• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had to do that with a Movado, which turned out to be fake.  What sucked even more was that the store had a 2 week return policy, but by the time I got it back, it was too late (I paid a fair amount for it, but assumed I was getting a nice deal on a legit Movado).  What sucked still more is that they KNEW it was a fake and didn't mark it on the tag or tell me before I bought it - when I called to complain they said "check your receipt", which I did, and on the receipt it said "Replica"...you'd need to buy something from this store, and have the knowledge to check the receipt before leaving to see if they know it to be a fake or not.

Ouch, that's awful... Horrible that a store would knowingly do that to a customer. Luckily I'm only into this thing for $8 so however it goes I'm not out too much. Really was hoping for an answer today though...

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Now that's just rubbing it in - he could have had the decency to have bought them quickly and left!

One of the flippers I used to deal with snatched a Loro Piana (actual LP, not just the fabric) cashmere car coat from a new arrival rack. Basically right from under my nose. She then pranced around the store with the label purposely facing out as an 'FU' to anyone who knew what it was.

timhortons

Reaction score

One of the flippers I used to deal with snatched a Loro Piana (actual LP, not just the fabric) cashmere car coat from a new arrival rack. Basically right from under my nose. She then pranced around the store with the label purposely facing out as an 'FU' to anyone who knew what it was.

Take it out 'da cart when she aint lookin'

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What a wench. I hide that **** when I find it - buried under stuff in my cart or hide the label if I'm carrying it.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Ouch, that's awful... Horrible that a store would knowingly do that to a customer. Luckily I'm only into this thing for $8 so however it goes I'm not out too much. Really was hoping for an answer today though...

Theres this store called LuxeSwap too that can take care of that watch for you. Yeah, thats the ticket. :lookaround:

Last edited:

Mr G from SD

Reaction score

When you think about it, that is so stupid on her part. It's much smarter to hide it and have others never know what they missed.

If I see someone with a Loro Piana coat at a store, i'm probably going to start checking that spot more often. She was just creating more competition for herself. Idiot.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Instant BoulderMan kit...

Mammut climbing pack
La Sportiva mountaineering boots
Upslope trucker hat (my favorite local brewery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads