1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Went to opening day of a savers near me. First scarf I grabbed. $4.99. twas a good day that.

1 person likes this.
  2. Soselo

Soselo Member

Took some fodder in to Beacon's Closet and Buffalo Exchange (they like Wrangler up here, who knew?), did ok on sideways shirts

[​IMG]

Any help identifying the Chimala and the WWM (McNairy?)?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bang up job on the tag placement, Beacon's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bonus vintage tshirt:
    [​IMG]
    50/50 USA Jerzees

Edit: Left behind a Lemaire x UNIQLO button up (didn't see any sold results on Ebay), Gant by Michael Bastian shirt, RLPL shirt ($30 and tag punched through the very fine fabric), Florsheim Imperials (non V-Cleat, $35), Gucci Horsebits (beat, $35), possibly-Ostrich Italian Florsheims. How bad did I fuck up?

Also, anyone see the new Tom Ford movie? It's...certainly something.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    3 people like this.
  3. the2ndhandman

the2ndhandman Senior member

That makes ten mainline loro for the year.

[​IMG]

29 people like this.
  4. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Raf Simmons x Dr. Martens sandals at $30 a good kop?

2 people like this.
  5. ilikethelights

ilikethelights Senior member

Just two pickups today

Willis & Geiger
    [​IMG]

Saul Steinberg framed Galerie Maeght 1973 exhibition poster
    [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  6. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

99.999999% sure it's Cifonelli cuz Cifonelli only makes bespoke and Hermes Su Mesura, they don't even make their own RTW line. First Nervesa (top 5 most under rated manufacturers in the world without question), then Caruso, and now it's Partenopea. Cifonelli makes some of the best bespoke in the world. I say the only spots that cost more are probably Rubinacci, Caraceni, and Bijan. Bijan is by far the most although its not totally 100% bespoke, they fit you and then I believe you select your manufacturer of choice (Caruso, D'Avenza, Mabro, Isaia, Brioni, and Partenopea), but Bijan (RIP) started out at Huntsman so he wasn't just some dick head with a marketing scheme to make the most expensive shit, he put in his time. Bijan suiting has a base price of 25k. Hell their ties start at $1200. But they sorta have to charge that much, the Bijan property on Rodeo is the most expensive piece of land in the entire country. When he passed they sold it for 122 million and now just pay rent there. It costs 19k per square foot and its a double lot 2 story on Rodeo drive. (bigger than Gucci, Prada, LV, Hermes, RL, and Brooks. It's really unbelievable....but so was everything he did. Having Rolls make a limited run model of Bijan Yellow Phantom #/5, not to mention his 3 separate Bugattis. His son Nick, is about a year younger than me, he now operates the shop, as well the Bugattis, not bad for 28.

4 people like this.
  7. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

It's actually just Simons pronounced like that annoying 4 color light up game for kids.

8. Mr G from SD

Mr G from SD Senior member

Got a men's body form/mannequin at Goodwill. FINALLY! I should have bought one a few years ago. Hoping it helps my sales.
    A couple quick pics showing a J.Press tweed I found last week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  9. Selvedged

Selvedged Senior member

Yar, appologioes for the simpleton nature of my post, I was in a rush. I found this months ago and did not get to post until now & did so without elaborating. The faux hand stitch (with perfect "v" pattern on the back side) had me skeptical as well. The fabric tag seemed off a bit as the legit ones that I have seen differ in terms of wording & placement.

Just a buck so I could care less.

The kicker is that when I was at the same thrift a pair of near new (worn once or twice only) $700 Fiorentini & Baker "Endless" boots was sitting on a rack among a ton of shit shoes. Price: $5

This is when that style was still in season & available for full list at Barneys. The kicker is that this thrift was in a more run down area (whose inhabitants who would not know of, let alone be able to afford, such brands/designers) so I was baffled as to who the hell would donate such a quality pair of boots.

Needless to say they sold a week later for almost $400.

So I'll take the $1 hit gladly.

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Brentwood?

11. Kazoo

Kazoo Senior member

Found over the weekend. I would keep it but I have no idea how to rock this style.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14 people like this.
  12. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

Two things today. Not an official on-field Nolan Ryan jersey but still cool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No fucking way was I leaving this behind for $2.
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I gave you that movie poster juju didnt I?:slayer:

1 person likes this.
  14. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I'd bet on Cifonelli as well. Made in France, and did find one other tag. Realized I never posted any pics of the actual suit - will do that a bit later, along with a few other things I grabbed today.

Was reading up on the cost of said suit - starting point is around $10k; top end is about $35k. Only saw one on ebay, sold for $4k but it had a scarf lining and mine does not.

15. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

And for your next feat, cast a "Yeezy Spell"

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  16. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

The zoot suit from Saturday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And sneaked out for a bit today.

Yes, another one. Fuck is wrong with me?

[​IMG]

Vintage Cooper G-1.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another scarf party tonight!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14 people like this.
  17. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

3 people like this.
  18. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

Generally not a fan of the MacNeil's (maybe because I only ever see them in ugly pebble grain) but those are damn nice.

1 person likes this.
  19. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Senior member

These were my Small Business Saturday deal I'd been waiting on for a good while. New(ish) with a bit of shelf wear and came with bags. Made by good ol' Mr. Green.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

And now for some recent silk finds.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

That's a lot of folds.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Pretty surprised to see this at TJ Maxx
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

"$28"...lol. Anyone know who makes these?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Haven't taken a picture of a scarf in a long time. I accidentally made it look like the scarf is running away. I don't look at scarves as often as I should. This is proof of that.
    [​IMG]

No content tag, but it's soft. At least some ca$h if not 100%.
    [​IMG]

Does this label look familiar to you guys? Looks like it says "Inoizl" or something.
    [​IMG]

Oh shit, wait a second.
    [​IMG]

31 people like this.
  20. Selvedged

Selvedged Senior member

Close to there.

I have found some odd ball shit with value to it at that place.

You know when you flip a toaster (and an incomplete one at that) for $600 you are finding some crazy weird stuffs.

1 person likes this.