• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
couple gig posters:

both signed and graciously framed, same artist but no idea who. both a/p but that doesn't mean what it used to.

Takai

Reaction score
Anyone here have good luck with iron on patches for moth holes, or some other method less costly than reweaving?

Normally i wouldn't be interested, but I picked up a mainline yohji yamamoto Shacket - pants combo in a really dark navy, with probably 6 tiny moth holes in different areas. I'd like to keep it for personal use, and considering the baggy nature of the pieces, it seems like tiny patches behind the fabric would work just fine for casual use.
Honestly, being YY I'd just wear as is, and call it "distressing," but I wouldnt get to stressed about it.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nailed it! thanks amigo!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

GM-H

Reaction score

New Corneliani?? silk/linen and fits like a 38

would pass normally but $1.50 each

Pop on the spencer

Pop

Pop on the ugly MCM but rap lyfe yo

Peep holes (pop) and Kazuo Kawasaki

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If only I didn't have that pesky mortgage.....

I've actually had mine do repairs for free. I picked up a recent Brooks Brothers blazer that, weirdly enough, had almost every button loose on it. Coincidentally, I was dropping off some clothing to be cleaned that same day. I accidentally gave them that jacket as well, and I assumed they'd loose all the buttons in the process. To my surprise when I got the jacket back they had removed every button, along with stitching, and re-sewn them on, free of charge.

Wow. Never leave them. That is unbelievable to do unasked and free of charge.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

I just got back from lunch-time thrift. Saw two of these striped Etro Milano's as well (not these ones obviously), and I left them, as I'm trying to figure out these shirts still. They don't seem to go for much on that other site, unless, it's some unique paisley one? I've never found one that is my size, so haven't had to consider grabbing one for personal use. Is Etro Milano not worth grabbing then, normally? (edit: not including the Etro Milano jacket I found a little while ago - I knew to grab that beaut).

At 1.50 each though, it seems like there is something left for you to make it worthwhile.

What I didn't leave behind, was the mostly blue, popping, Robert Graham! I was excited, as I haven't been finding any of them lately, for awhile. For sure, I know it will be sold this weekend.

Last edited:

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have good luck with iron on patches for moth holes, or some other method less costly than reweaving?

Normally i wouldn't be interested, but I picked up a mainline yohji yamamoto Shacket - pants combo in a really dark navy, with probably 6 tiny moth holes in different areas. I'd like to keep it for personal use, and considering the baggy nature of the pieces, it seems like tiny patches behind the fabric would work just fine for casual use.
@jebarne had a post in the eBay thread a few weeks ago about making repairs using small patches and fusing tape. Might be helpful.

div25sec9

Reaction score

I just got back from lunch-time thrift.  Saw two of these striped Etro Milano's as well (not these ones obviously), and I left them, as I'm trying to figure out these shirts still.  They don't seem to go for much on that other site, unless, it's some unique paisley one?  I've never found one that is my size, so haven't had to consider grabbing one for personal use.  Is Etro Milano not worth grabbing then, normally? (edit:  not including the Etro Milano jacket I found a little while ago - I knew to grab that beaut). 

At 1.50 each though, it seems like there is something left for you to make it worthwhile.

What I didn't leave behind, was the mostly blue, popping, Robert Graham!  I was excited, as I haven't been finding any of them lately, for awhile.  For sure, I know it will be sold this weekend.

Etro almost follows the Robert Graham mould, the louder and crazier the pattern, the better they do.

Pattern shirts do quite well, stripes and solids don't have much demand. Suits and blazers, are for sure a pickup; once again, the louder the better...they do sell well, $150 - $200 without a problem; more for louder stuff.

If you find patterned pants in 34, or shirts 40/41 let me know!

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Etro almost follows the Robert Graham mould, the louder and crazier the pattern, the better they do.

Pattern shirts do quite well, stripes and solids don't have much demand. Suits and blazers, are for sure a pickup; once again, the louder the better...they do sell well, $150 - $200 without a problem; more for louder stuff.

If you find patterned pants in 34, or shirts 40/41 let me know!

Interesting...
I have found a dark brown one, with some garrish, green paisley? pattern design across it. The colours do not pop though (not bright)...it's kind of a dimmer, muted shirt. I may go look at it again. Can't recall the size.

Thanks for your info!

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two stops, two pops

Boss suit for the smaller dudes 38S

Pop on Oxxford Clothes! Very nice triple patch joint unfortunately with a small lapel hole. Couldn't leave it. Size 38

Mini shirt haul and a pop on LP mainline

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics