• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some fodder and more art.
57/75 on canvas. Sold for $350 originally, no resales I can find for the canvas version, the paper version I've found. Not bad for $5

Fun vintage camp shirt

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn what the funck happened in here today? Golf tournament at work keeping me from thrifting all week.
Wifes in palm beach cleaning up down there. Pics of her hauls to come. Super fodder tease tho...
One donor

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Almost paid retail for some white bucks, good thing i found these for $6 in my size. J Crew, pretty crispy after some work with the suede eraser and brush. Pictured in spoiler in their maiden voyage. Sadly not the Alden for Jcrew bucks
So in summary nothing super exciting given the quality of items on this thread but got a lot of intangible value this week. Hopefully some cool stuff over the weekend!
I get a TON of use out of my J Crew tan bucks, and lots of compliments too. Good find, IMO.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing like scrolling through this thread to give one second thoughts about posting. But here are a few from an average day:

Thomas Pink polo was minty, so I bit.
My aloha shirt fascination continues, especially for vintage stuff. I don't know if Waltah Clarke's is a valuable brand, but the print and the Kamehameha buttons grabbed me. Plus Gyotaku by Naoki for Reyn Spooner, and Joe Kealoha.

Luckily, my Borrelli luck continues as well, plus DeCaro, Talbott, Canali, and anonymous PS. I would have passed on the Gian DeCaro tie, but it's 6-fold. Any PNW folks know who makes for him?

If no one buys this Mill Valley BR hat, I can use it for a Hunter S. Thompson costume at Halloween.

No idea how old these deadstock, US-Made Woolrich trous are, but they're awesome.

Also awesome: these specs:

A bit of thrift sync w @snackbandit, but mine probably aren't as desirable. No name, made in Japan. They're for Burning Man, or maybe I can wear them for a Sting costume if the HS Thompson thing doesn't work out.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
hung out with @ark8712 yesterday over drinks and appetizers and ignored my family for an hour while we discussed the intricacies of thrifting. Awesome time man, cant wait to do it again!

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score

This is "imashime": 戒 Different from "warrior" :戎 Note differences in the character =) Nice try though!
Huh, 2 seperate Japanese people said Imashime. Go figure. . . Now imma have to ask a few more to be sure.
Picked up this today Spooner X Nissan Z minty XXL though
Shirt Z, Badass much.
So much awesome on here today.

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift bros, Style Forum asked me to take over their Instagram account in the very near future. Is there anything you would like to see photographed in the Chicago area? Any stores, restaurants, architecture, etc,etc?

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Street food, street style. As candid and gnarly as possible.

And random people fit pics in black and white.

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Does a crew neck solid gray T-shirt from a ¥100 store count? Curiosity made me buy one. I mean, come on. It's only 99 cents :)

Edit: surprisingly comfortable.

Last edited:

jamesmkeart

Reaction score

Thrift bros, Style Forum asked me to take over their Instagram account in the very near future. Is there anything you would like to see photographed in the Chicago area? Any stores, restaurants, architecture, etc,etc?

All the places you find awesome stuff mapped out in detail lol. Seriously though, I think the food and architecture are the highlights.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes....a bicycle piled up with Kiton.

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huge shoutout to
@cpmac7 for the deal. Norton & Sons field coat just got here and it is BALLER.

also, eazy, that sounds awesome man. Some shots of some of the smaller boutique type mens retailers in Chicago would be cool

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hung out with @ark8712 yesterday over drinks and appetizers and ignored my family for an hour while we discussed the intricacies of thrifting. Awesome time man, cant wait to do it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics