1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Haha, it's doing that because his hands are in his pocket. FF does that too!

2. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Senior member

Other than "it's currently in style" though, why should anyone pick pleats instead of flat front in that outfit? I do not visit any other parts of this forum and I wear the same pair of jeans 6 days a week. I'm just curious.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

so after that ralph lauren mega haul the other day, i went back to the house to see if there were any leftovers that I could grab. Well, it seems they also brought in more stuff. This woman was if the the biggest, one of the biggest RL clients in New York - at least Long Island. So the guy said he would hook me up because i got a lot of stuff the other day and I picked out about 500 pieces of Purple Label, Black Label, or Polo. No filler, no Ralph line, no RLX, no Lauren line. Only premium stuff. thats the picture you see in the room with my haul on the rolling racks. A good 60-65% of it is NWT too.

He tallied me up and gave me an awesome price and I agreed. Now, I had left about 750 similar pieces besides these because they were just kind of boring next to the prints, fabrics and vintages I had in my initial pick. But he says to me "Want to make me an offer for the rest of the house?" I say "Not really, I'm good". He says - take the rest of the house for $500 and call it a day. WHAT?! 75 cents an item? You got it brother. So I went and gathered another 750 pieces. I cant even guess the retail price on all this shit. Probably at least $750,000. A handful of jackets I had all had price tags of $2,000 or more. This is in addition to the stuff I got on Friday which had to be easy 40-50 grand at retail.

So net net for a 2 day haul I got (these are guesses, theres no way I could piece count today) the following - 99.5% ALL Ralph Lauren purple or black label and Polo vintage, with the exception of some Rugby :

200 jackets
    100 outerwear including leathers, suedes, duffels and toggles, military etc
    300 pants
    100 sweaters
    50 dresses and gowns
    150 blouses/tops
    like 10 shoes, all exotic crocs, lizard, etc
    30-40 belts, including an INSANE hammered silver mexican carved leather concho RL and another sick carved leather one without silver (and lol at the fringed belt that she got from Lindas stuff :lol:)
    10 pairs of shoes
    30 scarves including a ridiculous bugle bead embroidered evening shawl NWT and probably $3K or $3.5K
    assorted jewelry, mostly sterling silver, including a 1980 tiffany sterling bracelet
    2 pillows
    a few books

and the cool non-RL stuff which was like 10 pieces lol. A vintage 1980s the cure "boys don't cry" t shirt, a 1987 David Bowie tour T Shirt, vintage champion made in USA sweater, a pair of fucked up vintage Levis (small E but very cool), two pairs of Louboutins, vintage Oakley frog skins, and more that Im forgetting now.

BUT

the most amazing piece of this haul was balled up like a piece of crap next to the hot water heater. Its a (Very) vintage Ari embroidered Ralph Lauren carpet/rug. I have no idea what this thing is worth but its a goddamn masterpiece. its all hand embroidered in india and is probably 6x8. I took it immediately to get it cleaned and need to do some research on it, but I have a feeling this thing would pay for a good chunk of the whole haul.

My haul on friday was $21/item, today with over 1000 pieces, my take was $4 an item. FOUR FUCKING DOLLARS EACH. I cant even.

So needless to say, if any of you need a gift for your girl and she's a 2/4/6, i got you haha.

Heres some pics below, no way to do singles but trust me, its all primo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    50 people like this.
  4. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

You want your front to look like you shit yourself.go for it.

5. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

:worship2:

2 people like this.
  6. ridethecliche

Dude, if you're wearing a jacket, you never see the pleats. I think it looks contrived on khaki's though, so... yeah.

7. ridethecliche

And holy shit spoo.

Sloppy seconds paid off!

2 people like this.
  8. AlexJ1100

AlexJ1100 Senior member

A lot better than people bickering about pleats and threatening legal action.

You're welcome

8 people like this.
  9. ilikethelights

ilikethelights Senior member

I'm against pleats 95% of the time at least but didn't you guys have a fit over someone calling tassel loafers ugly not very long ago? Same thing

2 people like this.
  10. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

Damnit spoo you are making me regret getting a 9-5

2 people like this.
  11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

3 people like this.
  12. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Nutso. Probably best single haul in the history of the thread.

4 people like this.
  13. ridethecliche

Well, I've been staring at charts all day that I thought I was going crazy when I saw your avatar start moving.

WOO GLORIFIED MED STUDENT RESEARCH.

14. double00

double00 Senior member

lol fwiw i just picked up a pair of running shoes at NR. deals to be had, no doubt. nothing wrong with a little psa, especially if there's eyewash involved.

and also fwiw pleats are just another perfectly legitimate tailoring solution. i like ff fine, but i think that lower rise ff is a little overdone and comes off as somewhat immature. i like a natural waist and pleats is one way to get there. i also tend to agree that for standup fabrics, chinos etc pleats don't really work. to each their own.

1 person likes this.
  15. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

Wow spoo, good thing you have a crew to help shovel that haul into the bay. That's going to pay for the women's section wing you have to build onto the store now.
    Congrats, couldn't have happened to a better hustler.

4 people like this.
  16. SpooPoker

they were gone when I got back to the store with it and i didnt tell them yet. I'm expecting at least one resignation tomorrow lol

5 people like this.
  17. Rewfio

Rewfio Senior member

@SpooPoker
    So you're hiring? Lol

That haul is bananas man....

1 person likes this.
  18. Pierson v Post

Pierson v Post Senior member

Is that a Linda's Stuff tag on the last belt before the shoes? (spoo' s haul). Lol

2 people like this.
  19. winny94

winny94 Senior member

Anyone have pics of pleats that look good? Not sure I can believe it.

20. eazye

eazye Senior member