1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Canali offers Vicuna options? At what percent? Cuz they're not selling 100% Vicuna pieces, that shit would cost them way too much to produce and no clients would pay it. They gotta be buying Cuna blends from LP or Scabal or someone. I have rarely seen LP fabric on the exclusive line though too, much more common on the mainline. And have they really? They are just the most household name of the suit brands out there, I dont see a strong brand to client rapport built, and have never ever met a person brand loyal to Canali suits ever, but hey I haven't met someone that's gone to the space either what the fuck do I know.

2. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

I've seen the Vicuna swatches with small blends (like 5-7%).

3. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

Nice lil e-thrift. Always a gamble when surgeon cuffs are involved, but fits perfect and recent.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Who needs a "floral" print suit?

[​IMG]

10 people like this.
  5. speckledstuff

speckledstuff Member

@Shoeluv Thanks for the information. This will be greatly useful in the future for me.

6. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

Oh man, someone photoshop that onto that pic of @eazye when he had dreads.

3 people like this.
  7. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

Birmingham thrifting:
    Bass shoes: $6.99
    Tired Sperry loafers: $8.99
    Stacy Adams (any condition) shoes: $12.99+
    Lucchese Handmade smooth ostrich / goatskin ropers: ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  8. Woofa

Woofa Senior member

New e thrift arrived.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  9. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Reminds me of this little boutique spot a few minutes from me. The starting pricing for all used AEs regardless of condtion, start at $45 and go up to $65. Gamos the same. Luckily however they don't know shit how nail patterns or English bench made products, however this has benefitted me once slightly in two years.....they didn't know this one brand though, John Lobb? They had a pair of penny loafers for $12 bucks, they seem like nice shoes, solid pick up I think......#LAthriftlife.

1 person likes this.
  10. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Yea that makes sense for them.

11. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

[​IMG]

12. 330CK

330CK Senior member

For the record, Canali is very well made, just not flashy and overpriced like many of the brands we covet here. Anyone in need of staple and/or workhorse pieces shouldn't hesitate to seek out Canali.

3 people like this.
  13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I flirt heavily with the Spanish girls that work in a few of the thrifts. Besides putting out my paychecks every week, gives me my jollies. Some of them are even cute!

2 people like this.
  14. JohnAAG

JohnAAG Senior member

Glad to see we're exporting something back from to U.S. where I live ....

1 person likes this.
  15. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Yes, there is a reason they are the most recognizable suit manufactrer nationwide. Solid construction, fully canvassed, work horses, for a fairly decent price. Indeed not flashy nor much craftstmanship (Zero really, definetly glued horsehair canvas in construction) innvoled in their production cuz they're producted on such a massive scale. ..I'm out on a limb assuming this was made to clear up a message you felt I was under handely conveying of snobbery, when discussing the details of the MTM or whatever, I stated previously that I thought the 1934s are quite nice, but Canali doesn't have the quality that would draw a loyal customer base, their price range relative to quality would, however when this is a buying parameter, MTM is usually outside ones budget, let a lone Vicuna blends. I was judging the companies decisions and going outside their customer base trying to be something they are not. I don't onwn one and don't personally like them, but nothings wrong with them in general for anyone, they make a solid product, especially their newest offerings.

16. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Spoo slangin that churro

6 people like this.
  17. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Implemented this strategy from literally day one. Girlies live for attention and little daily positive affirmations about whatever bullshit line pops up first, feed em that shit, who knows what will happen....

Or you can do like that book on how to totally fuck your game up by being a over the top idiot "The Game" and go thrifting while "peacocking" and be sure to insult them and tell them they look fat, but not the fattest they''ve looked in their life (its important to add that fucking very sly nuance, wouldn't want to go over the top at the insecurities off the bat, cuz that makes for solid small talk..... but shit apparently if your 27, a nerd, and a virgin, this gets you laid.....or it did like 20 years ago....I bet that guy hasn't been with a girl in like a decade. Read like a few pages once, it was fucking unreadable.. You don't have game and need to get laid? Watch "The Dennis System" episode of Always Sunny.... defintely not gonna be a heaven bound individual if you ever thought you were, but hey fuck it, that method is 100% on dead on point.

18. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

If you're using the fucking DENNIS system as a real way to get laid, then you gonna have waitress-type women your whole life.

3 people like this.
  19. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  20. JohnAAG

JohnAAG Senior member

@matty long legs I have a Bean Norwegian just like that as well. Bought it in 1987. My first catalog order and I still wear it on ski trips

[​IMG]

@ClosetEvolution: here is my Patagonia sweater from '88

[​IMG]

Today was weekly thrifting day! I've been trying to focus more on quality than quantity.

Florsheim Imperial 92604s
    [​IMG]

Some Frye boots for the wife

[​IMG]

Barbour Scarf

[​IMG]

Someone on here did well with a couple of ties like these so I thought I'd pick them up

[​IMG]

Orvis Suede

[​IMG]

Found this label

[​IMG]

Attached to this jacket ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only place I could find out anything about it was a Japanese blog about RL. And there's one on Etsy right now.

Last quick question: I picked up this tie for personal use. But the labels are cut off. Can anyone help ID? Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@capnwes: just wanted to add that I really like the way you set up your photos. Adds a lot of character.

Have a great week everyone!

[​IMG]

7 people like this.