• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score

@turkey_sandwich are those marble on top?

Laminate. Edit: after looking online some more, I actually think they may be rosewood with a light stain.

I've done some looking around and the prices online are wildly divergent for similar models, so just trying to get a sense of whether we need to be like super careful with these.

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell much from those pics. From what I can see they look nice but probably not a super valuable piece. (Hope I'm wrong, but either way they seem nice.)

Edit: Rosewood would obviously make a difference—hard to tell with the bad lighting though.

Last edited:

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score

Hard to tell much from those pics. From what I can see they look nice but probably not a super valuable piece. (Hope I'm wrong, but either way they seem nice.)

Edit: Rosewood would obviously make a difference—hard to tell with the bad lighting though.

Thanks, man. I'll see if I can snap something in better light. Obviously it would be nice sitting on something valuable but, honestly, it would make me less nervous about using them so much if they're not $$.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Anyone care to take a shot at the first letter and last name of this artist? I'm thinking.... L. Poole? A. Poole?

Obligatory @330CK

Looks like an I to me.

I dig that painting, though.

Guys, any idea what I'm looking at here? We have a matching pair. They're Knoll and I think they're old. We got them for cheap at a junk store in Michigan a few years back and I'm wondering whether to insure them for an upcoming move. They're in very good shape with a few minor scrapes and dings but nothing major. I don't know if they're refinished. Any idea of value?

@330CK @impuntura

Edit: Tag says Knoll Associates 375 Madison Ave., New York 22

Realistically, if you sold them yourself, probably like 4-700 for the pair.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too. The use of Soviet-era propaganda art colors (red, white, yellow, black) always grab me.

You mean ketchup, mustard and black? Those colors should make you hungry.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ya I was out today. Wife had appointment the boys come next week. Funny I own about every shirt there is but I've really been loving my j crew ones lately. Only got one kiton today and one other grail besides the loro.

Lol I knew that was a J.crizzle. Have seen you a few times at #18 too
peepwall[1].gif

Stopped at a few stores after leaving the gf's place this morning, grabbed a couple things. Will share soon!

Last edited:

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only thing of note (I hope) today was this pair of Tod's.

Better, this is not so much a thrift brag as a gift brag. My sister was just in Italy, and by weird connections, met up with this guy:

You might have seen him on the webs. He owns a leather goods business called Il Bisonte. So she said, "I got you a couple of things from Mr. Bisonte's shop. You'll meet him the next time we go to Italy."

That sister of mine is pretty alright.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with 330 on price.they came in different variations.
The legs and drawer on urs are def teak not rosewood.the top could be rosewood if refinished but i dont see anybody doing that plus it came in a melamine variant.
I would put that on CL for 800 and take the first 500 that walked in the door but thats just me.i like those.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RIP Kimbo Slice.
Man what a ****** year so far.
Ali was expected but this...

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the over/under on drug OD or natural causes (used loosely)

Edit: Now I am watching his youtube videos....

Seemingly heart failure. Used steroids so anything's possible, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads