1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

Thanks! They were a birthday gift from my girlfriend a couple years back. 21oz. denim is perfect for the cold out here.

3 people like this.
  2. M. Bardamu

M. Bardamu Senior member

Anyone know how to get these bloody things off?

And Happy Thanksgiving to the U.S.of A!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ I usually use an exacto to pick up the corner and rip it off quick like a bandaid.

4. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

I have quite a few pairs of Denim that weigh in at exactly 21 ounces with very little wear, My flagship 21 ounces and my ttleas SBGs are both barely worn, my redwood thights didn't wannna join......or they the literally could join probably if jumping out of a window straight down into them. the 18 ounce unsanforized onces work a littte better, but I lie me a roughly 23/24 unsaforized, weight being after the denim has finnished alll shrinking from my double Soak. Gonn pink up Flat Heads first try at larger weighted unsanforized at 20 or a 21/22 after Soak..........anyways, Im fairly positive that SBG denim is not longer made by Hiroki any longer, if your interested lemme know............Wait were you talking about the Heavyweighted Unbrandeds??

EDIT: And that answers that, thank got, top 5 worst investments in selvage possible. The 301 cut is cut as if IH made a one off bspoke pair for me, literally fit me ike I was born wit them being a second skin or some shit. Only difference is I couldn't cpp till the 301-22s-IH dropped, unlloading everything that's bee sanforized.

5. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

When does one wear 21oz denim in California?

6. RFHansen

RFHansen Senior member

A pair of Fiorentini + Baker boots. One shop, one purchase. Easy flip, easy money.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. dad2bandm

dad2bandm Senior member

Would you guys pick this Haines & Bonner up at thrift price to flip on Bay? The pattern and everything else seems like it may get interest.
    Wish another name was on the tag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

Pic of the makers tag?

9. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Tonight's easy listening. This dude had a serious knack for creepy album covers.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. dad2bandm

dad2bandm Senior member

Just Haines & Bonner...made in China.

[​IMG]

11. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

Made in China...unless pure cashmere best for personal use

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  13. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Found a Rolex today...
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  14. SpooPoker

I think I sold that same one for $125.

15. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Yeah I knew they were desirable.
    Unworn too.

16. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

Quote:I definitely need to invest in a pair of lighter weight denim for the summer. Was thinking something around 16oz. Was gonna look at Momotaro or 3Sixteen. Maybe even RRL. Just want to try something different but I'm so in love with the fit of the IH 301S. Like you said, they fit me like they are made for me so I've been loyal to the 301 fit to the point of absurdity (I have 4 pair). I wish they would make them in a lighter weight. I would never buy anything else. Edit: thanks @Double00 for the heads up on 14oz 301S. My life in the summer just got better!

Sorry for denim talk [​IMG]

17. vexco

vexco Senior member

Happy Thanksgiving guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  18. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Hope my fellow Americans have/had a good Thanksgiving.

Stopped by the new-ish outlet mall on the way home from dinner with the fam. Struck out at Brooks Brothers, Coach, J. Crew. Vineyard Vines was closed until later in the night with a line 30 deep waiting for them to open; ain't nobody got time for that.

Did manage to find this mis-marked Brioni 100% wool tie at Saks Off Fifth. All of them were marked $99.99 except this one. Asked if they had any more in back cuz I'd buy them all, but no dice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24 people like this.
  19. suited

suited Senior member

Awesome find. I get that it's been adopted for streetwear, but I would feel weird wearing something with Navy lettering on it unless I had been a sailor. YMMV (and maybe you were in the Navy).

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  20. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

I have a few repro pieces from Real McCoys, Buzz Rickson and have always opted for pieces that don't have the stenciling, but that's just because I like the cleaner look, not anything to do with the fact that I've never been in the miltary. That being said I would feel a bit squeamish about something like this though

http://www.buzzricksons.com/2nd-armored-wardaddy-1st-patt-tanker-p-255.html

that actually has rank insignia, but to wear something with a more general stencil like "Navy" or something I don't see as being a huge deal, especially with the piece Frenchy found which isn't a 100% accurate replica. To each his own though.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016