1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Disregarding your need to make a joke although you have no informtation on the situation you did it purely because you saw an opportunity, I don't give a fuck. I'll still continue trying to help you out cuz I don't care and I just wish to be civil. Dating Royal Warrents on the actual garment is not possible. They are the same stamp and words for every different UK branch that granted them this honor. Books or what the kids use now, Wikipedia, are your only options. The dates of the Royal warrents for more notable clothing lines can date as far back as mmid 19th century or even prior, so constantly changing the date would be a pain, especially if the stamps never have

2. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I make jokes because I can. If you removed the broomstick from your ass, you might be able to as well.

You think I don't have experience with uppity vegans? I live in the center of that vortex.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Oh and a small second part to the wool thing if any of you are curious to see how crazy that shit actually is. If you have an old New Era fitted you no longer wear, try it on before you go to bed so you know its exact fit, then lightly mist the exterior (exterioir, as in outsite, the wool part) sweat ring with a little hot water but evenly all the way around. In the morning you will not be able to put the hat on your head.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  4. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Never change jompso... Never change.

1 person likes this.
  5. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

What if I catch Zika while I'm asleep?

2 people like this.
  6. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Blame your neighborhood vegan and move along.

7. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Fueco, I lived in Boulder Colorado for 3 years more than you have, I am very aware of the culture of that town. People there do what they do, but they don't do it like the people here, because the people there are good honest Americans, not superficial, delusional, and self ritcheous pricks who cop to fads for attention or beacuse for whatever reason they may benefit socially or professionally. People there are honest and good, people here are self seeking and not. And maybe when you've experienced living there for as long as I did, perhaps you may be able to percieve the fact that perhaps their might be a social divide befween th enice midwestern people or the beautiful small town of Boulder, or the superficial and vain capital of the world, here. There is no bromstick in my ass, I'm just not afraid to state how I feel and a passionate person. I mean I'd pick the attributes such as strong sense of self and principles, ideas, and beliefs, and a passion to stand up for how I feel over the route most use these days, apathy and fear of everything. And how'd it get in my ass, I've never insulted you for no reason, hell the only times I've contacted you ever was in order to help you in some manner. Yet you still come after me like some 12 your type bully just lacking the bully aura of intimadation yet fully stocked in being a man who is 40 obssessed with capturing opportunities to try and insult me. I mean didn't this shit stop when we kinda grew into ourselves at one point in high school?

I mean I could have no answered, and then you wouldn't have recieved an answer. I'm sure others know it, but just as millions ties before, ur question would have been just disregarded. So I chose to help you. And stating wikipedia and nothing else would have been an option, but I didn't wanna be a dick because there are so many heritage brands that are headquartered in the UK that at some point from either the military, royal, or Judicial Branch has recieved these accomadatinos, that the only source for answers to specifics brands is having to peruse historical documents stating when and why. Such as Burberry recieved it after WW1 for supplying there gabardine coats for winter warfare, however Gieves as well as Hawkes, prior to the merger, both recieved military accomadations for dressing high ranking officers and other officials, however these were officially given in the mid 18th century. The dates span centuries and centuries, now you know that. So please, if you think being 40 and desperately trying to poke fun at someone who truly is in no way affected besides confused due to your age and your obsession, go ahead, its fucking wieird but whatever. I have no plans to every reciprocate, have a ball.

8. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Who I am? Don't worry I won't, however how I am read on here, I do wish to. I won't change who I am, however I'm read in a tone that I am never typing in for some reason and I have no clue how to make that shit stop. That's all I want to change, but no, Jompso change for no man.

9. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Then that would be the worst luck in the world. Isn't it abrely here like, barely even in Florida, the only local.....but anyways I don't understand, side effects include Head Shrinkage llike witch doctors or something?

10. timber09

timber09 Well-Known Member

Hit a new shop today - did a little digging while the kids were at school. It appears that I need to make a return trip.

9.5D - Wolverine Men's Montague 1000 Mile Chelsea Boot
    [​IMG]

9.5D - Wolverine Men's Original 1000 Mile Boot
    [​IMG]

Got them for about $12 per - there are two more identical pairs sitting at the thrift shop. I may just have to keep a pair for myself now.

7 people like this.
  11. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

GET IN YOUR CAR. DRIVE BACK RIGHT NOW IF YOUR FLIPPING. ESPECIALLY IF THEY WERE THE CLASSIC BLACKS WITH THAT LITTLE OF TREAD REMOVAL. A GOOD COBBLER CAN HAVE THOSE UPPERS LOOKING REAL NICE AFTER A LITTLE WORK. NIB ON EBAY I THINK ROUGHLY 280, YOU COULD PROBABLY GET AROUND 150 A POP WITH A SOUL IN THAT CONDITION.

1 person likes this.
  12. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Can we just all agree that Alicia still has a great ass?

11 people like this.
  13. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

nm

14. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

100%

15. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Solution:shoes and jackets made out of fish instead of cow.

16. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Same, they are terrible thrifting for resale, purely for collecting only, and I even used to be a huge sneaker head. Used ones don't have a set market, and the fact that most of the world isn't well off enough to purchase the authentics or they are merely unable too because they sell out in seconds these days, most are fakes anyway, they are losses in my book, moneys better spent on sure thinks that gambling on possible mediocrity.

17. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

My ex gf is a vegan ,thats why she's my ex girlfriend .
    Insufferable .
    Funny enough my current gf and the love of my life has a vegan catering business and we laugh at them while enjoying a good steak twice a week .

3 people like this.
  18. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

1. Yes perfect. We instead target the wildlife in the ocean instead, creatures we are unable to regulate and accurately predict population scarcity. ....Now THAT, that would leave a slight foot print.....unless it's sharks....i know their vidal to the oceans eco system, but honestly,, fuck those things.

2. That is the most 80s mom butt i've ever seen. You guys, butts have been getting perkier and rounder in the past 3 decades or so, the long, skinny, and low look no longer pays the bills. (maybe explaining this life decision).

19. timber09

timber09 Well-Known Member

The looks I get from my wife when I say stuff like "I forgot to get something at the Thrift Store" are priceless. I should be able to bottle that up and sell it on eBay as well.

1 person likes this.
  20. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

I totally understand if you do not wish to have any part, but if you have no feelings on the matter....in your opinion, what exactly made them so insufferable....besides there shitty food of course?