• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just mediocre finds lately, so here's a thrift fit.

PRL Corneliani SC
Zegna by Incotex.
M. Dutti shirt.
Vineyard Vines tie.
Robert Talbott PS ( E thrift)
TBNY shoes, not thrifted.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold a Zegna tie that had the metal bar on the keeper but it was 100% silk and not a blend
I have too, I actually at one point was collecting the metal barred ties. Not every one with a metal bar is a silk/cotton blend, but every silk/cotton blend has a metal bar, newer ones at least.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks

:brick:
Well I am an idiot. I left it.

Don't worry about it. This is one of those times where 1stdibs is wayyy more than double what you could get for it. These usually sell for $25-$50 at auction.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lucky I am visiting family and I can go back see if they are there in the morning. :slayer:

Art to me is one of my favorite things that I have bought in the past. I would rather have a cool piece of art than a kiton suit any day of the week. Not sure what I was thinking by leaving it.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiton suits are works of art

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all! My name is AJ. First time poster in this style of thread, but figured I’d lurked long enough. I’ve dabbled with thrifting for personal finds in the past years, but haven’t been in a long time. Reading through this thread and others has really been entertaining and motivating; so Thank You to all of you!

Here are some pics of my findings from my first trip in years. Only hit up 3 stores, as they are spread out a bit around here.

First pic of ties: Zegna, Zegna (tagged by Joe Brand of Laredo/McCallen, Texas) and still has its price tag, Charvet with Neiman Marcus tag still attached, Ferragamo, Vuitton, Hermes, Ferragamo, Pineda Covalin, and Brooks Bros. I’m a little suspect on the authenticity of the Vuitton but I’ve found numerous online sales of similarly tagged ones that are from sellers with great feedback that back up their product with authenticity guarantees. (I know, take those with a grain of salt…)

2nd group of ties: Square Collezioni Cravatte, Faconnable x2, Christian Dior Monsieur, Daniel Milano, Giorgio Armani x2. I’m not familiar with the Square brand, anyone have insight? Seems to be pretty decent quality. Materials tag appears to be in Portuguese.
Overall I’m very happy with this haul of ties.

Scarves/Shawls: Two Ugna, Christian Dior, Emilio Pucci Fuilio (accidentally pictured the “back” side of it), Schiaparelli, Kenzie.
The Dior has some minor fraying, and none of them have any tags attached. From what I’ve gathered, some brands have tags and some don’t: any insight on how badly not having tags effects resale or collection value? I’ve seen some crazy ranges in price on Dior, Pucci, and Schiaparelli. If you’re a scarf connoisseur and don’t mind shedding some insight, I’d appreciate it.

Pants:
Boss, RL Polo, Zanieri, Zanella x4, NWT Banana Republic w/Lanificio Cerruti wool, Faconnable, RLPL, and Gianfranco Ferre. Not pictured, Armani made in USA version (Simint made), A/X x2, and a few others.
Love the RL Purple Label pants, very nicely constructed. I see a ton of Lauren, Polo, and other variations that I usually pass on, but I knew that essentially all Purple Label items are an insta kop.

Shirts:
Got too lazy to photograph them better at this point. But the gist of the haul- Bugatchi x3, Ted Baker x2, Faconnable x3, Theory x3, Pendleton x2, Eton x3 and a few others. Not all pictured in this pile.

Suits:
Christian Dior 3 piece and Ted Baker Endurance. Both in like new condition, except the Dior has a broken button on one of the sleeves. Have yet to look if there is an extra hidden away anywhere. Both of these fit me pretty well, and resale doesn’t seem great on Dior so I’ll probably be keeping it.

Another suit that I am curious about: I found an excellent condition Takashimaya suit, with a Hi-Land label in it. It also has a name in cursive monogrammed on inside of jacket, assuming this is the original client/customer’s name or perhaps the designer?
I’m not super familiar with the store or the label, but know that it is (was?) a pretty large brand in Japan. This suit does not fit me at all, it is made for a person of a much smaller stature. I can’t translate the label I found, but maybe someone on here can.
Should I keep it (read: sell it) or return to the store? I have a 7 day return period for store credit. Didn’t want to leave it and regret it, and knew that I could find something of equal store value if it’s a total failure of a purchase. If it fit me I’d just kop it for myself as I really like it, but it’s just too small.

Sports coats:
Giorgio Armani Le Collezioni 41R and John Varvatos Star 42R. Both fit me pretty decently, so probably N/A.

Shoes:
Ferragamo Rais (Studio line, but I actually really like this shoe), AE McAllister, AE Harvard, AE Kearney, AE Cameron. Not pictured but also acquired: Bally Odessa, Johnston & Murphy Tassel (unknown model at this point), and a few not worth talking about.

Still deciding what all I love and/or fits me. Then everything else goes up for grabs, via here or the feebay.

Hopefully this post wasn’t too long for a first time post in the thread. I'll search how you do the "spoiler" effect and edit the post. Thanks all!

Versace Guy

Reaction score
Top 5 ties

Hermes
Salvatore Ferragamo
Vineyard Vines
Robert Talbott 7 Fold
Zegna Quinci

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry but that Zegna on the far left, the yellow striped Ferragamo, and that Louis Vuitton are all fakes by my eye. Just a heads up if you wanted to flip em. Cheers.

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry but that Zegna on the far left, the yellow striped Ferragamo, and that Louis Vuitton are all fakes by my eye. Just a heads up if you wanted to flip em. Cheers.
No question. LV is fake as **** and that Ferragamo is pretty bad as well. Can't see the Zegna that well but can see it well enough to know they don't make any ties with that keeper or that tipping.

Fashionablemale

Reaction score
I have been lurking for a while on this thread. I have learned so much from everyone here. I am in New York this week on vacation and we wanted to do some shopping. I don't suppose anyone would be willing to share some shops we should hit for some nice thrifting? Mostly looking for clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads