1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Canyon

Canyon Well-Known Member

I begin this whole thrifting journey a few months ago, because I put on about 25 lbs and none of my clothes fit anymore (it was on purpose and mostly muscle). But now that I've revamped my wardrobe with some amazing stuff (thanks in great part to this thread) I'm getting rid of stuff that doesn't fit. I know there's a buy/sell thread, I posted these over there to, but would like feed back on the pictures and set up and any other thoughts.

This is a charcoal vc suit, I also have a navy, both only worn once or twice by me (bought new). The Canali tux I bought cause it was the first I had seen something like that. It's was a thrift and too big for me, a 46.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

Dont know why you measured the bottom of the jacket? Cannot read the measurements in the photos.

3. TJGent87

TJGent87 Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Canyon

Canyon Well-Known Member

I know a lower line on the suits, but all my size, so pretty happy for the price and condition. I assume same donor. Shirts were a nice find too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  5. Canyon

Canyon Well-Known Member

Wife's suggestion, she took the pics and did the measuring as well. She's in women's fashion, a designer, but knows nothing of men's stuff.

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  7. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

Well...if shes your wife....dont argue....just do as she says...

8. SteelGuy

SteelGuy Senior member

Couple of stops on the way across the state.

Nice Eton shirt in a small town...
    [​IMG]

Also a corneliani tuxedo...

Then stopped by the savers...
    Original USA chaps, and a cotton flannel Turnbull & asser

[​IMG]

3 ferragamo ties with good designs
    [​IMG]

2 vineyard vines belts
    [​IMG]

And as I was walking out happened on this vest...
    [​IMG]

Ppu on the savers $5.60

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    3 people like this.
  9. namdaemun

namdaemun Senior member

Lo heads,

Is this the sought after Lo? Thanks. Currently NA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12 people like this.
  10. Tyrone MacStiophain

Tyrone MacStiophain Senior member

This thread seems to be mostly about classic menswear, followed by hip streetwear, with vintage americana coming in last. However, on the those of you who are into vintage western shirts, might appreciate my post on the Labels, heels and nail patterns thread. I posted 50 images of dating and identification info from the book Western Shirts: A Classic American Fashion, by Steven E. Weil & Daniel DeWeese.
    Check it out here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/24109/h...-secrets-to-id-the-maker/3240_40#post_8688269

10 people like this.
  11. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

Anything with the bear on it is sought after. Nice pick up!

12. SteelGuy

SteelGuy Senior member

Generally as @Dirt says polo bear = $ this one would cause me to investigate further though. From the picture it seems like it could have been screen printed on aftermarket, not original. Also, I haven't seen big bears on the back of a button front shirt. Check with @SpooPoker

1 person likes this.
  13. leisurewear

leisurewear Senior member

This is a helpful link. I think this is how 70% - 80% of the eBay jackets/suits are measured if they are included in the listing (personally i measure the sleeve slightly differently, though in a way that wouldn't be materially different from what is shown in the link)

https://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/clothing/style-tips/how-to-measure-a-jacket/

2 people like this.
  14. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

The angle and my over grown beard kinda has my face looking a little bit bigger than it is at that angle, plus the ridiculous hat is giving all weird lighting and whatever but I guess more or less, that would be roughly how I look, yes. How did you picture me? More Kobe esque?

Shits probably more legal than Vicuna is, I mean If I partook, I could have any strand of bud in the world delivered to my fucking door in 20 minutes. However I must live the remainder of my days knowing that that Cuna Peru patch is never going to be staring back at me when I open up a fucking jacket ever. Nobody listens to the Patte law here, but Loro Piana isn't even allowed to have any amount of it even in their fabric swatch book, and that day that will never happen when I order that 40k navy Vicuna coat w/ mink lining from their site? I literally have to have it shipped to someone else and have them send it to me. Oh and also, I asked them about their Vicuna reserve or whatever and I always thought they were able to sheer them 2 days a year...Nope, women schooled me, Vicuna can only be sheered 1 day every 2 years, guess that's why it's so cheap.

1 person likes this.
  15. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

The man responsible (Ex-Creative Director, responsible for such brilliant marketing strategies as the Metallica sponsorship and such, is totally fucking gone, however S/S 2017 still has that font featured on various RTW items. Most interesting are perhaps Brionis take on Vintage Polo winter Sports Sweaters and also this guy is the shit[​IMG]

Oh and also, their prices have fucking sky rocketed this season. Ca$h blend SC's are fucking $5,800....but that maybe just this store.

1 person likes this.
  16. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

I've learned the hard way before with Polo that if you don't see any comps for a piece, it may just be rare. That shirt looks good to me.

17. namdaemun

namdaemun Senior member

@PLaydice I know you are a Lo expert. Can you help bro? Thanks

18. namdaemun

namdaemun Senior member

Thanks Steel and Dirt. Pretty sure this is real because this was a hand me down from my uncle LOL He used to be one of the cool kids back at college i guess. Hopefully I have something that can fund my future watch purchase haha

2 people like this.
  19. Mr G from SD

Mr G from SD Senior member

It's real and it's a thing.

Not like 4 figures Lo thing, but you'll do well on it.

Probably a couple hundred at the most would be my guess, but I don't keep up with values much.

Looks like the knit sweater with that graphic is about a $300-400 piece, so a shirt likely won't go as much.

1 person likes this.
  20. dad2bandm

dad2bandm Senior member

Haven't posted latest stuff as it's getting busy getting close to Christmas, but...this has become one of my fave ties as of late;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tie: POLO by Ralph Lauren made in Italy crazy paisley silk
    Too nice to hide it under the vest today, really.

1 person likes this.