• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
There is a RG wearer here. I see him most mornings getting coffee. He steps out of his stock 350Z. Is wearing snakeskin cowboy boots. G-star Jeans. Has an RG ish shirt tucked in. With a belt buckle that is prolly $$$ in weighted silver.
Shaved short colored hair, ample jewellery. And a big ass neckchain with sunglasses. He's like the Japanese Disco Cowboy.:crackup:

Gotta respect his swag. Probably a cool guy.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

There is a RG wearer here. I see him most mornings getting coffee. He steps out of his stock 350Z. Is wearing snakeskin cowboy boots. G-star Jeans. Has an RG ish shirt tucked in. With a belt buckle that is prolly $$$ in weighted silver.
Shaved short colored hair, ample jewellery. And a big ass neckchain with sunglasses. He's like the Japanese Disco Cowboy.:crackup:

Gotta respect his swag. Probably a cool guy.

We should all post pics of our local RG stereotypes. Id be curious to see how location plays a factor in their swagger.

"swagger".

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based off all your descriptions, I'm happy I've never seen anyone wearing one haha

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I picked this up from a damn near toothless salty old dog at a flea market. @Nataku , @Pierson v Post good move at $30?

and how old is it? Im really horrible at this. The guy said he thought vietnam era but I think its older.

@SpooPoker very interesting suit! All of the "Z" type anti-gravity suits can be distinguished by that diagonal zipper across the front. The Z and Z-2 were both started around 1945/6, but I believe this particular suit started in 1950. U.S. Naval aviators wore suits with the "MIL-S-5085" designation, seen here on the 3rd line. That was used on Naval suits from 1950 to the late 1960's. I can't tell for sure, but if this was from a Navy pilot, most likely it is from the Korean War era.

Newspaper article from 1945 talking about the new "Z" anti-gravity suits:

ReubenR

Reaction score
We should all post pics of our local RG stereotypes. Id be curious to see how location plays a factor in their swagger.

"swagger".

God, I'm gonna regret this. And that's a sorority's hand sign that's just barely cut off.

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up this BB blazer yesterday, can anyone tell me the year it came out, looks like an old one, sorry for the bad pics,

I have the same one (assuming yours is green). It's the only 346 line I've seen that's fully canvassed with what appears to be handwork. Not sure exactly how old it is.

Fashionablemale

Reaction score
Any insight on this Military Jacket? I saw it yesterday and wasn't sure if this was a thing. Its a double breasted coat. I also found these Goretex winter trousers. @Pierson v Post @Nataku

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the same one (assuming yours is green). It's the only 346 line I've seen that's fully canvassed with what appears to be handwork. Not sure exactly how old it is.

Probably 1970's. That's the original "346" (named for BB's location at 346 Madison Ave.), and is different from today's 346. The original 346 was well-made; the current 346 is made for the BB outlet stores and is junky. The original line was from the 1950's or 60's into the 70's; in the 60's the tag was black, and changed to blue in the 70's.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, RG shirts are the boss. I would wear all the non-striped one in my size. Unfortunately, their shirts fit so baggy so I've found a total of 1 that I can wear, but it's a good one.

Mono-colored but with embroidering everywhere, front, back, side, top, bottom, you name it
I feel like there's no way to ask this without sounding like a jerk. With that said, do you seriously wear that out and about? Is it a special occasion shirt or do you wear it to the grocery store, post office, other everyday errands?

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
Spoils from Atlanta

Top Left to Bottom right - All HF from same donor, same store, over the course of 7 years
Hickey Freeman - Gray
Hickey Freeman - Gray Flannel
Hickey Freeman - Navy Flannel
Hickey Freeman - Dark Gray Flannel
Hickey Freeman - Gray
Hickey Freeman - Navy Flannel
Oxxford - Gray

All Roughly size 40/42

Hickey Freeman - 42L

Pal Zileri - 90/10 wool/cash - 46

Best
view of color

Brooks Brothers - 50L

Brooks Brothers - 46L

Top Left to Bottom Right
JCrew Bowery - 36x31
Pennington & Bailes (Go Dawgs) - 34x32
Southern Marsh - Large NA
Incotex - Wool - 34x29
Pal Zileri - Damaged - didn't see until taking measurements

Bruno Magli - shoes
Ike Behar, Ike Behar, Brooks Brothers - ties
Maus Hoffman, Bills Khakis - belts

NWOT V2 Versace - Not sure if the "good" Versace and has some fabric defects but it wasn't a good spot and couldn't pass on it
Still has all pockets basted shut and the fabric swatch and spare buttons in inner pocket.
I think it was a 46R

VTG Brooks Brothers

Polo Ralph Lauren - USA - Flannel Chalk Line

Brooks Brothers

Brooks Brothers Puppytooth Flannel (36) and Patrick James/Vitale Barberis Canonico Flannel Windowpane (42)

Polo Ralph Lauren - US - Camelhair - 38

And probably the best barbeque I've ever had. Fox Bros near Little Five Points. Wait was 1 hour 45 minutes on Sunday night so we ended up getting it to go.

The Lopez
Frito Pie
Fox-a-Roni
Pulled Pork
Ribs - hands down best

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
^^LOVE fox bros. damn good BBQ.

leisurewear

Reaction score
Quote:
Fox bros has a lot of hype but definitely lives up to it. If you ever go back try the ***** beef brisket. Out of this world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads