1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Canyon

Canyon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Grrrrrrrrrr!!!! Kiton orphaned pin stripe pants! Headed back today to hopefully reunite... Kiton flat front trousers, very nice.

Swear this guy dropped off his entire wardrobe and they are just putting out a couple pieces at a time...

3 people like this.
  2. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

3 people like this.
  3. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

Dunhill usually is by Zegna

1 person likes this.
  4. Bahljs

Bahljs Senior member

5. dad2bandm

dad2bandm Senior member

Thanks for the info guys. I left it so that's good. Thought about flipping it, but I need to get rid of other stuff first before I get more.

6. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Thanks for the help! I figured it was a long shot that anyone could give any real numbers based on the little information I offered. The guy didn't even know they were in his shop. I saw a couple of Omega pocket watches and asked whether he had any others. He said unfortunately not. I look a couple of cases over and spot these. He laughed and said that he forgot they were there. Since he had them priced at €150 and €350, think I'd be relatively safe shooting him an offer of €400 on both? It would likely be a total gamble, I'm sure I could have him run them to a proper watch place, but I'd rather use the unknown as leverage in a negotiation.

Now we're talking. I watch them on repeat and drop their quotes into my life every day or so (I've told at least three people to "Go shit in your hat."). In fact, it's on in my office as I type this.

1 person likes this.
  7. horse's_ass

horse's_ass Senior member

Couple pairs of melton wool field pants, both from the 1950's.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12 people like this.
  8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Found an aloha tie this morning...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    2 people like this.
  9. jkiser

jkiser Member

Vicuna. Can anyone tell me the proper way to care for this coat? Anyone have any idea what it might be worth? Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13 people like this.
  10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The Woolrich is called the "Malone" pant.

1 person likes this.
  11. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Senior member

If there ever l was a tie with your name on it...

(Not saying your name is Hattie)

12. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

HUGE thanks to @AHS for a great trade that netted me my first Boglioli jacket. I can't overstate how stoked I am. Once the sleeves are adjusted, I'll be good to go.

[​IMG]

My mislabeled eBay Black Fleece trifecta is complete. $19 shipped each on average. Only one is from Linda.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  13. eazye

eazye Senior member

I picked up the Woolrich version of these a few weeks ago. Same exact fabric. So thick they could probably stand up on their own.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  14. eazye

eazye Senior member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  15. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Senior member

Damn I'm jelly, Eazy. That's a nice boy-leeee-oh-leeeee.

16. eazye

eazye Senior member

The original photos that I shot of this didn't upload in my last post, but this thing is so f'ing cool, I thought it deserved its own post. Paid $7. N/A
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21 people like this.
  17. snackbandit

snackbandit Senior member

Pretty sure that's the "I am Legend" colonial bag. So sick.

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  18. thebuddahman

thebuddahman Senior member

@HansderHund
    Obviously as we know in this game there are some deals that just feel 'right' but with watches the market is a bit of a minefield. Older watches in particular may seem like a wise investment but some don't fetch much money at all. There are tons of variables to consider.

Have you seen the watch working? If so, can you get it to a watch guy to see how accurate the movement is? Can you open it up and see if the movement is in fact original? Sometimes they are swapped out for cheaper movements. If not working, how much would a service be for that movement (bearing in mind there's still no guarantee of it working even after a service). What condition is it in? Is the dial original (some get replaced which lowers the value)? Are there any complications (e.g. Date, chronograph etc?) as this will likely mean a higher risk of not working or a higher service bill. Is the strap/bracelet original? If it's a leather strap is the clasp and buckle original. I could go on and on but you get the idea. Make sure you are sure before taking the plunge. Do your homework. Watchuseek is a fantastic forum for advice.

1 person likes this.
  19. eazye

eazye Senior member

:devil: [​IMG] edit: @snackbandit, just saw what you wrote. That's pretty cool, I didn't realize he was also wearing a Belstaff bag. And I think you are right, it's the same one I found. :slayer: :slayer:

7 people like this.
  20. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

I just watched that episode a couple nights ago, when Junior wanders off. Probably my third time watching all the way through. Definitely top 5.