• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see Miller Bros non-stop, and they have some very high quality OTR and MTM stuff, but since I'm more a reseller I never grab it...it's not well known outside of the Atlanta area. Same for Edgar Pomeroy - dude made some insanely intricate hand-made suits but no one seems to care, so I leave them now.

leisurewear

Reaction score
I see Miller Bros non-stop, and they have some very high quality OTR and MTM stuff, but since I'm more a reseller I never grab it...it's not well known outside of the Atlanta area. Same for Edgar Pomeroy - dude made some insanely intricate hand-made suits but no one seems to care, so I leave them now.

Yeah I've seen a couple of their made in Canada private label stuff which I've left but this was the first time seeing made in Italy private label

div25sec9

Reaction score

Yeah I've seen a couple of their made in Canada private label stuff which I've left but this was the first time seeing made in Italy private label

Do you know who made the Canadian stuff? It's usually Samuelsohn, Coppley, or Jack Victor making for others here.

I did watch a fairly interesting documentary about menswear made in America on Netflix

it featured a bunch of great companies such as Oxxford, Tellason, and Oak Street Bootmakers.

leisurewear

Reaction score
Do you know who made the Canadian stuff? It's usually Samuelsohn, Coppley, or Jack Victor making for others here.

I did watch a fairly interesting documentary about menswear made in America on Netflix

it featured a bunch of great companies such as Oxxford, Tellason, and Oak Street Bootmakers.
Not sure for this store specifically but those are the usual suspects. There's another local men's store here (and recent SF partner) H Stockton whose private label Canada suits and sport coats are Samuelsohn. I think Jack Victor makes Brooks Brothers' Canada stuff.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Haven't been out in a bit. Got some stuff for myself and grabbed these too

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel your pain. It's gotten so bad around here, and the thrift stores knowing and hoarding every men's label from Eton to Patrick Ervell doesn't help either.

Those RB's are vintage so there is no model #. 1960's or prior. Could be WWII-era aviators. Either way, I think you're looking at good $$ with those original lenses.

WWII era would not say ray ban on the lenses. There is a vintage ray ban thread in the ol SF

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah yeah, I'm far from an expert on those. Haha. They are definitely old, though. If WWII is ruled out, I'd guess 50's.

I would say way later probably 70's Could be wrong tho
Thanks fellas. Either way I love em, the character and everything makes them neat. Hooked on the sunglasses bin now.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eagerly anticipating the arrival of this jacket. Thanks to a tip from @silverwarebandit

the reinforced shoulders/elbows are pretty interesting for that vintage, seems like you don't see typically those on american riding jackets until around 1960. nice score!

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
meh...

Holy ****! (available if they fit you
lol8[1].gif
- I can't really find any sold listings...)

Takai

Reaction score
I actually just sent off the nicest Pomeroy by Greenfield jacket I ever encountered. Handwork on it was absolutely stunning, and I have about 20 Miller bros ties in my rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads