1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I just got a bid at $46 on one of the ones already up. They seem to do pretty well, those the three I have now are the first ones I've come across.

1 person likes this.
  2. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

LBM mainline. VBC flannel cloth. Missing the zip out vest. 44R.
    [​IMG]

NWT BB tie, anonymous peccary gloves (8.5) on a R. Hanauer square.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    7 people like this.
  3. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

This image stresses me out

4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Why?

5. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

Just a horde of people on bikes in close proximity.

6. Letric

Letric Senior member

Post #1000 for me will be an example of a great score, investment and sale.

Was at a thrift the other day and a fresh basket rolled out with these buried under some purses. Purchased for $14.99:

[​IMG]

Took them home and stuffed em with shoe trees and clean wool socks for shape. Cleaned the soles, and conditioned the leather:

[​IMG]

Not my size, so I wasn't going to keep them. Listed them for sale early this morning:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then:

[​IMG]

Things like this really make all the legwork, time and effort worth it. Not just for the money, but the process of discovery / restoration / passing them onto the next person. I love doing this.

[​IMG]

29 people like this.
  7. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

LOL

At least they're professionals and supposedly know what they are doing! Notwithstanding the massive crashes that happen in every race... [​IMG]

8. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

That's what I'm saying. Just looks like trouble from here!

9. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Senior member

Hackett Silk/Cashmere/Cotton v neck. This is super nice and soft, N/A unless someone really wants it.
    Kitchen pics, sorry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. ClosetEvolution

ClosetEvolution Senior member

@Letric
    Excellent post Letric! I love the progression!

1 person likes this.
  11. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Those are awesome boots! Great job on cleaning them up and congrats on the sale! :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  12. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

I swear I was just going out to find a costume. Turned into a pretty good day for my wardrobe.

I don't know the brand Hiltl, but they're from the same donor as the Inco and fit me pretty well. Have to give a shoutout to @An Acute Style... I never would have bought denim trousers if I didn't see his recent fit pic.

[​IMG]

Been looking for a decent navy blazer for a while, so this BB Loro is a huge score. And I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've found BB# repp ties that actually turned out to be made by Brooks Brothers.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  13. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Dirt, You knoww me me so well. 100% Compliement, you girnd its a roughlife, but you still come day in in day out and try to be party of the community as much as you can. Your thrifts hauls are not in your ghands and not y.our fault, what you choose to do intstead,,,,,,,.said, another A&S DB bespoke coat even wiht the hanger you rthrift, in my size, and its mmediately sent to me on our way home.. I'm grabbing my CIA Go bag, thats inside a brown LV Weekender beacause Im traveling obviously,, not a peasant. .It's complete with all weapons needed for you, No secuirty,, maybe you gottaa charter it for weapons dunno.... Point being,Hve the coat ready for me get there, Cartering it back me draine ever single mile. Inever never had......

However no Fret's this quick break was for a necessary personal adjustment to the soundsdeem. (THINKING ALL NEW BANGERS FROMM BANKDS AND JUICY, PUSHA, AND TWO JO JO SONGS WOULD BE THE BEST the page I came acrosss is hands down the mores personalythink anyobody coule or ever share on the iternet ever, Yes its so goddamn Hilarious, ADFD

BUT AFTER I LISTEN THE 25 SONGSTHAT TRULY TELL ME WHO I AM AS A PERSON PERECTLY, THE 25 TOP PLAYED ON ITUNES OF COURESE. I'M PASSING THIS LIST TO WHOEVER WANTS TO HAVE A FAKE ALUGH AND JUDGEME SERVERLY IF , AT A MAN WHO SPEAKS ABOUT THE GENRE AS IF HE OR IT SSHUOULD BE RESPECTED....ITS WORSE THAN A SEX TAPE, I'TS PUBLIC POSTING WILL LITERALLY HUMILILIIATE ME FOR AS LONG AS THE INTERENET EXISTS MOST LIKELY......BUT #13 JUST RANDOM.....ITS A FUCKING FREESTYLES BY GUNPLAY, FOR 1:30S EXACGTLY........HE REPEATS HES GONNA MERC IT TWICE BEGINNNIGN BEFORE HE EOES IT, ITS THE ONLY THING AUDICAO RTHAT RHYES.

THIS TOP 25. + PERHPAS A KID OR 2 I DECIDED TO FUCKING LAY OUT BECAUSE FUCK HIM OR A WORRESE REASON...AN EMENEMY?? THIS IS MONEY.

SO YEA, YOUR GETTING MY CLOTHES, TIES, AND THE TOP 25 ROPS SONGS PLAYED BY AN INDIVIDUAL WHO THINKS OF HIMSELVES AS AN AMATUER RAP HISTORIAN MAYBE....I MAN WHO ONLY THIS IT OTHE ARIT AND TRUE TALENTS IN THE INDUSTRY ETC ETC........

DID I DRAG THIS SHOOT ON, BUT DO IT IN THE MOST FUCKING ANNNOYING PPOSING MMANER, FORHE TO 72 HOURS? YES I WAS FUCKING FRIGHTENNED OF IT.......ITS SO WORSE

POST WILL THAT BE A PERSTFORUMMTHOCIE AND PREFERECET, I, I'M BACK AT.......YOUR GUESS DONTIDENTIFY AS MUCH YOUR AR, THUS, HOW FNNY THIS ICOULD POSSBLY=E MEANS NOTHING.

I HAVE LOVED RAP AND HIP HOP SSINCE I WAS 6. I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE I WAS WHEN PACS HEART STOPPED....MY DAD LITERALLLY PURCHASED ME A MICHELY MANTLE BASEBALL CARD TO TRY AND CHEER ME UP.ING YOUR FAMIILAR

IT DIDN'T. IEVER HEARD OF BIGGIE ALTHOUGHH HE DIED ABOUT 10 MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE... WY? CUZ IF LA PLAYED BAD BOY? PAC MAY KBUR., SIMPLY BECAUSE PAC DECLARED TT SO I KNEW NONE OF INOE EAST COAST. IN LS.

Howeveyever biggie, was not Death Row, Dogg Point, the Chromnicc, Doggy Style and then Tupas 2 peics and the kiler? well he tried his best, however the sneak first single that actually was scratche dLll eyes on my, ansering all thqetions witht shooting bla bla.

14. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

[​IMG]

22 people like this.
  15. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

lol jompso you're def the kayne of this thread

4 people like this.
  16. freehand

freehand Senior member

Jompso, probably time for some sleep my friend.

1 person likes this.
  17. Shanejosephxxx

Shanejosephxxx Senior member

Afraid to post some finds. It's gonna get lost in a wall of text. Maybe tomorrow.

1 person likes this.
  18. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Oh Tonight? Tonight I slumber dont you worry about that. Fucck It, I mahy evern have an inn in out for dinner too likke ild man as well) Perhaas 12 straight, Will be ideal......

However1st, the thread gets the promises pgrail Drop that has been happenign foever, and you actually are all gonna peep my personal Record.Its Baller, heads up I am not sure if theres any Kiton at all even tought, as a little different, but dinitely For SHO......

The [ 25 gift was meant to be a joke for ever to laugh at mfor being so annoying ad taking so long with the drop, Given everyone a free ppeep, and the top who reopenlmakes top either toypes statusments.

I mean what thngs or {Possessioonts do most people vew as mirror refelctions of them as a period sn their personality? My vanity has with with clothes But truthfully me I feel hip hop.......I used to have a collection 450 albums even.....fucking Vlae stole the whole things out my drink, second worst car jack ever.......

Essentially Icliked on it, and I saw with 70 pplay s at #7 in my entire library, I156 gigs of musci #7 of all time - King Lougie - Juicjy J- "1PUshta - My HOes ""1"hey Do Drugs,"

19. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Don't give up.

#drownthemoutwithpics

1 person likes this.
  20. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I think this might be my favorite tie pattern that I've yet come across.

[​IMG]

9 people like this.