1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

UPDATE: Ebay Global Shipping STILL SUCKS! I shipped to their site and shows delivered 13 days ago. A hold put on my money for up to the next 15 days as buyer says he hasn't gotten from Ebay. I've called Ebay twice, no help.

PS- MINNESOTA GUYS - there's a Ghurka Bag at the Greedwill in Elk River....for $700!

sorry, grumpy tonight! :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Fellas I need an assist.got this painting .acrylic I think ,fairly old from the oxidation on back.the name on back is a Parisian street near Montmartre.
    Any ideas on Sig?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Maison is house, yes? Looks like title is House of Berlioz, as in, the composer. Probably his crib. Sig, dunno.

4. ldanny

ldanny Well-Known Member

Scored this leather messenger bag but I can not seem to find anything about it. Anyone have any idea who made this bag? :slayer:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

Looks like René P......

6. sashae

sashae Senior member

Just popping in after a long absence to say hey, glad to see everyone still throwing heat! I switched jobs back in March and have been basically wall-to-wall working. @TJGent87 checked in with me a couple days ago and I felt the urge to see what's been going on. Ironically, my new job which has been killing me timewise is directly above a Buffalo Exchange and around the corner from a NYC Goodwill, so the lunch thrift check-in is still a thing. Would love to say I've been killing it but... :)

Anyway, CARRY ON GENTLEMEN!

6 people like this.
  7. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

This guy looks an awful lot like the paul stuart logo

8. burgerkong

burgerkong Senior member

OK fellas, just picked up the Kiton today, I'm sure you are all dying for details (not really), but I thought I'd make good on my promise for more pics anyways. FWIW I dialed the original retailer of this particular sports jacket (Harry Rosen) and gave them the SKU because the tag was attached, just hidden away in the sleeve. Guess what? Not only did I know when it was sold (2 weeks ago at their Kiton trunk show), but that it was a special order and the $10,500 price tag is legitimate. I am waiting for confirmation from Kiton regarding composition, but I'm presuming fairly good percentage (of vi[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]cuña)[/COLOR].

[​IMG]

So yeah, without adieu here are the pics, first of the Kiton trunk show (Bloor Street store in downtown TO, scroll down: http://www.harryrosen.com/store-events):

[​IMG]

Proof I won it for $253 plus tax:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    42 people like this.
  9. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Get that shit to the Thrifties thread.

1 person likes this.
  10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

yasssss

11. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

I really hate to be the dick head but I say this every time, read the damn thread and then you wont have to ask these questions. I would say that majority of the people on here have read a shit ton of these pages. A basic ebay search shows that you probably buy a Zegna (dildo) suit. If they want too much, then dont buy...? The buddahman is 100% right

2 people like this.
  12. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

You know what that's pretty helpful actually .he died in 1863 so the painting has to be from before that I think .
    Maybe not.
    Apparently there is a Berlioz Society in France I'm gonna send them an email see what they think.
    [​IMG]

13. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Meh I paid $14.99 for my vicuna kiton.
    Just kidding.
    Btw if i recall it was 10 or 9% vicuna rest cashmere although urs might be different .

14. burgerkong

burgerkong Senior member

Honestly I can't be sure, there are a couple pieces in their FW2016 lookbook with 50/50 v[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]icuña/cashmere, 10/90 etc etc. Will be interesting to see what Kiton says.[/COLOR]

15. burgerkong

burgerkong Senior member

And BTW what is this 'Thrifties thread'? You can tell I'm somewhat new to this.

16. Fashionablemale

Fashionablemale Senior member

Just so I sound intelligent. How is Vicuna pronounced. Want to make sure I can say it correctly when I find one.

17. vexco

vexco Senior member

I don't think you're gonna have to worry about it!

3 people like this.
  18. Woofa

Woofa Senior member

It's pronounced
    M-O-N-E-Y

12 people like this.
  19. double00

double00 Senior member

i think cubism began circa 190?. i think the house was also demolished during WWI. that's a pretty narrow window and apparently that house was painted by a number of cubists, including braque etc.

if it's dirt cheap i might cop and research in depth. if i thought that it was gonna hang around for a day or two i might do a bunch of looking tonight and see if it's not a copy of somebody else's work (that happens often enough). i guess you ignore my posts lol and that's cool too $.02

1 person likes this.
  20. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

There is also a gallery, or museum, whose name escapes me but it has Orange in the name or something close to that. In France. Who have stuff like that painting and can maybe id the sig. Sorry, probably not as helpful.
    I'd say ask @330CK but hopefully he's way the hell out of town by now.

1 person likes this.