1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. varietygoods

varietygoods Well-Known Member

As a measure against giving away the secrets of the brotherhood, (fully realizing that I'm one of the "new" guys) can the mods do thread-specific word substitions (such as "been had" as opposed to "polo") to keep googability low for key terms- or would the guys over in CM threads suddenly see their jargon substituted as well?

2. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

It's not just that.

[​IMG]

3. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

Macklemore didnt help either

Have you guys seen this video? It was inspired by pt 1

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Years ago, I used to post in another forum dedicated to thrifty and free things. We used code words for any business name that would be google-searchable (Wamlart, Tegrat, TJs, etc) and would negatively impact the community if those companies caught on.

5. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

You might as well ask if anyone us trim our fingernails when they get too long. That video was all over the place here when it came out.

6. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

i just saw it today for the first time. There's a link to this thread in the description of the video

7. varietygoods

varietygoods Well-Known Member

I will make it a personal challenge to come up with as amusing, bastardized misspellings as possible.

1 person likes this.
  8. dukedishin

dukedishin Senior member

still think it's a troll but @SpooPoker does your mod status allow you to see IP of users? then we could see if it's coming from PA or somewhere else like SLC...

9. double00

double00 Senior member

Well im working on a time machine so im good. Gonna hoard pocket rivets and muu muus.

4 people like this.
  10. Pierson v Post

Pierson v Post Senior member

Living in Palm Beach I'm surprised it took me a year, but finally pop on Lilly Pulitzer Men's Stuff. 42R

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  11. Woofa

Woofa Senior member

PSA for RLPL. Website has some items on clearance and then codes for additional 40% off and free shipping over $125. Very little left at this point.
    Could not be more pissed off when this morning, the website listed a pair of RLPL made in England Chelsea boots in snuff suede (assuming C&J) marked down from $900 to $400 then additional 40% off and I could not get them to show up in my shopping cart. Now they are already gone. Ah well, hardly ever buy anything new anymore anyway…
    Anyway, few things left.

1 person likes this.
  12. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

I honestly haven't decided on availability yet, so probably na for the moment. The cap-toes are 8.5D and the tassels are 11D.
    It was purchased just before lunch this past Saturday.

13. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

You seriously doubt someone didnt read that and say to themselves ,shit I have thriftstores in my city lemme see if I can make some money like this guy did?
    A Ferrari doesn't have to be the end result for him to become competition ,just paying bills,extra income or even a Fiat.
    Point is that it did 100 percent.
    Spoo ur a smart guy you know it did.probably even in ur own 100 mile radius.
    But anyway...

1 person likes this.
  14. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

at Lindas_stuff
    at Lindas_stuff
    at Lindas_stuff

:happy:

15. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Oh I agree one hundred percent ,I'm saying all publicity is bad.i just singled out spoo because he's most relevant to us. Spoo I love you don't hurt me.

1 person likes this.
  16. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

On topic ,something happened in the last year or two because I literally see a 1000% increase of teens in the thriftstores..
    Macklemore was before that I think so something else ....

17. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

They must have just put it out. I was there at 11.

18. double00

double00 Senior member

i've noticed a lot more kids in thrifts as well, they come in packs of 3 and 4 talking about 'heat' and 'fire' so i think they just sniffing flavor.

back in the 90s you had to have the Docs or whatever but thrifts were big back then in my hood. i doubt they're hunting labels except maybe sneakers.

19. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

The lil shits here are all after supreme vintage Polo tommy etc.def label hunting but not CM.

3 people like this.
  20. double00

double00 Senior member

must be watching Round 2.

2 people like this.