1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. tmethecat

tmethecat Active Member

I saw something like this (Ralph Rugby) the other day. Wasn't sure of the quality level. Good?
    (I'm sure it varies; looking for 'in general' opinions)

2. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

The last photo shows the packet (of buttons) that were in the inside pocket. Some makers don't sew them on, so the buyer can have the sleeve length tailored to fit, and the tailor will attach the buttons. Yes, it's normal for them not to be sewn on, but your jacket should have come with the packet of buttons. If not, they went missing at some point. You can flip as-is, or contact HF to get some, or just buy some from a fabric shop.

3. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

@Letric I feel your pain bro,found something in my size today.love the color.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

Yeah, made in China, not boutique, but good looking. Next to the skeets it was pretty tame, those RGs are actually some of the most detailed I've ever found, all have embroidery tracing the print.

5. tmethecat

tmethecat Active Member

16 people like this.
  6. GetBlatzed

GetBlatzed Senior member

First time seeing this label. This things awesome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14 people like this.
  7. bert9000

bert9000 Senior member

Wasn't paying attention and bought this by accident... goddamnit.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also I'm not sure how Paul is doing but Shark has really let himself go.
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  8. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

One of the coolest Pendleton pieces I've seen. Wow!

3 people like this.
  9. namdaemun

namdaemun Senior member

For sneakers, don't use oxy. Chemicals are bad for the shoe

Buy Jason mark. It's about $20 and is the best I've seen on the market

1 person likes this.
  10. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

I have, I've owned quite a few pieces, shirts, Westerns, Denim mostly......1st impression? Magic 8 ball states, "outlook shit"....... If you would like me to tell you for sure, please PM pics of either both sides, or if there's 2 pieces separate sewn in separately, all 4 sides, of the inner seam tags to me, then I can Sherlock Holmes this bitch for sure.

11. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

I literally couldn't get through a chapter. It was reading mans diary of his self realization that he's a nerd so he attempted using his intellect to pick up women in a method that would work to his benefit and his strengths. However what this fucking awkward ass alien peacocking motherfucker didn't realize he was writing, was a light hearted tell all about the various funa dn exciting ways he figured out how to manipulate women with his personality after they are intoxicated at bars. He was so new to this life of having confident conversations with women at bars, he seemingly viewed his ideas and approaches as the same exact shit ever guy pulls. In college and possessing intellect and a dick, sometimes the mind fuckery approach was more or less too tempting to pass, I mean a single sentence from them could tell you your fucking future.....Again this is college, I don't think emotions were invented...just referencing the mind numbing diatribe he shit out like it was literally to be purchased and placed next to your Bible, or Torah, or 12 and 12, on that book case.

But all his fellow nerds were immediate worshippers. So he's essentially taking the place as a false prophet promising them utilizing his tactics and their nerd tips maybe going for a swim that evening. But convincing guys so socially anxious they cannot speak in public and haven't kissed a women in their late 20s yet, that his approach will work? Now he's just exploiteding all nerds to sell books ip wet, was a goddamn nerds how to, manipulate women in every possible aspect you possibly can so you can eventually be in total control on the situation and get laid sometimes within an hour if you are also aggressive with your approach as well....in more or less words. Now he's turning this poor fucker into a man confident enough to dress like a total asshole, approach women, give them underhanded compliments, then Initiated and dominate conversations in an imposing manner with them over an extentend period, imposing a masculine and aggressive almost aura of confidence upon themselves?

He is like the million little pieces guy, from Oprah. Dude writing a memoirs of his life long battles with drug addiction to find out it was almost entirely bullshit, i.e. in now way qualified to be writing anything regarding the struggles battles, or living with that disease.....

We got the American George Murisan x Richatd Jennings , turning getting approach girls and spitting gam into something as complex as fucking splitting the atom, and while doing so your using those baller ass foam giant green hulk gloves from the 90s (honestly I have no clue why I thought adding that factor would significantly increase difficulty, as if we got fucknig scientists in Labs splittings atoms with their bare hands hahaha..I'm an idiot). Then exploited hiss fan base who new know better and got paid.

First, dressing like a fucking asshole? Step 1? Cuz you need to draw attention by being a lot fucking weirdo as you walk in, that's your first impression. 2, A strategically set group to roll out with, your 2 set wing men, and a Pivot girl who is supposed to be attractive to make girls think...u have an attractive friend? 3. Every attempt is approached in the same manner, a rehearsed line about a fictional event that didn't occur there that evening that she obviously ddid not see to introduce yourself, then try to exude and impose confidence and dominance or whatever the fuck, then tell her to not sit in that chair cuz jugding by her looks that thing probably will probably will break, although you assure her it's not one the strongest chairs in the room, so obviously thats the move to make it better..

I'm not gonna sit here and discus my personal life cuz fuck off, but I can show you the only effect that book had on anybody I know, being the forever future wardrobe of Dylan, consisting solely of Women's plus sized clothing from Thrifts. Video below.This was recorded in our sophomore year in beautiful Boulder, Co, and was his outing of the claim, 3 years later he hadn't broken his word.. With me? 1 time, a bet to pick this cute girl while we were out, loser bought booze for the next night. I said if I use a "neg" and land her, booze on you for a week. I was a man of my word.....but i just totally flipped it though and used it to me benefit to come off as first impression in a certain manner that was exactly what I needed to pull off. Had more money that week. A stage 5, 2 weeks later, on my life.

I removed all the videos, they are truly epic and unlike anything you'll ever see, peep the Connects on Youtube, theyj just are definitely got for this site.....

"dressing gay" their first single dedicated to their addiction and sole wardrobe selections coming from goodwill, savers and SA

"Summer in the City" - Summer banger filmed at Robbie Williams house (Dylans sister married him), midgets and burlsque dancers ensue, Robbie also lets let do whatever they want with his Mercedes Mcclaren, since he has no use for it cuz hehas no license so hes never even driven it.....naturally gulwing up ghost ride down Coldwater Canyon...

"Love In Las Vegas" - for those who believe they cannot be shocked or surprised....give it a go, the songs great too

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  12. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Senior member

Hold up...

[​IMG]

Yeah. Thanks for that, England you cock tease.
    [​IMG]

:censored:

2 people like this.
  13. slyguyWT2

slyguyWT2 Well-Known Member

My mentor, Jimmy 'John Boy' Sutton used to bring his own cherries to the club. This allowed him to leave the stem attached, and tongue it around his lips like a toothpick. It was a mainstay of his getup during the Danceteria haze of '84. He would often dispose of the stems in a small pocket attached to the inside of his fedora.

2 people like this.
  14. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

That's badass.

and before i gets to typing. thought you guys would like to see what era brands/vintage styles were popular in. courtesy of Beams.
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  15. JFST

JFST Senior member

This was awesome, thanks bro.

1 person likes this.
  16. SteelGuy

SteelGuy Senior member

Others are more knowledgeable and can be more specific, but this is how I think about it.

Rugby was a higher priced concept sub-brand that didn't live very long as ralph went more mass market (think pd&c).

Most items I've seen are made in third world but of decent heft material and quality. Has interest because of the interesting juxtaposition of styles collegiate and street with a dash of uptown. So you might get a cashmere rugby shirt with loud patches,for example. But not the quality of RLBL and RLPL at all.

Another sample
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. dukedishin

dukedishin Senior member

FWIW, it usually flips decently if you buy it at true thrift.

1 person likes this.
  18. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

Frenchie, those Orange Tigers are killer.

19. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

e thrift came in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25 people like this.
  20. JohnAAG

JohnAAG Senior member

Are these the right RLPs?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]