• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
@Nataku and other LP dudes...

Are you buying these LPs to flip or for personal collections (or both)? LPs are always abundant here, but I have never looked through them because I have no idea what to look for (in terms of flipping). Any advice/thoughts?

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Fueco run of the mill cycling jersey

Last edited:

kickstand

Reaction score
Anyone done any thrifting in Charleston, South Carolina and can give me a couple of good places to go?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wipe thise tears with a Charvet tie Nat.

:lol:

lead singer used to be a friend of mine. Sheldon! Lots of drugs and booze shared between me and that dude

Whoa, really? Haven't spun it yet. Any clues what I'm in for?

@Nataku and other LP dudes...

Are you buying these LPs to flip or for personal collections (or both)? LPs are always abundant here, but I have never looked through them because I have no idea what to look for (in terms of flipping). Any advice/thoughts?

Little bit of both. Always filling in the gaps in my collection but also grab stuff I know is desirable because someone will either want to trade or buy it.

Last edited:

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
of course, i only post true thrift. two stores and one estate sale that was.

nwt lp vest? don't recall. you mean the castorino lined one?
I could be off on who it was but I thought you found one with like a 12k Price tag on it

Last edited:

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a big one near me, indeed. But it's still pretty pricey. I've bought plenty of items, but all for personal use.

I think he means the one at Bicester, which has been known to have Purple Label and RRL at big discounts but it's really hit or miss and a couple of hours drive away. I got a Prada SC at 10% rule last time I was there though, and some Gucci shoes. We've got one of the normal outlets too, quite locally, but it's all Polo and not worth flipping.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Whoa, really? Haven't spun it yet. Any clues what I'm in for?

pretty wild stuff. Imagine hank williams on a 3 week meth and whisky bender.

sheldon is actually hank Jrs son... .(which is why he goes by hank 3) When he's playing alone with a guitar... he looks and sounds so much like his grandfather is SCARY.

*edit* when i say friend... i mean he was seeing my best friends girlfriends roommate..... so we spent some time together but its not like he was getting invited to my wedding

Last edited:

joshmick

Reaction score
pretty wild stuff. Imagine hank williams on a 3 week meth and whisky bender.

sheldon is actually hank Jrs son... .(which is why he goes by hank 3) When he's playing alone with a guitar... he looks and sounds so much like his grandfather is SCARY.

*edit* when i say friend... i mean he was seeing my best friends girlfriends roommate..... so we spent some time together but its not like he was getting invited to my wedding
straight to hell is one of my all time favorite country albums, so insanely talented.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody recognize this maker really nice recent italian made sc

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

straight to hell is one of my all time favorite country albums, so insanely talented. 

Yes!! Great album.

Hit a couple on my way home.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I could be off on who it was but I thought you found one with like a 12k Price tag on it

Yeah the cashmere castorino was expensive as hell but didnt have any price tags in it.

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
Did a trade with @SpooPoker. Here's what he sent:

WW Chan. Fits like a 42. Beautiful jacket. I wish it fit me but alas it is available.

Turnbull & Asser wool/mohair/alpaca knit, Brioni

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics