• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always fun finding a new tag.

Nice details and I know they have a large SF presence.
And this skeet. Patch pocket denim.

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Out of curiosity I asked her what they do with all the out-of-season items they get (like this scarf) that are donated. She said they send them off to 3rd world countries or just shred them to recycle the material.

Thinking of kids in some 3rd world ghetto running around barefoot and draped in Kiton cashmere or RLPL makes me smile.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unsyructured.partial slik lining and wool/silk blend over all.its Navy but came out black.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can you give me some tips, homie? Cause its been 10 years for me and I'm nowhere close to perfecting her.

For me, it was all about finding where the clutch engaged. Once you figure that out, you'll have a better idea on when to get on the accelerator and can play around with finding that sweet spot where everything just meshes perfectly thus equating to smooth shifts every time.

There's probably someone on here that can explain it a lot better than that. It's easier to show than it is to write out. :)

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well if any of you are in Mass and want to leave me with your beater manual for a day in a parking lot, I'd be happy to take you up on it. hahaha.

I learned stick on a test drive. Friend came with me who knew how to drive stick and he drove the car off the lot. Went around the corner and we switched places - got about 30 minutes of lessons and had the basics down. Hardest to learn was keeping it in the sweet spot when stopped pointed uphill, but that'll be somewhat different on every car so you pretty much have to figure it out on each car.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unsyructured.partial slik lining and wool/silk blend over all.its Navy but came out black.

Love the Sartoriale line, those pieces are so nice.

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't tell if @Nataku missed the joke or he's just THAT smooth..

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hi all,

Help needed. Found this amazing vintage BB overcoat. Great details and weighs a ton. No other label except this one inside a pocket. Wondering how old this thing is...

AHS

Paging Dr. @Orgetorix...

Last edited:

TexJake

Reaction score
These were both super nasty when I picked them up at lunch. Shoulda taken before pics. Considering keeping first pair. Marked 9.5E, fits my 10.5-11US foot. Snug, but definitely wearable for a full day at a time.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you guys know of anyone heading to Alabama to purchase a Southwick suit, tell them not to bother. I think that I just bought them all.
peepwall[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads