• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

freehand

Reaction score

The sleeves are a bit shorter defiantly. I'm going to get my new Paul Smith trousers hemmed in this weekend, so I'll take the jacket in to get lengthened.

I can move comfortably in it and it hugs the body the way it should. Here's a ****** pic of the back, it's not perfect, but it has a nice curve.

It's not bad for a old blazer.

Edit: that looks awesome, eazy. Very nice!

Cover your ass: http://mostexerent.tumblr.com/post/11058463975/cover-your-ass-there-is-a-common-misconception

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Edit: definitely coming from someone envious that you can feel confident in DB's
It took me a good while to feel that way. But again, it's all about comfort. If you feel comfortable in what you're wearing, you will be comfortable and feel confident. I believe that moving away from slimmer fitting garments helped in that.
That look is a good throwback to the "golden age of hollywood" look of the 30's and 40's. You pull it off well.
Thank you!

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had worse lunch stops. N&L is minty

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would love to have this if, you're, not...going to ever find a use for it...
shog%5B1%5D.gif
haha N/A as it will be hopping to the front of my rotation, but i've got you in mind for some future deals. If anyone is unaware, @Bahljs an excellent trading partner

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha N/A as it will be hopping to the front of my rotation, but i've got you in mind for some future deals. If anyone is unaware, @Bahljs an excellent trading partner
inlove.gif
tis the season. Thanks man!

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
asdfghjkl epic double pop deets later kiddos

Pretty sure this is my best lunch thrift ever

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What makes you say that? There's hardly any pulling at all on the button, and there's almost always some on DBs. Chest looks okay, no bowing. Shoulders look fine. Again, the arms are short, and maybe the length is a bit short, but I can see that working on a young guy in decent shape. Were it me, I'd get the sleeves lengthened, though.
It's definitely too short, both in terms of jacket length and sleeve length. From here it looks like a straight jacket. I mean, can you move comfortably in it?
Yea, but it's a static robo-pose. The pic makes it look lie he couldn't even sit down in that thing. Maybe it's just my personal preference of moving away from overly slim garments in the last year or so. IDK.

Purplelabel, if you like it and feel comfortable in it, work it. I'm just going by a picture on the internet.
nod[1].gif

Edit: On second thought, I think it's just the length that's throwing the proportions off.

I dunno, look at that button closure and the fabric around it Koala, that's the DB blazer equivalent to the dreaded X that form at the center button on single breasted blazers. The proportions are off, it does seem like it can been worn as is in a more trendy fashion type of way, I guess..but eazy, your original reaction is what I'm agreeing with. It looks like you have no room to breathe and if you move your arms the shoulders are gonna burst ad the seams.

@eazye 's picture = look at the shoulders, stop perfectly symetrical with his free hanging arm, and if he were to lean against a wall the jackets shoulder and his arm would meet together and hit evenly.

PL picture= Your shoulders are hitting that wall and that seam isn't comin very close to it. If your going for the fast fashion/trendier look then that may very well be your intent and if so then go for it, I'm all for people having their own personal sense of style and what they feel expresses them the best, however in a classic sense, that jacket is too small...In My Opinion of course..

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After @SpooPoker called me "nuts" for leaving Limited Ed. Skeets behinds, I went back for them. Well, no good deed goes unpunished. They were originally $29.99. She had 15 Skeets but only 5 of them were Ltd Ed. She said that if I bought the five, I could have them for $25 each. Awesome... but... She then tells me that she has some new ties that she wants me to look at. Salivating, I eagerly agree. I am praying for a sartorial buffet of dildos, Kiton, etc.etc. She then proceeds to lay out an ass load of new JAB Signature Gold ties.
ffffuuuu.gif
There was 50 of them. She tells me to make her an offer. I figured the shirts were $25 plus tax. So, I pulled out $200 and told her it was all that I had (so, I lied...) Unfortunately, she accepted my offer. Oh well... at $1.50 each, they count as decent fodder. I will not complain.
I was also pleasantly surprised that 3 of the Ltd Ed Skeets were 100% silk. Here is one of them:

And, of course, the damn ties (increased backlog... **sigh**)

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too small?
I'm still learning the art of classic menswear, but if you're a size 38 chest, you wear a 38, no? Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not sure I follow it being a fashion forward choice.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too small?
I'm still learning the art of classic menswear, but if you're a size 38 chest, you wear a 38, no? Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not sure I follow it being a fashion forward choice.

I don't think it looks bad. Try to find a size 40 and compare. As long as it's comfortable on you and you don't think there's any restrictions in your movement and **** then *******, rock that ****.

white collar

Reaction score
Too small?
I would rock that look. As a size 38 myself I do think the sleeves are a tad short, I always wear a french cuff shirt when the sleeves are short so I can show off something from my cuff-link collection. It's a modern look and you pull it off well, classically it may be to tight, but slim fit is a great look for us slim young guys
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just for ***** and grins, here's one I posted last year. Everything is a little bit longer and looser. Again, that's just personal preference, though I can attest that this coat is very comfortable and easy to wear.

Based on your posts, writing style, areas of expertise, etc. this is not at all how I had pictured you.

It's a GREAT look! I wish I could wear something like that. But, if wear anything double breasted I look like a former NFL player who is a little past his prime.

Looks very elegant and reminds me of Prince Charles who is the best dressed Monarch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads