• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loosethreads

Reaction score
@SpooPoker if that Hugo Boss is not an older Caruso...then any ideas whom?

This is the label from the Thrift label guide -
LL

compared to the Hugo Boss i picked up

I mean i can see the variation but it is oh so similar.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

@SpooPoker
if that Hugo Boss is not an older Caruso...then any ideas whom? This is the label from the Thrift label guide -
LL
compared to the Hugo Boss i picked up
I mean i can see the variation but it is oh so similar. Any help is greatly appreciated.
if the guide lists that as Caruso, its wrong - thats older Boss made Boss, not Caruso. They've never used German as a listed language on the tag.

GM-H

Reaction score
R&B (XL), 1993 Pataloha (M)

Pop on the Fray

36R

Also, these were the only thing I found when I was on Long Island checking out the LuxeSwap store. They must have been keeping all the Tom Ford in the back for @SpooPoker

Last edited:

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the field, is a m-1950 overcoat/raincoat a thing at all? For $10...

Takai

Reaction score
So today I was having a bit of a day, and decided to grab some Panera for lunch. While there I decided to pop into the discount shoe store around the corner for a look, because they usually have something fun.

Wound up kopping these.

total for the pair was ~1/5 retail, which isnt too bad for self, and made me feel better.

Followed this up with a trip to a local Jeweler that my dad uses for most of my mother's jewelry and such to have them look at this:

(Which I didnt thrift) Turned out to be legit, to my delight, 14k white, and yellow gold with a mine cut diamond in the center. They said that they would probably retail it for ~100$ more than I paid for it, which made me happy. However, the intended recipient was more than happy to hear the news.

Left there, and hit the thrift around the corner, and found some pleated Brionis, Incos, and some NWT FF Bills M2 Twills, but the line was long, So I left em.

I realized I never posted my fits in the new suits I got from @Versace Guy

Pardon the Instagram

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Friday

Today's pre-boot thrift fit.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crap pictures from today. I hate when you stop by a store, find a decent amount of good stuff, hit 4 more places and find nothing at any of the other stores.

(side note: I hate you guys for getting me to mumble "kitontomfordkitontomfordkitontomfordkitontomford" as I walked into stores. Totally got caught and stared at by a mom and her kid.)

(L to R - Ferrari, RLPL, Cappelli pop!, HF Wool/Silk, VV x3)

Upside down Shipley & Halmos, Theory (S&H is medium, really wish it was a large. fits just a bit too snug and short)

This monstrosity

This thing

And then this guy. I saw it from literally 25 feet away and said "guarantee I buy that". Was confused when I flipped to the label. Had never heard of Corallorosso. Then flipped to makers tag and had an 'aha!' moment. That's Isaia, right?

Last edited:

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ they tried early on to do a cheaper version of isaia mainline. Similar to eidos now. I've sold some for just as much as mainline.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Killer Isaia SC! Love when you can spot those highend fabrics from across the store.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seriously hope to be this metal when I'm 82...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

0.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads