1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Letric

Letric Senior member

Good lord that jacket...

2. thebuddahman

thebuddahman Senior member

That's such a perfect autumn tie. Well played.

That Barbera is incredible.

1 person likes this.
  3. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

Will you ask him how he split those pants?

4. TJGent87

TJGent87 Senior member

The dilemma I mentioned yesterday was that the consignment store I picked this up at had it tagged as a sz M, which then made me consider keeping; of course once I got home I noticed that it was actually a sz 42 or 44. It's a puffer Coat, really nice pretty mint. Now the interesting thing is they priced it so low I almost shit myself when I saw it, and right next to it was some Zara coat for $90.
    This is the one conversation that made me sweat on my way home yesterday, I have picked up Row pieces before and know their glory in fact one of my goals is to thrift one that fits (eBay wouldn't bring the same pleasure) but yesterday I walked into one of my usual spots and what do I see a Henry Poole SC naturally I picked it up, the thing was $10 for some reason I left it because the lining was loose on the armpit, (didn't look through eBay completed listing since I only do that when I am really unsure.) I just had someone create a shit storm over a similar issue on the bay and so cognitive bias was at work there. Anyway hopefully @hooker4186 or another SF guy picked it up.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  5. Tony Pea

Tony Pea Well-Known Member

Looking to trade for a Seersucker Suit in 42R. Please PM if you have one in your backlog. Thanks guys!

6. thebuddahman

thebuddahman Senior member

Can't believe you left Henry Poole for $10. Do you have anyone close by who you could ask to repeatedly slap you around the face?

3 people like this.
  7. TJGent87

TJGent87 Senior member

I think so, I will have to check if they are willing. Dude this rarely happens, but when I saw the lining I just gaffed. I promise you the next time I see one I'll get it and post [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Senior member

You're a fool! But if there's a next time and it's 38/40 chest I'll buy it straight up.

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

BRUH

2 people like this.
  10. Pierson v Post

Pierson v Post Senior member

[​IMG]

11. concealed

concealed Senior member

1 person likes this.
  12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

13. classicthrifter

classicthrifter Senior member

PSA from the eBay thread. For those of you who have eBay stores you get a $25 credit each quarter to order eBay branded shipping supplies (I think the tape is the most popular one 12 rolls). Some use them some don't but FREE.

Today is the last day of the quarter, so order today... http://www.sd.ebay.com/subscriberdiscounts/viewOffer/Q3Basic?rmvSB=true

ETA: I should give credit to @GetBlatzed for reminding us on the eBay thread and @My Main Man for the direct link. I ordered them last quarter but would have forgot today...

Also fun for the MN crowd, from the why do I pick this stuff up file:

Almost vintage Best 50/50 blend Made in the USA . LOL.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  14. vexco

vexco Senior member

Anyone want this for cost + shipping?

Tagged 54R so probably a 42R or 44R. Dual vent, unlined, patch pockets. Niggle on shoulder in close-up pic is the only issue I see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  15. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Senior member

Who leaves a Henry Poole SC for $10?!

If that was 38/40 I will cry.

16. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

How does this even happen?? HOW?

What'd we learn here today, kiddos? Lessons here are that 1) quality can't be replicated, 2) most things can be fixed, and 3) some fixes are easier than others. Linings are a pretty easy fix.

17. JFST

JFST Senior member

Thanks for the heads up.

18. chasd2

chasd2 Well-Known Member

Whats this all about? Picked it up and it ended up selling for $314 with a frenzy of bidding. Did I stumble across some magical item?
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

W)Taps Shell Cordovan Boots showed up from Ebay this week, cleaned up nice. Thanks for the heads up! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15 people like this.
  20. Spruce Moose

Spruce Moose Senior member

Damn Vexco, that jacket is nice. Why dont you sell it? I'm a slim 42 or mostly a 40 in Canali or I'd be all over it