• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx330

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Living in a small hippie town in the Pacific North West, I don't really get much of the amazing finds from many other places. That being said, I do sometimes come across some interesting items like this:

I never heard of "Operations" before, but upon doing some google research, I found out that it was a high-end mens label similar to Engineered Garments that went bankrupt back in 2010. It also seemed that they had a pretty good reputation according to Yelp. The blazer is almost certainly new as it came with the small factory baggie of extra buttons still attached.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Definitely Lizard. Wholecuts would be highly unusual - Lizards are not that big and getting a skin to do a whole cut would be extremely hard to find. Unless they are super tiny size?

Makes sense...but I can't see any seams.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Flip Talk: Is there any market for M65s from other countries? I have access to a handful of Croatian ones, presumably from the 90s.
I did extremely well with some Mexican camo...but that's because it's supposed to be destroyed if the service member leaves the forces. If Croatia has some similar rules, you will do well with collectors. Search ebay sold listings to see if there are any comps.

Lirum

Reaction score

colorvision

Reaction score
Barney's leather 42

Todd Snyder x champion is a legit brag imo

Chimala selvedge 32w

If your lady friend is M by 70s/80s standards, she might like this

Bevel Japan, quality optics

Ralph Lizard

Levi's capital E, 32w
fistbump.gif

The rest is NA unless you really want it

bike pump

tie

Patagonia x3, bdu's, for trip to CO, not necessarily to be worn together

Grail-ish fish poacher

Collins glass, or large shot glass depending on perspective, Baccarat France, T & co

Prada

Incotex

Haven't been posting much, trying to keep up with the thread tho. Presently I recall an interesting discussion on things that people regretted passing on. My top regret: a signed, personalized Bootsy Collins poster that I left because my name is not Tonya. I could have gotten it for

a song

Last edited:

Lirum

Reaction score

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sparse this week, thus far. Sometimes you gotta know when to hold 'em...

I'm guessing wiminz, by the shape of the sleeve? Tagged Large but it's small, even for a vintage large.

NWT Ted Baker, size 5 (basically XL) Available for cheeps (edit: not stained at all, weird pic I guess)

@Nataku or anyone who feels like chiming in..here's my M65. Tags are coming a bit loose but they are there. Worth the effort?

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She'll make a great laywer someday.)

I know. I has a proud.
I remember picking it up and saying to you, "isn't this one of those brands that the SF dudes go crazy for?"

Pretty much a direct quote. I should have known better, which is why my blank and stupid stare in response was so embarrassing.

Assume that was grailed? You can't post links to them on SF.

WTF? Really? Why not?

Gave him these Walter Newberg for Wilkes Bashford numbers too. Are these something exotic? Did I screw up by giving them away and not flipping?

Not quite the loafs Spoo had on the other day, but those are pretty sexy.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of items that have exposed seams covered in a thin strip of white cotton cloth secured with red thread :/

oh i see what you mean. bound seams.

that's definitely legit selvedge. you can follow the twill all the way through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads