1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. timhortons

timhortons Well-Known Member

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec cursus vulputate ultrices. Aenean vitae neque ante. Vestibulum arcu nulla, egestas eu odio vitae, vulputate semper nulla. Ut venenatis laoreet tincidunt. Sed mollis, ipsum ut sagittis elementum, turpis odio imperdiet lorem, nec hendrerit lacus elit eu est. Phasellus feugiat molestie eros, ac congue arcu mattis sed. Aenean vitae felis urna. Phasellus facilisis nisl pretium facilisis ultricies. In eu laoreet dolor. Donec maximus laoreet dolor nec fringilla. Quisque tempus neque vel pharetra efficitur. Donec dignissim sodales tristique. Praesent vel est venenatis, rhoncus nisi non, aliquam tellus. Sed pellentesque nunc vel dui scelerisque commodo. Vivamus laoreet in ex at volutpat.
    Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Donec ultrices dolor nec eros ultricies tincidunt in nec nibh. Morbi commodo felis est, eget luctus tellus porta sit amet. Aliquam ac massa sed turpis sagittis bibendum. Nunc feugiat ante sem, in dapibus mi laoreet vitae. Nam luctus neque ac mauris posuere, in aliquet ex interdum. Donec non cursus libero.
    Praesent quis gravida leo, eget ullamcorper urna. Quisque sit amet erat sit amet enim facilisis lobortis id non tellus. Quisque consequat ut risus non blandit. Praesent id sapien leo. Morbi imperdiet euismod orci vitae gravida. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Sed iaculis ipsum ut tortor blandit, a consequat dui ultricies. Cras dapibus lacinia lacus, sit amet accumsan odio eleifend vel.
    Sed convallis tristique pulvinar. Donec dictum ex odio, id aliquet mauris gravida sit amet. Donec bibendum sagittis eros, ut rhoncus orci. Praesent ultricies leo sit amet accumsan vulputate. Proin dolor est, condimentum quis cursus a, elementum ut dui. Duis consectetur accumsan purus, id iaculis magna ornare quis. Ut lacinia ut lectus vel egestas. Sed dictum ex porttitor erat imperdiet venenatis. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae;
    Donec malesuada turpis tellus, semper interdum nulla varius et. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Maecenas fringilla, sem sit amet congue volutpat, risus justo tincidunt diam, nec tempor lacus massa ac felis. Sed eget nulla sit amet ligula eleifend tristique id ac urna. Proin fermentum euismod porta. Integer sit amet ipsum nec dui pellentesque feugiat eu nec libero. Etiam a sem velit. Cras finibus, metus eu feugiat imperdiet, arcu magna blandit nisl, eget tempus ipsum purus vitae diam. Etiam vulputate placerat finibus. Aliquam erat volutpat. Nam dignissim leo facilisis, hendrerit est non, rhoncus velit. Aenean laoreet quam eu dui mattis, non iaculis dolor molestie. Cras ultricies est posuere sollicitudin varius. Vivamus quis erat sed elit rutrum euismod. Fusce vehicula fringilla mi eget vulputate. Mauris volutpat enim ut lorem consectetur aliquet.

[​IMG]
    Oh I wish......

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    9 people like this.
  2. Letric

Letric Well-Known Member

The hell?

2 people like this.
  3. impuntura

impuntura Well-Known Member

WTF is happening!!!!
    SF is Jompsoing (TM)

1 person likes this.
  4. classicthrifter

classicthrifter Well-Known Member

I thought you two were all done and made up. That only last a few days or what? I don't see why stuff is starting to stir up again... Jompso types. Big woop.

MOAR pics.

@timhortons
    @Fueco

What's up guys?

1 person likes this.
  5. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Well-Known Member

Guys. Guise, guiiiize!
    Brian was one of us, one of the best of us. I enjoyed his posting as "the other drunky" he had such humor.
    Let his passing be a reminder that we ARE here for eachother. As a member, you guys have helped me through my own struggles, always been a welcome place to hang out. And producing a majority of people whom i consider "best friends".

