• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm genuinely surprised about the NATO love in here. People actually want NATOs on Omega gold dress watches?! Baffles my mind.

Agree. Thick auto dive watches look good with NATOs. Thinner watches like that need a leather band.

Oscarm58

Reaction score
Most people aren't dicks about that... Greed sux.

That's cool. I wasn't trying to start anything. I'm down in Bama once or twice a year to visit the in-laws and Roll with the Tide in Tuscaloosa. Maybe you can direct me to some spots.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...whos also a *****.
In before NeedMachine roast...no pun intended.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like a military-style watch, even a small one, or like a Timex on a Nato strap. But that's still rugged – a dressy face and lugs need a dressy strap, IMHO.

It's raining Brioni ties around here. I also found a Hickey suit – I guess it was like a slimmer, hipper Hickey Freeman line? But it fits. And it's shatnez-free, so if I convert I'm set.

I'm really bragging about the trunk, which was a gift from my lady friend: complete with stickers for a voyage from Ridgewood, NJ to Cuba in 1952.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's cool. I wasn't trying to start anything. I'm down in Bama once or twice a year to visit the in-laws and Roll with the Tide in Tuscaloosa. Maybe you can direct me to some spots.
Hell, Birmingham is just a minor thrifting city. But, I will be happy to give you the guided tour of all that it has to offer.

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I found this Zanetti jacket today, made in Italy, super 100's, Adolfo Trabaldo. The silver buttons are fairly heavy, but I don't see any markings on them. Anyone know anything about this oddball thing? Worth more than the $5 it cost me? I'd never wear something like this, just though it looked different and thought I'd grab it.

Last edited:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree it all comes down to personal tastes.I used to detest shark mesh bands now I love em.
Leather bands turn me off because they can get a bit funky in summer with our humidity.
Nato you just throw in machine and its like new.not to mention matching different colors with outfits.but anyway....

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You all may remember that I thrift women's jeans to send to my thrifting friend in a poorer economy so she can sell them.

A few weeks ago, she sent this pic, mid thrift in store somewhere in Appalachia. Asking about the leather jacket in the front.

I said, "Pass on that, but what about that one with the beaver fur collar?"

She has sold it twice, but had nonpaying buyers both times. Due to her present situation, (her husband lost his job last week and they are flat broke with 2 kids) she has offered it to me pretty cheap, so I was thinking I may buy it at her offer to resell and then send her the money from any profits. But I wanted to see if anyone here was interested in it, before I do that. If it doesn't work out, you can return it to me so she would be able to keep her money. This is the coat.

Last edited:

GetBlatzed

Reaction score
@nataku did lightning strike twice?

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

She has sold it twice, but had nonpaying buyers both times. Due to her present situation, (her husband lost his job last week and they are flat broke with 2 kids) she has offered it to me pretty cheap, so I was thinking I may buy it at her offer to resell and then send her the money from any profits. But I wanted to see if anyone here was interested in it, before I do that. This is the coat.
This........is amazing....

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You all may remember that I thrift women's jeans to send to my thrifting friend in a poorer economy so she can sell them.

A few weeks ago, she sent this pic, mid thrift in store somewhere in Appalachia. Asking about the leather jacket in the front.

I said, "Pass on that, but what about that one with the beaver fur collar?"

She has sold it twice, but had nonpaying buyers both times. Due to her present situation, (her husband lost his job last week and they are flat broke with 2 kids) she has offered it to me pretty cheap, so I was thinking I may buy it at her offer to resell and then send her the money from any profits. But I wanted to see if anyone here was interested in it, before I do that. This is the coat.

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
All available :slayer:

size 31 waxed Dior Homme denim. ("hemmed" AKA cut with scissors to 32 inseam)

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Size S Band of Outsiders

YSL Rive Gauche Size 38 blazer. Hard to photograph but the fabric has a little color shifting quality

Polo Silk/Cotton pants with side adjusters, 33/32

Black Label striped pants, 34

RRL Dad jeans, 32/32

Hickey Freeman LTD grey flannel NWT, size 37

Jack Spade crewneck sweatshirt, M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads