1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. TJGent87

TJGent87 Senior member

Been getting a little lucky the past week or so. So Here's my contribution to the finds.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    M
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fits like a 42, I wish this were gray and wool and while I'm at it my size.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Serendipity!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My Size, NA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Had to add this since he wanted his picture taken.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Fits like a 42 S
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pretty Sweet but I think I'm out of the Jcrew Phase, too slim for me. (I'm too fat really)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Found this thing hanging out, tried it on today And I really have to thank this donor that had me in mind when purchasing this suit.
    Un ajuste perfecto, para un traje perfecto.

25 people like this.
  2. Chotii

Chotii Senior member

I remember somebody here collects Smokey the Bear things. This cute salt shaker was made in Japan. Picked it up for you.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  3. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

I know... I was just making a joke about Church's name for shell. To my knowledge, Church's only makes a shell tassel loafer in cigar and #8. I believe that Cheaney makes a black shell tassel loafer.

4. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

LuxeSwap Layaway program?? Think about it.

5. va230815

va230815 Senior member

Bunch of stuff over the past couple of weeks, but heres a couple of things (more much later)

First time finding these

[​IMG]
    Wolverine 1000 mile Centennial 10 (L) and Latham 9.5 (R)

[​IMG]
    Trofeocash/cords

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Unhemmed pants

13 people like this.
  6. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

The 1985 Bears were fucking awesome! Who could forget this?

7. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

That's a nice suit right there.
    I think zegna made for Dior no?

8. leisurewear

leisurewear Senior member

e-thrift (15% of retail, NWT) came in. who did it better? i think i got pretty boy beat

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Paul & Shark Spring 2015. Leaning toward keeping it because it's sick but if you want to make me an offer I can't refuse feel free [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    14 people like this.
  9. dad2bandm

dad2bandm Senior member

Ha. No. Just a lot of same-minded Canadian co-workers outraged by President Trump.

10. va230815

va230815 Senior member

Ya it is nice, just not for me unfortunately (im nowhere near slim enough)

Not sure who makes Dior. I read somewhere that caruso at one point did but the tag looks slightly different so im not sure but is definitely different than the zegna tag

11. the2ndhandman

the2ndhandman Senior member

Ding Frontline winner. Good memory. It's made by Norcrest in Japan. I already have that set but I'll always take more. Here's what his other half looks like. [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  12. aging in rhythm

aging in rhythm Senior member

brought some clothes to crossroads and picked up some underpriced consignments

APC, NA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LVC, NA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our Legacy, 50. Available (wish this fit me, fits more like a regular L)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

recent Zegna pinstripe suit, 44. Available
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

recent Zegna charcoal suit, 44. Available
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  13. Chotii

Chotii Senior member

She wasn't there. I looked for anything that might have been a match and there were none. :( PM me so I can get him to you. :)

14. zerobid

zerobid Well-Known Member

Balenciaga leather espadrilles
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12 people like this.
  15. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. RFHansen

RFHansen Senior member

True story:

Someone told me about a certain menswear store that donated a large amount of old stock clothes to a chain of thrift stores a few months ago. We're talking a lot of very attractive Italian and British brands here, and the numbers being mentioned sounds like this had potential to be the hustle of a lifetime. I'm like, "ooookayyy.... thanks".

So, I write an email to the guy responsible for collections in my area, asking if he knows what happened to the items, and if there might be anything left. At this point I'm already vividly imagining the stylish treasures contained in the haul, and how to own this thread forever with my incredible score.

This morning I get a phone call. It's so and so from the thrift organisation. Yes, he clearly remembers the donation, and there's still some left at their central storage and sorting facility. I can hardly breathe with excitement, but I try to keep my cool phone voice. You can imagine my next question. He answers that due to their rules he cannot authorise any sales via the storage. Rules are rules. Everything is sorted and distributed among their different stores, so I just have to keep an open eye out. I can't exactly force him to overstep his mandate, so I just suck it up and tell him thanks for the call. I followed up by asking him to let me know if he hears that some of the items are on their way to stores. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Why oh why, cruel world?

Well, no reason to give up. I drive to an area that usually pays off. One store often has high-end sport coats, suits, and shoes. But their tie game is atrocious: The same twenty x-mas ties and ugly poly things with floral patterns in puke tones for the past year I've visited there.

Having learned from my last back room visit, I socially engineer myself into their on-site sorting area. I ask the nice old ladies about ties, and why they never have any in the store. "Oh, that's because people rarely buy them," they say, and pull out a huge plastic crate full of pretty decent silk ties. WTF? Hmmm... so this is where you kept the Hermés, Aquascutum, NWT Versace and Armanis (I passed on them, but still...), and the first knit tie I ever saw that has the same dimensions as a regular tie – and it's made with wool, mohair, and alpaca. Well, as you like.

The store's sales area yielded a quite nice Gant SC and a pair of mint Corneliani cords. One shop had a brand new Barbour vest for me, a couple of other stops netted a Turnbull & Asser shirt and a creased to hell linen SC from a brand called Use (the blue one).

[​IMG]

Had to get these wool ties because of the fringes. The left one is a bit too wide for my taste. But the other one might just be wearable. Perhaps.
    [​IMG]

This knit tie is a keeper. Binds a great four-in hand.
    [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  17. winny94

winny94 Senior member

Ethrift came and in, and my goodness is it nice. NWOT 80/20 cashmere/silk herringbone Zenga Couture sport coat. Best fabric I've ever come across. Only negative is the sleeve buttons got lost somewhere so now I have unfinished sleeves and no buttons. Anyone reccomend a place to pick up some matching? Or, since I'm flipping it, would it not be worth it?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  18. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Thes logos look familiar. Anyone recognize?
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Chotii

Chotii Senior member

Omega CSA:

Indicates that the product was tested and has met the certification requirement for footwear. Recommended use: For any industry where accidental contact with live electrical conductors can occur.

Workboots? Good choice, apparently.

20. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

We do layaway in the store!
    I was waiting for this to culminate in some dope drop of NWT shit... :/