• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snackbandit

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with this tag? It's on a sweater.

Odradek

Reaction score
Not a bad haul this morning from a neighbourhood where I usually would never expect to find anything too good.
Spotted these ties on the rail and the quality really did pop out from all the mediocre M&S and Next ties around them.
All obviously new, and no brand labels on them, but I was intrigued by the "Hand Made in England" labels on two of them.

It was only when I spotted the Drakes logo on the purple tie that I thought I might be on to something.

Bought 7 of them, and checked when I got home. Yes the initials MD on the small labels stand for Michael Drake.

There were at least 4 more there which I didn't pick up as I thought the designs were't too good, but I think I'll head back there tomorrow.

Last edited:

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up this heavy wood panel today. Can't quite tell what it is... @330CK a little help here? LOL.
Tag on the back says: "L'Archangel Michel, No. 80, Made in Belgium.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a Nikon D5100 and use the fold out shot display panel especially with the tripod.. Cannot contort around and bend over to use the viewfinder, especially on mannequin shots. However the camera is slow to to the next shot with the fold out panel when compared to the see through view finder.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was treated to an early pamper session at the future site of LuxeSwap brick and mortar.

Gentlemen, if you have the means, you must get yourself there when it opens. It's worth the pilgrimage. Bring your wallets and guard your women.

This happened -- most found by Spoo as I chased my middle daughter, and he was kind enough to let me bring home the kill (cause that's the kind of host he is).
Sorry for the crappy pics; I busy atoning for a full day away.

Top to bottom, left to right:
BB 1818 Saxxon suit, Danielle Allessandrini wool puffer, Sawyer of Sonoma leather jacket, NWT Moschino fugly
Indochino suit, NWT Loccharon woolpacca scarf, various squares, Gant Rugger shirt
Vintage tweed double vent suit (with holes I missed, FU!), Jack Victor cashmere, handmade Adolfi kickass cashmere

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to a local thrift shop today with my wife and young child. Bit of a nightmare with him not wanting to be there, but in my short visit was able to grab a couple decent things for myself.

My wife found a few women's swimsuits new with tags from some high end labels, but she claimed them for herself. She has a swimsuit collecting problem.

I found the jacket to make my Christian Dior Le Connaisseur suit complete, no longer orphaned.

Also grabbed these Florsheim Imperial monks that I've seen for a week. A little bit beat up, but still have original heels with hardly any wear. A little TLC will do them much good.

Also grabbed this 100% cashmere jacket, labeled "Today's Man" "Made in England" with the Lanificio del Casentino cashmere woven in Italy.

And not from today, but earlier this week. Got two of these, was hoping there were more chairs or a matching table but no luck. Appear to be vintage, but it's been a while since my furniture design classes from university. For the price paid, I couldn't care less if they had a Walmart label on them, haha.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amidst all the excitement I totally forgot to post my glasses thrifts, 1 being an all time grail item for me personally, clothing and accessories included.

First are these vintage Carreras made in Austria and even though they look just like most Carreras do, apparently this model is worth a couple bucks. Also they are completely dead mint condition, not a bit of writing worn, a small scratch to the lens, a bite mark on the arm piece, or a scuff to the frame, *******. perfect...(**** I think I just found a super small teeth mark on the ear piece, goddamnit....well it's impossible to see).

These however are holy grail pieces of my thrifting career. Oliver Peoples has always been far and away my favorite glasses label (up to them selling out to Luxxotica or Saffilo or whatever). They were started in LA in the 80s, and from the jump were entirely hand crafted in Japan. There was a certain frame that I wouldn't credit them with inventing, however they are responsible for it's use and popularity since without question. That frame would by the circular framed glasses like the ones below. The ones below also happen to be very original models, tortoiseshell frames, made in Japan. These are more than merely extremely rare, valuable vintage frames, these are a piece of fashion history as well, and a ******* awesome, all time epic find for me. Most likely will be kept as a trophy. I'd wear them but I go from not creepy looking guy to someone straight from "To Catch a Predator" real quick the second these get slipped on.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I shipped 89 pounds worth of loot to myself this afternoon, and have another 70+ pounds in my two checked bags for my flight tomorrow morning. It's been fun, Bay Area!

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgot to post this find, although I'm not exactly sure on authenticity. Labeled as Givenchy. It's beat to hell, and will probably juat be used for my normal toting around. From my limited searching so far, I found a garment bag with similar markings and interior label that was sold here on SF. So possibly authentic and vintage-y? Has a "Designed in France Made exclusively for Kingport in Korea" tag in the inside. Paid $3 for it, so if it's legit or not, I'm cool with it.

Last edited:

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

My 2 cents: I have a mkii and a mkiii, and I'm getting rid of both of them, as I got a Sony A7S. Even though I can still use them as B and C cameras for video, I'm still selling them and getting another A7S. Seriously, Leicas are pretty but A7S is like the only camera out there right now for my money. Shoot in almost any light at any aperture or shutter; ISO 27,000 with almost zero noise. Best all-around camera I've ever used.
Really appreciate the feedback, but I should have mentioned I meant an M6 for film photography. The d200 is more than enough to take ebay photos with.
Picked up this heavy wood panel today. Can't quite tell what it is... @330CK a little help here? LOL. Tag on the back says: "L'Archangel Michel, No. 80, Made in Belgium.
It's an Ikon/icon painting. If it were a few hundred years old and hand painted, you'd have a **** ton of money. this one is most likely an appliqué made for a tourist type market.

Last edited:

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Forgot to post this find, although I'm not exactly sure on authenticity. Labeled as Givenchy. It's beat to hell, and will probably juat be used for my normal toting around. From my limited searching so far, I found a garment bag with similar markings and interior label that was sold here on SF. So possibly authentic and vintage-y? Has a "Designed in France Made exclusively for Kingport in Korea" tag in the inside. Paid $3 for it, so if it's legit or not, I'm cool with it.

Inside tag leads me to believe that it's most likely a licensed piece. Cool find though and most likely a good beater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads