• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#consistent

My 20 year search for the perfect vintage shades ended today with these german made beauties...plus a few others.this guy had good taste.

Unstructured dual vent.mint.

Can someone explain to me why these do so well on Ebay?
I mean its a chinese made suit.

These were inside the Mint vintage Tommy.
1998 hong kong coins so in guessing thats the last time it was worn.

And...

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nothing special... panerai homage. hard to tell from the pics...but it looks like a chinese copy of an ETA.

Agreed. Most likely a Chinese copy of the 6497-1. Even if it's swiss, it is a bit funny that Panerai uses essentially a $250-400 pocket watch movement created by Unitas, what, 70 years ago.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Can someone explain to me why these do so well on Ebay?
I mean its a chinese made suit.

Hype. I just sold a Chinese cashmere SS cardigan for more than I sold a Loro Piana cotton sweater. Around 35-40% of retail.

jumpman1231

Reaction score
Big shout out to Jompso! Have my sisters wedding coming up in a month and was in need of a few suits all similar for the wedding party. He not only had the inventory to help out but was more than fair on helping out. Box showed up today and not only was the stuff primo but it also had some extra goodies! Just awesome stuff man!

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite happy with today.

Shirts: Alfred Dunhill, Zegna Couture, Charvet:

Huntsman navy shadow stripe suit. The name on the "made for" label is intriguing:

Christian Kimber suede loafers. (Kimber is/was an SF member, and his shoes are rocked by lots of the Aussie Members cadre).

Tiffany cut crystal perfume bottle, along with a bunch of other perfume and toiletries. Notably Le Labo toiletries - tres niche.

GetBlatzed

Reaction score

Love me some Haro!!! I had a Haro FST before I moved up in the world to a Sport. That and GT were my favorite BMX bikes for freestyle. I also still have my old SE Quadangle at my parents' house. For racing, I was a huge (pre-mass marketed) Mongoose fan.

I thrifted this last August. Priced at $35 at a st. Vinnie's.. I grabbed it and walked straight to the cashier. The cashier gave me 20% off because she liked my Digital Underground t-shirt. So it ended up costing me $28 :) . Sold it for over $500.

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I need to go through my parent's bike shed next time I'm there... We've got a few pre-mass production mongoose, GT something, and a couple other odds and ends. I'm still upset with them for hauling off a load of 1960-80s Vintage schwinns. To the dump.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thrifted this last August. Priced at $35 at a st. Vinnie's.. I grabbed it and walked straight to the cashier. The cashier gave me 20% off because she liked my Digital Underground t-shirt. So it ended up costing me $28
smile.gif
. Sold it for over $500.
I used to love those old bare bones Mongoose racers. They were tough and relatively lightweight for the time. In addition to the 4130 chromoly frame, they had the small downtube, alloy rims, and only a coaster brake to reduce any excess weight.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a good day, wetness keeps the crowds away in Houston

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads