• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is that made in USA denim?
Made in USA oilcloth. Corduroy collar. Frickin' sweet.
^^^ of course why not? my polo coat isn't PRL it's vintage j press but a camelhair polo coat nonetheless. love the lobster clasps i've never popped one of those

no pics but i do have brag-related news: ran into an epic canali haul this afternoon a bunch of wool/silk sc's and a brioni suit as a cherry on top. boo ya!
Ahh, I see. I didn't realize that style was called a polo coat. And yes, the lobster clasps are killer. Scooped it from Linda a while back.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two staple BBBF suits - size 4.

AHS

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, I lied. I will post my mini-haul from today.

I went years without finding Brioni anything, and now the ties keep turning up. These need TLC. Plus two Trafalgars and one Dooney.

Another brand that keeps turning up, and I'm not complaining. These feel so comfy. I might keep this one instead of flipping.

The joy of reuniting orphans! I think this is a pretty recent Canali Travel suit, right?

Cable Car Clothiers wool challis tie with a gorgeous print, minty Eton shirt, and some random cufflinks that I like.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SpooPoker
I have the shirt that matching silk shirt to that blue and gold Versace square

leisurewear

Reaction score

The joy of reuniting orphans! I think this is a pretty recent Canali Travel suit, right?
Better than recent, these are current. The tag with the logo on it is the newer one after the brown label. Based on what I've seen at Nordstrom I believe the travel series is below the "exclusive" and "1934" label but still a great suit and a great find!

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Likelyhood of finding a haul 1/10th that of Spoo's: 0

That is not the proper attitude. I have walked into thrift stores and walked out with nothing. On the other hand, I have walked into thrift stores in the poorest section of town and come out with over $60,000 retail in ties and other items. There are wealthy people in your town. I don't even know what town you live in, but I can assure you that they are there. Eventually they die and their relatives get rid of ****. It is more about being in the right place at the right time. @SpooPoker makes this **** look easy because he has mastered the art of hustling. You can opt to rely just on thrift store finds or you can hit yard sales, church rummage sales, and estate sales. Be encouraged by the hauls of others. If you put in the time, you will eventually be posting brags on the daily.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
some folks can true thrift only using their fingertips. not i, but some.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Population in my town: 1.8K
Hours willing to drive for better thrifting.....varies...11 round trip this week.

Here's my half. Crappy pics for now

Can I get a size check on this motherfucker?

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm new to thrifting, so I've only bought stuff I would wear myself. I'm not particularly into 3 button suits, but I picked up an Ermenegildo Zegna Centoventimila suit for $15, because it fit and I liked the material. Wondering if I did OK?

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm new to thrifting, so I've only bought stuff I would wear myself. I'm not particularly into 3 button suits, but I picked up an Ermenegildo Zegna Centoventimila suit for $15, because it fit and I liked the material. Wondering if I did OK?

The answer is always yes if you're happy with your purchase. If it fits and you like it, then absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics