1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Quindicci? Nwt in box too? Jesus Maria....

1 person likes this.
  2. tweedydon

tweedydon Senior member

I'll try to get some tomorrow! It's possible that this was a prop; I've found several Martin Greenfield pieces before, and I know that he produced clothing for the show. The tailoring on this is excellent, too, and it feels like cashmere. No overly wide lapels, though!

2 people like this.
  3. dad2bandm

dad2bandm Senior member

Stumbled across another Robert Graham. Will be going to the 'Bay. I find the XL and higher do the best for me.

[​IMG]

Found these Ray Ban reading glasses. Figured I would take a chance on them and see what I get. They are just China ones...not Italy. Anything in particular I should look for for flipping? I thought the frame pattern would make them desirable.

[​IMG]

Personal items I'm keeping. Actually found an Eton shirt in my size. A nice blue gingham style.

[​IMG]

Was thrilled to find this. Totally what I wear in cooler weather. Looks to be legit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

My contribution today lol

I pick up every pair in my size .
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  5. vexco

vexco Senior member

Yeah, the show had some great costume design. It's probably custom made whether by MG or another random maker. You could attempt to match up the jacket by googling "boardwalk empire al capone". Maybe you'll have some luck!

6. double00

double00 Senior member

i've seen em where the shark is smiling lol, the fakes are really quaint.

i've found the construction of the knits is superb. the one that i found (nwt!) used an unusual hide for the accents, it was bison maybe? can't remember now...

7. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

Damn Spoo, Silverbandit, and AHS are killing it!!! I am going to take @eazye 's advice... I quilt!

5 people like this.
  8. vexco

vexco Senior member

Some random stuff from the past couple of days. Had very little free time due to house hunting.

3 x Kent Wang polos. All size L. Pop for me. Found 5 all together but gave @Fashionablemale 2 of them as he was at the same store as I was.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VV party shirt for kids! Size 4T.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 NWT VV ties.

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  9. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

My mom quilts. Usually miniature / doll size but has done full human size. Seems like a fun hobby. We need more men quilters. More power to you.

4 people like this.
  10. leisurewear

leisurewear Senior member

Not sure what's feels worse anymore, reuniting orphans at a thrift store only to find pee stains or being 3rd in line for a 8000 sqft luxury estate sale filled to the brim only to find out the owner was the biggest cole haan and steven madden fan to ever live. First two items are the cool things from that sale this morning and the rest were thrifted afterward. Besides the two pictured I took home a BB factory store wool/cash coat and a southern tide gingham shirt.

Saw this as I entered the house. Anonymous but it spoke to me.
    [​IMG]

Only real value item - Michele CSX Diamond Chronograph watch. Domed chrystal. Too bad no profit as it has been claimed by my wife...
    [​IMG]

Found this sucker today. Super sweet Jcrew Triple Patch Pokcet Blackwatch Tartan from 2000. Too bad it's too big (tagged L, measures to a 44R), would love to add this to my wardrobe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pop on Ludlow silk/linen. Great looking unstructured jacket with patch pockets. Only thing is one button...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Will spoiler the rest of the fodder as to not take up space. A lot of volume today but not too much quality =/
    BB Blue Brown Windowpane Suit 44L
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BB Beige Plaid 38S
    [​IMG]

Two almost identical BB cotton jackets from different stores and different sizes. One 46L (made in USA) on 39R (Phillipines)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jcrew chord, unstructured. M (measures to a 42R)
    [​IMG]

Hickey Freeman Gray Plaid wool/silk blend 42R.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. vexco

vexco Senior member

I consider volume days to be great days.

3 people like this.
  12. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

TBNY? I guess I need to read up on that company, I thought they were new and just made in Italy.

14. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

Very cool find, can't wait to see pics! Really liked that show.

15. mainy

mainy Senior member

TFW somebody pulls 5 kiton cashmere jackets from stores you hit up every _single_ day :foo: :foo: :fu: :rotflmao: BRB going to buy a reverse lottery ticket

5 people like this.
  16. Wrong Crowd

Wrong Crowd Senior member

Hi everyone, I've read several hundred pages of posts so I finally feel ready to start posting with some of my own recent finds and dumb questions. Excuse the sucky pictures I took with my sucky camera.

Allen Edmonds patent leather plain toe oxfords:
    [​IMG]
    What model are these? I have found several other pairs of Allen Edmonds and they all have the model name right under where it says Allen Edmonds. Google is not helpful. Are these fake? The picture doesn't really show their quality but they seem well-made.

Here's a couple of Zegna ties I found today:

[​IMG]

I also picked up a couple Robert Talbott Best of Class and Brooks Brothers. I also picked up two ties I had questions about:

[​IMG]

Should I have left either of these?

Also, a nice little find on my way out the door: on top of a stack of frying pans was one that somebody didn't bother to clean all of the eggs out of before giving it to Goodwill...

[​IMG]

Surprised something like this could have stayed there long enough for me to find it, I thought this brand had good name recognition.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  17. Rewfio

Rewfio Senior member

Can I join the Polo Coat Posse with this?
    [​IMG]

BTW...what is this? Lol yacht jacket/coat?

18. mainy

mainy Senior member

Fireman's coat

1 person likes this.
  19. vexco

vexco Senior member

Looks like a fireman coat.

1 person likes this.
  20. vexco

vexco Senior member

Welcome. The AE's aren't fake. I had a similar pair of patent leathers that were bought at retail.

I believe yours are these: https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-Kendall-Oxford-Patent/dp/B000H18TXW?ie=UTF8&tag=vglnk-c2405-20

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016