• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Whilst we are talking about thrift manners and etiquette, who here feels it's bad karma to not pick up something that falls on the floor as your flicking through the racks?

I get this compulsion to pick it up even though I think "just leave it and keep going". As if bad stuff will happen if I don't hang it back up. It's normally trousers on clip hangers that pull this **** on me. Thankfully my conscience doesn't extend to putting back items of various sizes in the wrong sections. I'm a bad boy.

oh. my. god. i thought i was the only one!!!!! Never leave things a mess or you won't find ****!! :fistbump:

Nothing wrong with befriending the employees at the thrifts. If they try to show you stuff that they might think you like, then all the better.
There are different versions of this. Putting aside a whole rack of clothing to look through before everyone else is pretty nice, and as long as the employees are doing this without any outside incentive or compensation, they are just doing their job of selling clothes. However the good items will end up on the "botique" rack once management comes to the forefront and the fun will be over!

Im friends with all the employees at the stores I frequent - but they have no idea what the good stuff is, and Id rather them keep it that way. Let them think the good stuff is a North Face. Its never bad to have an ally in the store for when you need it - extra discount coupon you may not have, tips about when they get deliveries, etc.

Expect a PM from Spoo in 3.....2......1......

(PS - Belated shout out to Spoo for a fantastic trade. I've been wearing the hell out of that Orlebar Brown shirt.)

hahahaha i just PM'd him

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh. my. god. i thought i was the only one!!!!! Never leave things a mess or you won't find ****!!
fistbump.gif

I generally leave thrift stores cleaner and more organized than when I found them. Sometimes I'll even reunite orphans of stuff I'm not going to buy (if it's like super obvious) just because I know the guy who ends up buying it will look better if he's got both.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also bought a fake Hermes today. Didn't register it was fake til I had already bought it, oh well, only $1.

Everything available, per usual

Alden 2160 shells. 13D. #8 color.

Rest of the fodder. 2 x ST polos, ST tee, Patagonia long-sleeve label tee, Polo Sport and Paul & Shark tees. Southern Tide keychain as well.

Some ties.

Marmot full zip fleece(S), Patagonia fleece vest? @Fueco what is this exactly?

Martin & Osa moon tweed, Canali dual vent, Sammy silk, Southwick cash

jumpman1231

Reaction score
"Brilliant, and if that's the caliber of people who inhabit Littleton, I will minimize my time spent there..."

I spent 3rd-7th grade there and never had issues. Actually found people quite friendly. Not to mention over the holidays I stopped by there on the way to and from my staying with family and found women's Kiton jacket, a few newer boss and hickey suits, polo corn jacket, 2 100% loro cash sc and that's what I remember off the top of my head from a quick drive by. So I'd say that don't let one person ruin it for you. Ha that being said if I frequented Littelton often id likely recommend you avoid it like the plague and everyone is a jerk all the time
1f609.png
1f4aa.png

Takai

Reaction score
Question for the Cooks, and Chefs here; Im looking at picking up a custom, or "Custom" Paring knife. Main trio of knives I find myself using these days are a very vintage(50s/60s era) Chicago Cutlery Slicer, a Henckel Twin four star II Santoku, and a Twin four star II Pairing knife. Gradually I am going to attempt to replace these with much nicer versions from various places. I was looking at kopping a Carter Muteki Paring/petty, and I keep trying to talk myself out of it, but really havent seen anything that draws me quite as much.

tl:dr- Anyone have any suggestions on great paring/petty knives for ~150-300 shipped range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads