• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JUST FOR PERSONAL CLARIFICATION, IF YOU DO NOT MIND....

Was Subject #1 left behind while Subject #2 was purchased?

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Jompso Canali Kei is the ****. My favorite RTW jackets.

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ that would be correct. Good thing I didn't take pictures of the other stuff I left lol

It wasn't a total loss Gents.

Did score this bad boy in my size. 3 roll 2 patch pocket. Any idea if it's recent? The tag has been cutout. The other larger Canali items I left were all brown label so might have been part of the same donation

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bah. I left it. Someone here told me all real Hermes ties have a thread loop on the inside and top that you pull to tighten the stitching or something.

Or I'm completely mistaken?
Half the real hermes ties I've found had no loop.
The best tell for me is just the quality of the silk.you know as soon as you touch it.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol that loop I guess. Idk I never opened up my other ties but the first time I found Hermes I was told to look for the loop to ensure its real.

Any how thanks for the knowledge gents. Meh good thing this is a hobby. The fun thing about thrifting is there's always tomorrow. Plus, It wasn't very nice anyways.
ffffuuuu.gif
haha

I've found a few Hermes ties. The one that I thought was nicest turned out to be fake. #themoreyouknow

SteelGuy

Reaction score
Well I guess pickings have been a bit tougher. But nothing falls from the sky here, except maybe worn out 30 year old brooks brothers.

That said, I did find these and about 25 other items in the last few days. Getting different things recently too.

Pop on Prada, vintage Hermes, Jil Sander, and Vince.

And I do believe this is one of the Polo shirts we're looking for.

leisurewear

Reaction score

Trust me .all real.
If anybody has ten at their disposal right now,look and I guarantee you a few won't have them and they are still real.

Haha I just mean the second after you posted about how you can tell by just touching it Fueco posted about how the one he thought was the nicest turned out to be fake. That's what I meant by perfect timing

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was definitely fake. Spoo left his mark...

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seen hermes with and without that thread loop... familiarize yourself with the dovetail construction, twill angle and I agree w frenchy the hand is a giveaway. Also the silk should be fairly matte.

Also the tipping should match the base color iirc. Check the alphanumeric against comps. If you've found legit before they get easier to spot.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
struck out tonight, here's a few thrifted vignettes. have a great weekend everybody.

zac efron sig

miley sig

"clean up in bric-a-brac"

uhoh.gif

oh and spent a few minutes patching this Lo handknit. patch yarn is more of a copper, not really yellow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads