• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eskandar is womens 98% of the time. They had a Mens line but it ended in 08 and never sold in big numbers. It is coming back this fall I believe though.

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eskandar is womens 98% of the time. They had a Mens line but it ended in 08 and never sold in big numbers. It is coming back this fall I believe though.

Thank you. I"m leaning towards Men's, but all my research only turned up women's shirts. That makes sense.
Now to figure out what the Hell a size "1" men's shirt is.

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you.  I"m leaning towards Men's, but all my research only turned up women's shirts.  That makes sense.  

I highly highly doubt those are men's. Those are women's shirts.

pi34

Reaction score
Thank you. I"m leaning towards Men's, but all my research only turned up women's shirts. That makes sense.

I highly highly doubt those are men's. Those are women's shirts.

I'd assume it's a men's shirt. The buttons are on the correct side. With shirts, aren't men's shirts buttons traditionally on the right hand side and women's on the left hand side of the closure? Same with jackets. Not always the case, but generally true. I would assume a 1 is an XS or S [i.e. 36 or 38]

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd assume it's a men's shirt.  The buttons are on the correct side.  With shirts, aren't men's shirts buttons traditionally on the right hand side and women's on the left hand side of the closure?  Same with jackets.  Not always the case, but generally true.  I would assume a 1 is an XS or S [i.e. 36 or 38]

Yes, with most brands women are right over left, but not with Eskandar. They are all left over right and only sizes 0, 1, and 2. They don't follow any of the conventional rules. I've had nearly a dozen eskandar pieces, these are almost certainly womens.

ilikethelights

Reaction score
Today's lesson is when things go good, keep going. Quick label shots, all n/a for the moment while I sort out sizes and make sure I didn't miss anything

Cucinelli x3 (bottom is NWT) Isaia x2

Paul Smith (NWOT it appears) VV linen, Bergdof made in Italy

Frank & Eileen and RRL flannels

Chester Barrie DB suit

old NWT unfinished Hickey Freeman

H&M x Isabel Marant ladies tux jacket

Zegnas

Brionis

Based on the company I assume this is legit, only the one tag. Thread loop is inside. A few loose threads on back

Also, thread first? Texting with my wife who was going out to do some hunting with her friend. Went to grab a cart and on my way back saw a familiar haircut. We didn't realize we were in the same store texting each other.

Also she just texted me to tell me they found 2 Knoll chairs in someone's garbage

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
14 stores, bought one thing and i'm not even sure its any good.

Vintage Never Worn Desert Storm T-Shirt

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That RL rugby blazer up there is the best thing I've seen here in a while. Super cool find

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been living vicariously through you guys for a while during my knee-surgery recuperation. However, pain be damned, I am getting back out there tomorrow if it kills me. I should not have thrown away that prescription for Percocet.
dozingoff.gif

Chotii

Reaction score
This is from Dunhill - I grabbed it because it's Dunhill and the quality is fabulous - but I don't know what to call it. There was one from The Territory Ahead next to it, presumably from the same donor. What is this pouch sort of thing called? It's big enough for a laptop but not padded at all.

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

14 stores, bought one thing and i'm not even sure its any good. Vintage Never Worn Desert Storm T-Shirt
I also thrifted a never worn Desert Storm t-shirt a week or so ago. However, your's is decidedly more badass than mine. Mine says something about world peace or some hippe bullshit like that. The going rate when I looked for similar items on eBay seemed around $20. I knew it wasnt worth much, just wanted it.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is from Dunhill - I grabbed it because it's Dunhill and the quality is fabulous - but I don't know what to call it. There was one from The Territory Ahead next to it, presumably from the same donor. What is this pouch sort of thing called? It's big enough for a laptop but not padded at all.

portfolio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads