• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spoo, they suit you really well. This might warrant exploration, I unfortunately associate no socks with dress shoes with try-hards.

Loafers aren't really dress shoes and wearing them with no socks is a pretty standard look in warm weather. I wouldn't wear loafers sockless with a suit, but otherwise yes. I know I'm in Europe, but It seems just as prevelant over the pond.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just want to state emphatically. That your "Auction Grade Honda" Bike find is top 3 in my memories of stuff seen on here.
That sir, is a thread "Artifact".
thumbs-up.gif

-will get a bike, just waiting for the right one. . . . A black 1980's kawazaki with red accents. . . . .
Vader, you've seen a lot of stuff on here. For that to be a memory of yours is amazing. Hope all is well with you sir.

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should know this, but I can't find anything after searching here. Does the strap on the back of these Zegna pants with 5 stars signify Couture?

Last edited:

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fellas, honestly, whenever I feel overwhelmed here at my 9-5 I take a peek at this thread and it really really bring me back down to Earth. Ya'll are an amazing group of gents.

leisurewear

Reaction score

Fellas, honestly, whenever I feel overwhelmed here at my 9-5 I take a peek at this thread and it really really bring me back down to Earth. Ya'll are an amazing group of gents. 

Opposite for me. Gives me angst thinking about all the imaginary grails I'm missing out on. In all seriousness though you guys are cool

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo, I have not simply been just assuming, I've been more or less merely operating under the fact that there is no question, that you do not have one, but at least, one pair of Alpina M-1 Premium Metal and Swarvoski crystal framed Avtaors Honestly, I thought you for sure had both versions of those and even went in for those limited Edition ones with like a Diamond or something, for like 3,5k because completing that set and the phrase, ******* in conjunction, a simple flippant statement that is alarmaingly successful........side not: for all that clicked the spoiler....1. have I actually utilized that term to decide upon purchasing an something? Yes.,,2. Does it weirdlly just ease your stress and any hesitency about purchasing? Weirdly, yea. Is there every a time where this is smart, NEVER.Don't be dumb, you can't afford them.

Now Spoo, if your simply a man who utilizes sunglasses to simply block the sun from his eyes, and use a frame surroudning those medically responsibile parts of them, with a specific, classic Frame, and thats that, and the idea of even perhaps back up pair or something doesn't even interest, unless of course, they are the same exact ones that you were daily, just incase something happesn to your main pair. then no need to read on. But I got a giuy, and he's a special type of guy, his business happens to be Sunglasess. This has been his business for the past $40 years or so, and 2 be honest, I don't know anyone else who knows or knows abut Jack. I know about Jack though. And Jack isn't someone who simply sells special edition or vintage frames, Jack a man who probably has about 4,500 pairs or so, depending on brand and lines of production etc...you get an Idea, Jack though is someone who isn;t like a single other sunglass dealer in the Country. Because every single pair that he owns, all 5k or so, were purchased brand new and directly placed into locked storage. So he possess for example, every single separate collar model and frame dimension B&L produced for Ray Bans for the entire decade of the 70s, purchase includes all of the original packaging etc...

He has every single model of the first edition releases of all Persol models, even the rare ass original versions pf the Foldables, all Carreras, every model of Cazal produced in it's true prime. Of course he has a great deal of **** like Caviar and deadstock 70s Dior Mobster Frames, fairly possible he's got a few pairs of LV millionaires never removed from the boxes and ****, I for sure that you'd own a pair of these....and of course, he's also got the vintage technical ones like BMW racing, as well as the ******* 80s ******* weird ****, like Gaultier or Matsuda....24k Cartier....but of course, you most likely know that the true point of this message is truly to simply inform you pf the Versace, because he has it, a ;pt of it, Probably Spanning 1980-1997.

I mean honestly, Jack only has two true, loyal monthly customers, Usher and Rick Ross, they stop by once a month, reup, and return.....Ross drops around 6 bills each visit, cleans out all the crazy **** that nobody buys. which Jack in return then must dedicate all his time and effort to locate them again.

So yea, if you've got any potential interest in Jack and Jack's passion and the goods in which he provides for sale, lemme know....I can rep you or simply pass along, information, paper with numbers, the numbers that you may use to contact him, however, I think, if you are at all interested, Telephone correspondence in this manner is dumb, i'll have him pass along his direct personal email, that opens a line of communication that allows sending a picture as easy as a sentence.

Lastly, I know this goes without saying, but this is not a thrift......with that said his prices are quite fairly priced, and I think you more or less probably share a similar consumer approach as myself, I could just as easily be wrong, but you being you, I think that you obviously thrift/trade/buy off clients, etc... whenever you are able, cuz your'er a thrifter at heart, With that said, a man that also possesses the intelligence that allows him to easily conclude that when you want something, sometimes you just gotta go to retail, tha sometimes hoping for something in a thrift to POP IUP, maybe not hopeless cuz we all know anything can happen...something like winning the Lotto for example, but I don't peg you as someone with a a weekly ticket, lucky numbers and a ******* rabbits root. That the reality in this is world is sure , maybe you'lll find what you want tomorrow, next week or next year, but its's not the type of item that normally winds up in in lineup of 10 blazers or Suits, and with little challenge, I, will point out each piece that will never be thrifted, I'd even stake each item picked....but I cant win **** so that would be dumb.

welll anyways, lemme know

Speaking of thread Members......you're sitting at your computer, waiting to shoot off PMs in regards to possibie Proxy or whatever, you have a little text to read first....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads