• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today was such a tease. I got invited into the back stock room of one of my occasional stops. Wow. Only suits, a few pants and some outerwear was reachable. The rest was on racks well above my head. Suits: brioni, canali, tons of samuelsohn and Hickey Freeman. Cucinelli pants. zegna cashmere coats. The kicker: an Hermes cashmere topcoat they priced at $600. They wouldn't sell me a damn thing. :brick:

Takai

Reaction score

mistermidwester

Reaction score
Also, any watch guys? This seems like it's pretty nice quality, but I don't know anything about the logo.

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got out today for a bit.
RRL heavyweight cotton shirt

Kiton cotton/linen. Price tag left on for bragging purposes

Crispy Filson khakis

Mini-vintage tee haul and a Patagonia bucket hat for me. Whatchoo guys know about that vintage liqueur tee?!

My personal favorite. Some cathouse in Alaska with awesome art

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mario's dumps their merch? I've never seen any evidence of that. The jacket is pre-owned, but in great condition.

The hanger is just 1 of about 140-150 in our collection.
marios sends it back to retailer as they don't own there merchandise. That's for mainline stuff . I've seen them dump there house brand many times but never buy it.

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got out today for a bit.
RRL heavyweight cotton shirt
Kiton cotton/linen. Price tag left on for bragging purposes

Crispy Filson khakis

Mini-vintage tee haul and a Patagonia bucket hat for me. Whatchoo guys know about that vintage liqueur tee?!

My personal favorite. Some cathouse in Alaska with awesome art

Whoa! That's the RRL big bear, pretty rare piece!

Hmm. Every Suzuki piece I've seen has the same Woolrich tag. Either way like you said it's sweet and it's my size :)

I think leftofthedial must've been right when he said that was introduced with mcnairy. I've had (and mostly sold :() a bunch of the daiki stuff - upland, stream, Maine guide, and pen jackets, cruiser, upland, and knockabout shirts and I've never seen a garment center tag. It could be it was introduced at the transition to mcnairy? Which pieces did you have with it?

snackbandit

Reaction score
Mainly fodder and random things this week.

Wimminz stuff
FWK, CP Company

Rag & Bone, AllSaints

Usually don't pick this brand up, but NWT and tweed

Neiman Marcus shorts for personal use

Vince knits

Raf x Fred

MMM

I know close to nothing about tennis, but these were cheap

Orvis rod or rifle bag? Not sure which, but leaning towards the former.

Real patchwork PRL

BoO x William J Mills. The quality of this canvas is insane. Picked this one up a few weeks ago but forgot to post.

Bernhard Willhelm x Camper

PS London made in Italy. Can anyone help me identify the maker?

Picked up because of Spoo's sold listings.

Solar ski sunnies made in France. Too bad I'm not bout that steampunk lyfe.

Paid up, but 80% off, NWT, and for personal use. Probably the best knit piece I have ever owned.

Turntable experts:

Saw this but passed because of the price. It's in working condition, but not too sure if it's missing any components. Should I go back tomorrow?

Last edited:

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@snackbandit Babolat is top tier for rackets. Should do well. That's what I have (thrifted it from my instructor :happy:)

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
art. can i get a sig check?

just kidding. the artist is Francisco Zuniga.

i spent quite a bit of time in the sculpture garden at UCLA years and years ago. they have a great Zuniga there and so plainly recognized the artist. grabbed this for myself figuring it was old enough to be printed in the 60s (there's some kind of shadow around the border i assume from acid in the mat or tape?). otherwise very nice shape, good colors, etc etc.

as a bonus there are a couple of comps and this is indeed a thing (seem to be the same edition, all with the sig in the plate) but for now will keep my Gorman company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads