• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snackbandit

Reaction score
Hell yeah! Thanks for the info @Orgetorix

I was totally going to flip it as-is, but seeing those resto results have inspired me to take on this little project. Good stuff!

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Florida dudes be slipping.my friend near Naples just picked these up.
$2.99 for the rabbit

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Massimo Bizzocchi was (is?) the CEO of Kiton. This is his private line. Quality wise, those ties are near top tier.
He is only CEO for the U.S market. He only sits on the board in Italy. His line is in no way affiliated with kiton.

@DrLivingston

That's how they mark the price so those who like to take tags off the cashier knows the price. It's weird as some stores in the area do it some don't. It seems to have spread a little as I noticed there doing it in @Letric area.

futuremyth

Reaction score
Some pickups this week - nothing spectacular but some dumb vintage fun for people who like that sort of thing.

snapbacks (Cannons ones N/A)

Canadiens track jacket, M

Button-ups (RG, BBGF, Etro, vtg Wrangler, Chase Authentics NASCAR shirt, NWT Psycho Bunny [pop] and McNairy [pop])

Tees, vintage and otherwise (Ukranian Bootleg Bart is NA)

Reigning Champ coach's jacket with cool iridescent pattern, L

Sweatshirts, vintage and otherwise (and one Pearl Izumi LS jersey)

BB camel hair plaid, 41R

vintage mugs

canvas camera bag

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@futuremyth

Awesome random vintage haul, but that Sacred Reich shirt is killeeeeer.

JFST

Reaction score
Anyone recognize this care tag at all? The sweater doesn't have any other remaining tags.

Reminds me of the label Luciano Barbera sweater I found, but this is a wild assumption.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, @the2ndhandman ... what's up with the Roman numerals on the nametags of the shirts?

That's how they mark the price so those who like to take tags off the cashier knows the price. It's weird as some stores in the area do it some don't. It seems to have spread a little as I noticed there doing it in @Letric area.

Yep. The Goodwills around here generally mark every item $8 or more with either Black Ink pen or some kind of white crayon or something. The crayon generally comes off with a wash.

But the Black ink pen however... They claim it's a washable pen, I've asked before. Some stores use permanent markers like a Sharpie I think? It ruins the shirts/garments' labels. Anyways, the Black marks usually don't come out of jacket linings with a dry cleaning. It will usually come out of shirts when you wash, but sometimes it leaves a yellow stain. I have 2 Cucinelli shirts with yellow stains on the back of the necks, because when I hand washed them in a bucket... that damn black ink bled through and left yellow stains! Have tried everything on the stains but its some crazy chemical reaction bond. I hate it. It's best to wash them right after you take them home, don't let them sit for months.

I understand them taking measures to prevent theft like that, but I feel like it should maybe be the more expensive items? And also mark them in less visible spots. I hope they change it to that some day, but until then I just wash stuff and hope the markings come out. Sucks for jackets though, as they're pretty much permanently marked with X's and stuff.

*Oh I should mention: If you want to wear a shirt with that black marking in the neck, wash it beforehand! Sweat / Rain can make that ink bleed through and stain the shirt, and possible any jacket/sweater/etc you are wearing with it!

I would also hate to sell a shirt to someone and have them wear it, and that black stuff bled and stained it permanently or something else.*

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

@futuremyth

Awesome random vintage haul, but that Sacred Reich shirt is killeeeeer.

That Undefeated camo sweatshirt and the Bart boot are just unreal.

colorvision

Reaction score
One pit stop while waiting for my food.
Puhtaytoe pics....guess the buttons
teacha.gif

at least the last ones, first two are easy lol.

I was wondering if I'd see those LV jackets on here. Sure, not mainline quality, but not bad either, and pretty sharp looking in person IMO. Also, cheers if you left that vintage blue velvet YSL smoking jacket - fits me perfectly!

Lirum

Reaction score
Two things:

How do I research these or sneakers in general? I don't know anything about sneakers but they were $4 and good condition.

Second, what is "the method"? I pass on a lot of shirts I would otherwise get due to collar/pit sweat stains. Also have ~15 shirts in the basement that I'm not willing to list right now with staining.

Yorker

Reaction score
Anyone ever seen one of those giant promotional Levi's for sale? There's a pair at a local place, size 74 waist / 40 something length. ~$250

Can't find any sold listings for it. Small e, selvedge.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics