1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Arliss Howard indeed....studio gigs when on set is all I can see him now though, his family, my best friends step mom, Debra Winger, an actrss herself, live in Westchester County?, NY. I look at him and all is see is Cowboy, having dibbs on first pounding Pile with the soap Sock. Arliss and Mathew are actually still good friends to this day, believe it or not. He was casted as the Villian in Jurassic Park 2 but I don't now how comial career decisons like that lay within him. Kubrick was having some weird uyears in thhose decades but he delivered with somefor sure and he did quite well with that.The end of the era of the Nam film Brigade he introduces a whole different perspective. Instead of making a war film featuring stars and main characters, dude wrote a character piece that took place in Vietnam during the war......guess why he was one of the best tthough. His genius IQ was like 200, part of NASA' Motivation tAlso why NASA hired him to film the moon landing.

2 people like this.
  2. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

If you read part of that, and feel the need to prove something that you don't know anything about either way, but feel like I need convcincing, I would like you to know, if you do, I'll just divert the question the Malcolm X, some whove claimed just a man, however I've heard he could have been Jesus Coming to earth.."We Didnn;t Land on the Moon, The Moon Landed On Us!" - X
    that is a satire on motherfuckers thiinkin it,yall know that aint a real attempt a laugh.
    Better yet, I don't give a fuck about your thoughts on it. Nobody does anywhere. Shut up.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  3. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

You got not one but 2 First Ballot HOF's ridin the pine back there. Brooks England and Druhmor Scotland, you familiar with Druhmor's line. I have a gorgeous zip up medium weight wool. The prices entice smiles on lucky finders.

Of Course, I should know better by this point. I just will nevrer be a T-Shirt guy. I mean I'm dead honest, not a cent or a million crossed my mind, nor did original, deadstick, who made it, where? what year etc etc etc.....I just saw that shirt and Saw every summer of my Childhood, how I was catcher and used to try and talk funnny shit like him. Everything from my balls clearing the fucking old bitch next door who doesn't het up to answer forcing me to break in her house every fucking day. And also the one example there is out there when it is perfectly ok to beat your child until hes within seconds of death, simply if he survives your off Scott Free.......Obviously I'm referring to the ball, I get Lucky enough to get my hands on one one day, Ill Keeping a machete in my Dress Drawer under it and I'm going straight blood diamond on my Kids who fuck with it. If they wanted their arms, you wouldn't touch my ruth ball you dumb lil mmufukas......Just no remorse, treat it like z spaking, don't even calll the wife let her come home and see what happpened. "They touched my ball, so I chopped that dumb mufukas arm off, Whens dinner?"

2 people like this.
  4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

12 people like this.
  5. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

Real.

Real.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Thrift Vader

In the field.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Keep searching. I smell swag.
    . . . .
    . . . .

Oh, this will do just fine. *heads to the register before pics.
    "my point card is full?, I get $5 credit?" fuck yes! This bad boy is mine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just $1?
    Best Kop in 4 years. An XL Air Max 90 sweater. For $1. No fading.
    Happy with that. :)

14 people like this.
  7. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Senior member

Mastermind? Shieeeet. Niceeeee. Japan has some cool stuff.

1 person likes this.
  8. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

Blooowy takes the best photos...very nice.

2 people like this.
  9. Thrift Vader

One. Rack.

[​IMG]

(supreme hat was behind me, but whatevs)

-tempted to buy the Mastermind. and do a "Wes pose" . as my avatar.

10. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Thanks for the insight! I hadn't found a real Belstaff in a while, so I hesitated. The fakes I normally see are pretty obvious and terrible. This jacket isn't terribly special in my opinion, but at least it's not fake! It is for women, right? Size L, but would be incredibly short on a man, more than a normal riding jacket.

Thanks again!

11. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Does anyone want/need espresso cups? I recently ordered these from an Austrian company. I didn't check, but I'd assume they're imported. They're double-walled and the right size. They are cheap and I just checked ebay.com and can't find something in the same price range. I don't need any more, but I'd be happy to order a larger quantity and ship them to someone in the US for distribution, should you guys want a group buy. They're €6.90 for a set of 2 and €3.95 shipping cost per order. I'm sure I could get a good number to the US for €16.00 shipping. Prices would look like this with 5 people ordering 4 cups each: 10 sets of 2 cups: €69.00 Shipping: €3.95 Shipping to US: ca. €16.00 Total: €88.95 Each person would pay €17.79 + cost of shipping inside the US for 4 cups. I have no idea whether you can get them cheaper or whether there would be enough interest. I don't own, know the owner, or benefit in any way from the company. I don't even know the name of it at the moment. Just thought I'd offer it since it seemed cheap. Here's mine: [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. SCoNE

SCoNE Senior member

Thanks guys. The serial number and Made in France being a bit wonky gave me pause. Turns out there was fading and some staining that I hadn't seen at first though, unfortunately, so didn't take it.

1 person likes this.
  13. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Nvm

14. Thrift Vader

frencie, wtf man? "NVM?"
    Gah, Stuff. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Senior member

I see Gucci.

2 people like this.
  16. Thrift Vader

@ Jompso.
    Read this. it's a one time offer.

Jompso, we are not so different.
    you know me. we fell out. but you know me.
    as others do. but perhaps more sincere.
    I am a troubled soul. like yourself. while i walk freely in both Yakuza and military territory, my heart burns. the man with a burning heart is one to fear. with an axe to grind. my hurt is deep.

I ask. that you meet me. i will stand toe to toe with you. and look you in the eye. as a brother. and offer you solace. a place to crash, a hard days work. for weeks on end. until you let go of your hurts.

if you want to fight me in a field. you shall have it. i will throw the towel if i need to. but i am no joke.
    and after, my offer stands. you have a place to stay. and a day's work to do.

i can make you deal with your stress. alone in a field. where nobody will judge you. you can talk, fight, cry. I will bear it.

if you want to know me better, so be it. but i can't let you just fall apart.

you pay your way, i will see to your health.

call me out. meet me in the flesh. you know better. i am here. anytime. the toughest SOB to ever offer you a helping hand. consider it. dismiss it. I will make myself available to help you. or organize a group of farm boys to help you. -meet farmers, give you clothes, and food\booze. all hard workers.
    straighten yourself enough? i will even offer you a job. paid.

you think you know me. you don't. I'm the nicest guy you ever met.
    but if you want to?
    meet you at the airport.

don't bother pm'ing me with bullshit. if you want help. reply.

or ignore.

I am always here.

Vader.

4 people like this.
  17. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

These have seen better days, but after a quick bath and polish, they look OK. Thought some trad-leaning UGA bro would want them.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

the past couple of days have been alright! Stoked on what I've picked up. Hit two more stores after the mini-haul in hopes I would find more good stuff, but left both empty-handed.

Was meaning to do PPU, but fuck it, most between $6-8.

Gnarly Big Buck carpenter pants for me. Some of the raddest shaped pockets I've seen (especially the coin pocket).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Late 60s (I think) Lee Jelt Denim Overalls - 32-34ish waist - Available.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

40s One Pocket CPO - M/L - Available.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This hat was too rad not to show in better photos. With it fit my head better.

Vintage olive wool 5 panel with an almost long bill -Available

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Better pics of the Tods from a couple of weeks ago.

Snuff Suede Wingtip - EU9, US 9.5-10 - Available.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the mini-haul. Picked up the best hats I saw (think this is the first time I've ever thrifted proper hats).

Enzo Bonafe for Mauro Valponi(?) - EU44 - Available.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pretty sure NWOT Simon Spurr Selvedge - 32 - Available.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lock & Co x 3 - All 59-60CM - Available.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These both have some bends that need re-shaping, but I feel like that's easy to do with straw hats? Anyone have advice?

Holland & Holland Sun Hat - L - Available but dibsed by @snackbandit for the moment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Borsalino NWT Panama - 59CM - Available

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15 people like this.
  19. Cj52racers

Cj52racers Senior member

Those Lunor's a page back are $$$

20. tmethecat