1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. ulyysses

ulyysses Member

First post long lurker. About 500 pages behind the coal face after 6 months of on and off reading this thread - it's been a fantastic resource both for thrifting and overall fashion knowledge and has helped me build a respectable office wardrobe.

I live in a country far away so pickings are slim but lo and behold I've pulled a pair of margiela pants and what I think is a tom ford era gucci button up. From my eye they appear legit but would love some input. Apologies for the potato quality photos; photography isn't my thing. The margiela pants have a partial elastic waist that seems to have been over stretched that will have to be taken in so, if they are a fake I wouldn't want to bother. The sixteen is obscured due to small plastic tag from the opshop.

Thanks all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

Proxy?

Welcome new guy!

3. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Senior member

Dude...

4. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

Those PS sunglasses look like $$ to me...

5. Purplelabel

They look like mine to me! I wonder if he'll take spleens in trade...

Quick pit stop, two more scarves to add to the inventory.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  6. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

Fellow Jedi's of the Thrift, i humbly present today's offerings. may your judgement be favorable.
    A legit Nike coat. solid black, no fading. fits like a glove.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Jap Market Nike swag?!!! Yiss.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Got some Starter's coming my way, but had to have this.
    and?
    some jeans.
    Momotaro x Japan Blue G004. haven't seen these ones before. i think the pocket pictures allude to the tale of Momotaro ("peachboy") fighting the Oni (Demon)
    classic tale in Japanese literature.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wit dat peach pink selvedge. [​IMG]

yet again, the Thrift provides. [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  7. Purplelabel

Dat pink selvy swag is boss, man... Shieeeet.

1 person likes this.
  8. CWOyaji

CWOyaji Well-Known Member

On my way to an event a couple of days ago, I stopped in at a GW that has been productive at times but typically hit or miss.
    First stop was the tie rack, where this caught my eye - with the tight geometric pattern and vibrant color I thought I'd found a Charvet or a Brioni, but no such luck.
    [​IMG]
    Never heard of this brand before but a beautiful tie and and a cop at $2.99. Not only that, but the color is "Greenery", the 2017 Color of the Year. Lately when I've found an item that's a keeper in this color it's been an omen that something good is about to happen.

[​IMG]

I didn't have to wait long; turned around and on the shoe rack were these AE Graysons. I have a pair in my size that I've had for years but these were in my younger son's size (11.5) , and NWOB condition. Is this kid lucky or what? Guess they didn't fit somebody. N/A

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  9. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

Guess I am looking for confirmation of what seems an obvious fake EZ suit. The button holes look nice and hand sewn, but there is no typical markings along the lining of the pants, there is no tag showing the origin and content, just two little tabs on the jacket and on the pants which show size 44R and size 36.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Less of a Zegna suit than shoes shitty Neiman Marcus Suits that use Zegna clothe, that label has never ever been used either, sorry.

1 person likes this.
  11. Purplelabel

I'd guess that somebody has sewn in a Zegna tag. Look to be a nice suit, though.

Who cares about brands anyway? [​IMG]

12. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

I've personally seen sewn in Paul Smith/ PS London, Versace, Prada, Armani, Brioni, Kiton, ummmmmmm... all I got off the dome.

13. Purplelabel

I understand the others, but PS Paul Smith? I'm as much of a Paul Smith fanboy as Paul himself, but why PS?

Jompso mate, that last haul was epic man. I really enjoyed that and good to know you're all ok my friend.

14. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

I apologize that was a really stupid abbreviation to assign that brand when the same one sells another diffusion of the same....

Correction: I meant Paul Smith London when I wrote that sorry.

And thank you man, took me a little while to organize it all just since I'm no longer at the same location so had to find all the backs then 90 photos, but yea it worked out well cuz it had a little something for everyone I realized which is cool and really like it when it works out that way, when you can thrift brag and have a finished collection that has some for everyone, love being able to share those with you guys, quite nice when the hard work works out in literally ever facet we do here/

1 person likes this.
  15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Someone needs to develop an app to help post all these cumbersome photos (followed by an app that helps me find grails to share).

1 person likes this.
  16. Purplelabel

That makes more sense!

I appreciate the work it took to make that post, I don't ever manage massive hauls like that bit it takes time even for a couple of pictures; I'm looking forward to the next one.

This thread excites me; even though those two measly scarves I posted earlier, aren't brag worthy, they still make me happy to share what I found.

17. bpk1

bpk1 Senior member

In the field, I don't ride but this leather riding jacket is insanely heavy, and seems pretty well made - anyone happen to recognize the buttons? No labels anywhere...

[​IMG]

Ended up leaving it.

18. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Looks like someone decided to dump off their nice cycling clothing. All Rapha (one donor) and one Assos (different donor).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13 people like this.
  19. Fashionablemale

Fashionablemale Senior member

I live in a town with a lot of cycling, since it's the home town of George Hincapie. I see cycling jerseys fairly frequently, what are some brands to look for?

20. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

That guys fave color was....Navy .

4 people like this.