So much WIN in here lately fellas. Daaaamn. I've got pages and pages to catch up on still! Anyway here's a few bits from the land of fish and chips...

Canali Pink Linen - medium - Available

William Hunt DC Shirt - NWB - 15.5 Available

PRL NWT Linen/Silk/Cotton 30x30 - Available

RL Made in USA Belt - for the anorexics - Available

Zegna Sport SS Shirt XL - Available

Boggi VBC Flannels 31x32 - available

Hackett rugged chinos - for the big boys available.

That's it for now. I bow to your greatness gents :slayer:

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disappointing because dont have any Chevets in the closet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads