• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pillows came. Best 30 bucks spent prolly all year.
inlove.gif
Those pillows would be way more impressive if they weren't surrounded by EVERYTHINGELSEINTHISPICTUREHOLYSHIT.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there anyone else that prefers non-silk ties? I'm a sucker for wool, cashmere, and blend ties.

I love cashmere and my collection has been steadily growing.

14 here along with my 4 favorite RL vintage Madders, my Drakes for Luxeswap and my 3 Cremieux grenadines.
Will be 15 in a few days, I just won a light blue LP cashmere for Net jets on its way as we speak.

Last edited:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know everyone's value (ie less expensive) brands, the ones that don't garner a lot of attention but are well constructed and come in nice prints.

So far for me, that would be:

Italo Ferreti
RT BOC or Estate (I actually don't really like most of the 7 folds I've come across from RT)
PRL
Paul Frederick
Charles Tyrwhitt
I like the RT Chelsea ties I've found and there are untold italian light prints out there that I've collected. I also enjoy the vibrancy of the Lanvin and Faberge prints, though I've never kept any of them.
Kept tons of Ferragamos, but that's because I have a young daughter that likes seeing me in a hedgehog (or similar) tie.

Is there anyone else that prefers non-silk ties? I'm a sucker for wool, cashmere, and blend ties.
I like cashmere just for the... different-ness of it. Like gettin' some tie strange, as opposed to Thai strange, which may be fatal.

The quick hits that keep me addicted:

Wasn't going to pass up at $3.99. Nothing in that store was 3.99, don't know what was going on there, probably swooped in on a sweetheart deal before the pricers friend could come by.
Isokinetics ball chair, plus someone in the office has been wanting one.

div25sec9

Reaction score

I like cashmere just for the... different-ness of it.  Like gettin' some tie strange, as opposed to Thai strange, which may be fatal.

I like the contrast in texture as well as the way the light plays off of them as opposed to the fine silks.

I don't have the wide variety of experience with the top tier brands, but my favorite ties are a Massimo Bizzochi, a cashmere blend from Zegna, a linen Alexander Olch, and an alpaca blend tie from Etro.

I'm still kicking myself for auctioning some Zegna Couture ties...I find they are usually some nice blends with some good substance to them.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the contrast in texture as well as the way the light plays off of them as opposed to the fine silks.

I don't have the wide variety of experience with the top tier brands, but my favorite ties are a Massimo Bizzochi, a cashmere blend from Zegna, a linen Alexander Olch, and an alpaca blend tie from Etro.

I'm still kicking myself for auctioning some Zegna Couture ties...I find they are usually some nice blends with some good substance to them.
If you like Zegna ties and want some substance (assuming this means you want thickness and heft) I'd actually recommend their newer 80/20 Silk/Cotton blends. They're thick, plenty of heft, big knot, and dimple nicely as well. Just fyi.. And you can tell if they are this blend because the keepers for them actually have a gold or silver metal bar with Ermenegildo Zegna engraved in it, they may be limited runs not sure.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you like Zegna ties and want some substance (assuming this means you want thickness and heft) I'd actually recommend their newer 80/20 Silk/Cotton blends. They're thick, plenty of heft, big knot, and dimple nicely as well. Just fyi.. And you can tell if they are this blend because the keepers for them actually have a gold or silver metal bar with Ermenegildo Zegna engraved in it, they may be limited runs not sure.

I sold a Zegna tie that had the metal bar on the keeper but it was 100% silk and not a blend

Amercs

Reaction score

Does Edward Green make for someone in New York? Any help would be awesome.
Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Takai

Reaction score

Does Edward Green make for someone in New York? Any help would be awesome.
Thanks guys!
Looks like C&J nail pattern you got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads