• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Really funny that Kos popped up when it did.

Everyone should watch the Grammys tonight and keep an eye out for this guy, Michael League, the bandleader of Snarky Puppy. I was at a show last year after their first Grammy nomination (which they won) and he said it was his first time ever having to buy a suit and he never to have to do that again. So after they were nominated this year, I reached out and offered to design him one. And here we are.

biggrin.gif
nice unique look. dig it.

Been MIA for the past several days. Been out of town without internet access. One of the things I had to do was arrange to have these shipped back home to Minnesota. Not thrifted, but can't beat free (well, for the cost of shipping home).

@330CK , congrats! Wow! That's a killer jacket, too.

Deetz!!!!!!!!!!!! for FREE????!!!!!!! might be lost on some, but if that 'ray is a good one? that could be this years thrifty winner.
and a ******* Norton???!!! Yeeeeeezus. what color was the Kiton you sacrificed to the Thrift???
would daily the *** bike, Honda?

also, welcome to the "Free/Thrifted Car Club"
One of the cooler finds lately:

Bet you a bottle of whiskey Koala-T would rock these out so hard.......

HUGEHUGE
Congratulations to 330ck for the thread first: first thread member to design a jacket to embrace a Grammy
worship.gif

Right??

Best day on the thread for a long time to come.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
- imma raise my drink, and toast to the awesome people, doing awesome things, from our humble thread.
cheers.gif

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nataku brodeetz on the free 'vette!

futuremyth

Reaction score
there's generally a good choice of music autobiographies in charity shops here - any recommendations?

Not all autobios but here are some good music-related reads I've pulled at thrifts.

Loretta Lynn - Coal Miner's Daughter
Motley Crue - The Dirt
Levon Helm - This Wheel's On Fire
Henry Rollins - Get In The Van
Anthony Kiedis - Scar Tissue
Robert Scotto - Moondog, The Viking of 6th Avenue

I'm not a Crue or a Chili Peppers fan but I figured I'd give them a read because they've at least led interesting lives, and I enjoyed both a lot (especially The Dirt).

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Life" by Keith Richards was a really good read too.

freehand

Reaction score

Not all autobios but here are some good music-related reads I've pulled at thrifts. 

Loretta Lynn - Coal Miner's Daughter
Motley Crue - The Dirt
Levon Helm - This Wheel's On Fire
Henry Rollins - Get In The Van
Anthony Kiedis - Scar Tissue
Robert Scotto - Moondog, The Viking of 6th Avenue

I'm not a Crue or a Chili Peppers fan but I figured I'd give them a read because they've at least led interesting lives, and I enjoyed both a lot (especially The Dirt).

"Life" by Keith Richards was a really good read too.

Cool, I've read the Crue, Keith Richards and Chili Peppers but not the others. For any fans of English/Irish 80s stuff I can thoroughly recommend Julian Cope's and Bill Drummond's autobiographies and A Drink With Shane MacGowan. All very entertaining and enlightening.

Also, found some stuff in thrifts today, pics to follow.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
j.m. westons that fit!

Could you by chance post some additional pictures? I recently picked up a pair of Charvet shoes and with nothing online regarding pedigree it has been suggested they may have been made by Weston. Specifically the underneath and the side wall where the details are listed? Thanks, I appreciate it.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fodder.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any recommendations for free photo editing programs? The one that came with my computer sucks ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads