1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

thats not epic or anything.

:slayer:

There is no bad Boglioli.

1 person likes this.
  2. aging in rhythm

aging in rhythm Senior member

@SpooPoker

its your size :slayer::slayer::slayer: perfect for Gene Wilder memorials or baller thanksgiving parties

1 person likes this.
  3. Tom Pepper

Tom Pepper Senior member

Any SF people in Montreal or have been there thrifting? Looks like I am going to be there sometime in October and was curious about the thrifting possibilities , if its worth it, etc. Any insight?

Thanks!

4. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

@stylexchangemtl

5. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Yep. I want it to be a butcher cover so bad, I think my eyes are playing tricks on me. Very very hard to tell, though. No obvious black "V" next to the trunk like on most others. it's very faint, probably just me wanting it to be there. :laugh:

1 person likes this.
  6. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

Two crazy pops for me. Chanel suit and yeezys. Suit is going to someone that rhymes with Poo. [​IMG]

11 people like this.
  7. mistermidwester

mistermidwester Senior member

Killer haul @Nataku !

Other than a huge stash of vintage jazz or psych rock, that's basically my dream haul for LPs. Someday...

8. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

That would be so awesome if it is tho. Never known anyone who found one. Fingers and toes and eyes crossed!

9. jumpman1231

jumpman1231 Senior member

Spoo they are a 10.5 d

10. Oscarm58

Oscarm58 Well-Known Member

Tie game strong

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15 people like this.
  11. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Whoa...... Is that Marinella wool too?...Is this one stop haul over over a few?

12. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

Hate following killer stuff like that, but at least for me it was one stop, two pops:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wool/mohair, very well made, but looks like it was tailored afterwards which makes no sense unless I'm the 3rd owner.
    Then for good measure:
    [​IMG]
    What were we calling this? A North Dakota Tuxedo? It's a 3 piece too. Did not kop, but I'm going to bet it'll still be there tomorrow, and the next day, etc...
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  13. Oscarm58

Oscarm58 Well-Known Member

The Marinella was a separate stop, not wool though.

These I got the day before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  14. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

Random but does anyone here know anything about Playboy magazines? Specifically, differentiating a newsstand copy from a subscription copy or back issue copy?

15. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

I know how to read the articles.

3 people like this.
  16. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

@Nataku. Thrifted? Those look to be in pretty good shape!

17. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Well played sir.... I wish people in this city wore ties....I get all the ones I can but 3 Vacca 7s, 2 new Riccis and 2 recent ones, 3 Drakes, a Marinella etc...? That's nuts.....and the day before two dope Battistonis? Tie game is strong my friend.

18. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

They would print 3 separate copies of the same issue, one for subscribers, one for newstands, and then one as the back issue release for people ordering older copies? That seems like a ton of money needlessly spent. Are you curious if this is true or you know this to be fact and are curious as to what the differences are? Because if that's true, that's the dumbest budget usage ever. I understand including extras inside a sealed plastic bag for subscribers, but different copies is a fucking waste.

19. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

I ordered every back issue of every magazine Biggie was ever on the cover of and they all seemed fairly standard.....actually nevermind, I took to ebay to get the gem mint original copies of each one, I never ordered from magazines, so many were outta print. My two faves...
    [​IMG]
    Metaphors for days
    [​IMG]

Come to think of it....I have just about every copy of The Source from like 1992 to 2000 in storage somewhere .... the things I would spend money on....

3 people like this.
  20. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

I'm fairly certain newsstands versions and subscriber versions of a lot of magazines are different from each other (not covers usually, but other more subtle stuff like back covers and advertisements) and as far as back issues and how they field that, I have no idea.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016