• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My bad, still learning what that is, for it to be salvage does it have to have red stitching?

All good, dude! Selvedge will look like this:

Doesn't have to be red. The seams are very distinct, though.

danne888

Reaction score
So im thinking about buying a pair of Crockett and Jones shoes in shell cordovan second hand, they are a bit pricy and kind of beat up. What do you guys think, will i be able to fix them up or are they screwed?

Oscarm58

Reaction score
Some shirts- Kiton, Paul & Shark, NWT VV, minty Filson

Steven Alan Inside Out

Oxford 3 Button Houndstooth

Ties

I know this brand may be frowned upon in this establishment but vintage silk Countess Mara with some awesome buttons

va230815

Reaction score
Ran into a sketchy guy at a thrift.....dropped $140 like it was nothing (after i went through it)...goes by the name Spoopoker. I dunno about that guy

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love these old PRL sweaters.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Recent finds...

Not sure why the picture is so terrible. Jacket from Regent. Regent would be the German equivalent of Oxxford.

This dreamboat is 100% silk and also Regent. Size 50, available.

Since pick stitching is often mentioned and we talk about misidentifying machine work for hand stitching, I thought I'd include a closeup of this jacket. This is done by hand. You can see how it's a bit uneven and it doesn't stand out.

Regent wool/mohair suit

Spring/Easter ties

Peccary gloves (N/A)

Crazy Etro jeans

I've never found real money, only coins. I grabbed a pair of pants to shoot and bam, found that in the pocket!

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went from never have even seen a Hermes tie to maybe two in one day? I have my doubt about this one as there was no other label but again construction seems good.

What do you guys think? If it's real I think I'll get a lottery ticket haha or at least play Roll up the Rim

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Nataku and other audiophiles

In the field and can get a Niles GXR2 multi zone receiver with Sirius for $25z ebay is all over the place. Looks to be in good condition, but I haven't powered it up and coulsn't test it if I did. Ehat do y'all think?

I'd do that in a heartbeat. I found one of those several years ago and sold it for like $400.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/th...ount-store-bragging-thread/38865#post_5522377

4 years later, surprised to see those photos are still up.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In the field and can get a Niles GXR2 multi zone receiver with Sirius for $25z ebay is all over the place. Looks to be in good condition, but I haven't powered it up and coulsn't test it if I did. Ehat do y'all think?
Thanks to @Koala-T and Nat, I know a. what store to avoid after work today because it's already cleaned out, and b. not to skip obscure Nils hardware. They must have repriced that too, was way, way more than $25 when I saw it + I assumed Sonos had made multi-zone receivers obsolete.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd do that in a heartbeat. I found one of those several years ago and sold it for like $400.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/th...ount-store-bragging-thread/38865#post_5522377

4 years later, surprised to see those photos are still up.
Thanks, but I missed a 1 in front of the 25. So they actually wanted 125. Could still be worth it I guess, but a lot of risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads