1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

After simpy the surface pieces I was able to dissece? Alalyzing a trubulics out show hhowin the w\homen truhis totallnenpt when it comes to operature a tretail sbusiness, This story is fasciniatn I digginn gl iffe mission, mut yea not post the good stufff here, gonna get erevertdwritreand grganized, Then I ipay smeone to rewrite my pook, just use a a town that downs make your come like an ass for noo puroposir oisesaon , but hey dont dca"

It'lll be like be Scienttollogy oouting.

had have my piecive gtotally refortmatted and tonaewords aand sebntcghes messages chnaceged, I signed outta Stylforum So did have to sit and convince people that I not havie a ranndom onnbs a month spaz all over a key moar and my my comput with this webist up cuz thats the side effects of this super raratdspa diseases I a7 su7 suffer from, It's a virus for life originalnallly you ca mbe vaccincateed but mmom was afasprefothose fcu the preventhe so many shitty vaccines bout sucjject your to onesthat allow you wto take down bopoker and just not spit jame.......has noe body put two and two together that that is way peoople learn to beat vegas, cuz game is for for loswers who cant coutncards, Rain Main, A hare every night

2. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

firstly, I assure you there is nothing wrong with my reading comprehension or mastery of the English language. does my prose come off as gibberish, or the unintelligible rantings of a madman? granted, i may in fact be rather nuts. so i ask you the favor, to pay no mind to my tendency to be easily offended.
    - a quip, or simple statement is merely how i feel about a comment, and is par for the course in an ongoing discussion involving many members over a period of years. if i actually had a serious problem? the only way to describe my language would be "scathing".
    -Indeed, we have no quarrel.[​IMG]
    i am a supporter of each and every member's journey into personal style. as a form of spectator sport. most notably, @Fueco and our fearless leader, @SpooPoker . Fueco's developing style is easy to follow, i quite like it a lot. and seeing Spoo make the move away from CM,into dressing to please himself. has been gratifying. reinforcing my own personal feelings about rejecting the SF groupthink on how one should dress.
    your style, if i remember correctly, has a very trad feel. but uniquely your own. it would be nice to see how far it has progressed.
    alas, the Thrift fit thread is a treasure. worthy of more posting from members. as let's say, a visual representation of our groups unity. that we encourage each other to feel good about themselves.

The items i post, simply for the intrigue,or because i think somebody may get a kick out of seeing it. is my own personal way of providing entertaining content.
    not just to brag that i can find such things. but to also make them available to you. or other trading partners. "i found this, who wantz it?".

prices are all over the place. known sought after brands are priced higher. (no surprise there). [​IMG]
    the system over here is totally different. i know of only a few non-profits. and have bought there. also donate there. my unwanted swag helps to clothe those in need.
    but the majority of places to search here, are essentially a wallmart. filled with used stuff. or a smaller version. similar to buffalo exchange. - they are not consignment shops. people sold the stuff to them for a pitiful amount. there are wall to wall good items. i search through for the items that are under priced. or worthy of their tag price in regards to how much i would be willing to pay for it. i can think of 3 places right now, that have an entire rack of vintage Issey Miyake. Y-3 items,Jawnz for days. and currently? reduced winter wear for weeks.
    my environment is different. but i live to find the best deals. and rarely pay even close to retail. i would rather spend $60 on a hoodie somebody wants, and trade it for 2 pairs of sneakers. that another paid an equal amount on. and trade it. for a sought after deal 2 ways. (size 11us sneaks are a real grail in Japan.)

#Thriftlife.

ahem, i will now get back into character. . . . . .

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  3. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Well that was of characterand topicacal.

4. Spruce Moose

Spruce Moose Senior member

Dammit @lindas stuff you broke Jompso

8 people like this.
  5. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Broke me? I have been obsessesed with that ststores opertion 2 years beofre I ever too a single step inb a thfit store in my life. plus ur plane, or nprtentiend nothing happpend and lettinher doe her thing...Means she doesnt what the notes says........Her business willl end doubt, but nbodobdies gonna benefit either.

6. Canyon

Canyon Well-Known Member

7. Thrift Vader

The resellers have unwittingly destroyed Thrifting as we know it.

well done chaps.

meanwhile:
    [​IMG]
    just like back in the day, only colder.

bike: GT Performer. 1996. paid $180, worth $700. all day.
    shoes: Jordan spike 40's. paid $60. outlet.
    Jawnz: Revolver loose fit selvedge. paid less than $10
    T-shirt: Anachronom camo. paid around $20
    sweat: Nike Air max 90. paid $1.
    Jacket:Nike big swoosh solid black parka. paid $17
    Cap: New era SF giants, black. paid nothing.

and i am comfortable as fuck.
    (did well to not crash the bike riding in the snow)
    Why am I riding a ridiculously expensive bike in the snow? Wife had my car keys. Where am I riding to? To drop the cash for my own business site. [​IMG] #Thriftlife

4 people like this.
  8. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Dude I legit laughed out loud at the post office

2 people like this.
  9. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

How is there's more snow in Japan then in Canada in January

1 person likes this.
  10. Thrift Vader

because Canada is warmer.

11. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

#ColoradoWinter

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Thrift Vader

Damn son!

minus 32c here. cold 'nuff.

no thanks.

13. JFST

JFST Senior member

[​IMG]
    Pop

27 people like this.
  14. Sartoriamo

Sartoriamo Well-Known Member

Any furniture experts recognize this minimalist piece? Searches haven't turned up anything thus far, but maybe my keywords suck. The fabric is denim (seat still damp from washing off a spot -TWSS). Apologies for lousy phone pix. No markings/labels on it anywhere.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. dadjeans

dadjeans Senior member

More Brunello Cucinelli. Older, somewhat worn skinny chinos all missing the pulls on the rear zip pockets. Not quite the Cucinelli from my previous post, but not complaing and definitely not about to leave them behind. All sz 54 (36 US).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also a Paul Smith London suit with weird-looking lapels (44L).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And some staple boss fodder (42R) to round things off for now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  16. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

First thing I touched this morning:

[​IMG]

Late 70s Holubar down parka. Mid-90s Patagonia Synchilla vest.

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  17. Thrift Vader

18. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Just picked up an awesome vintage Willis Geiger shooting/hunting suit.
    Tweed with leather accents.not just a jacket the whole suit.

9 people like this.
  19. double00

double00 Senior member

can we expect a roll-up storage door pic?

4 people like this.
  20. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Last two weeks or so, I've just been reading this thread for the drama....

1 person likes this.