Members you know, pm them, call them, let them know you appreciate them. If they are having a hard time? Lend an ear, reassure them. Be there in their times of need.
    It makes me weep in real time that we as a group were unable to help him manage his demons. And that it could have been any one of you?. It scares me.

I love and appreciate you guys and girls. And don't ever forget it. I will be there for you in times of stress, or heartache. Just a pm away.

The struggles are real. Stay strong.
    Your boy, Vader.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    10 people like this.
  6. impuntura

Exactly...whats up with that jibberish.
    Yeah we made up but im supposed to forget and ignore that episode he had last month (second one btw).
    So since theres a lot of nonsense being written I coined it.get over it.

Edit.plus he's being kind of a dick to GetBlatzed

2 people like this.
  7. impuntura

@Thriftvader where's Barrelntrigger.

2 people like this.
  8. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Well-Known Member

He's coming back, as am i. :satisfied:

4 people like this.
  9. drlivingston

drlivingston Well-Known Member

10. tben

tben Well-Known Member

The first item I thrifted was a rec league t shirt. Thought it was so trendy.
    One of those ten minute days. I guess that means I'm not one of the boys anymore [​IMG].

Prada Shirt
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kamakura
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ralph Lauren Black Label Velvet Pants
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Incotex Flannel
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

APC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    EZ Su Misura
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

x2 RLPL by Chester Barrie Suits, first one custom
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  11. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

When people make up, they usually let the past be the past, move on, and don't bring it back up to insult the people they have supposedly trying to be cordial with publically. Or then proceed to then use that persons name to fake trademark a phrase that is in reference to weird shit occurring.

And lastly, what was between me and him was between me and him, and for your information, me being a dick? No, I instead offered to purchased a bunch of worthless items from him site unseen straight up because personally I would like to have them. I told would make them worth something to him although they are not worth anything. And the post your referencing, was me informing his lack of nee to make an effort in posting pics of all of the suits here because it was unnecessary if he wanted to sell it because it was just a waste of his time and would be of mine also having to look for the stuff....

But what we discussed is obviously no interest to you and you have absolutely no intentions on making an effort, being an adult, acting mature, and simply keeping my fucking name out of your goddamn mouth.

You notice that I never ever ever say your name? Of course you do its rhetorical. It's because you don't matter t me. Nothing about you or your entire existence means anything to me in anyway. So I simply accept the shit about you as facts, know all the bullshit with you and don't care let a lone feel a need to make posts about it. It never crosses my mind. Because you don't cross my mind. But do you want to continue this shit like you have been? I want you to honestly answer the questions, do you?

Now after your response about my mental state, my medication, baseless accusations, and some insults that are either completely ridiculous or just simply make no sense, answer the question.

Do you trully want to continue this shit like you have been?

12. carreragt7

carreragt7 Well-Known Member

Levi's Big E type 3 jacket. Sadly not denim, so I'm assuming not as coveted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is this more of the Polo types I'm looking for?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a nice vintage (60s?) Nike windbreaker as well. Haven't been finding much current stuff but the vintage game has been decent...

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  13. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

Since the thread is going off the rails again, I'll just say that I got a 2012 PRL Olympic ribbon belt at Marshall's today. PPAAAAAHHHHPPPP! It might be made in China, but at least it's 100% silk (unlike this year's model).

And IT MIGHT NOT BE VICUÑA, but I got a circa 1968, pre-Moon landing National Geographic book about the space program WITH LOTS OF PRETTY PICTURES! I probably would not have bought this, but I just watched The Right Stuff on Netflix, so I'm going through a bit of a phase.

7 people like this.
  14. jumpman1231

jumpman1231 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed thrifting in high school for ridiculous outfits for events.... Sorry for the bad thrift fit pics... Had to steal off Facebook.

This was a group outing where we went to the store and the other one picked out the others clothes for them. Then we went to the dc Mormon temple visitors center.
    [​IMG]

Then of course went thrifting for a 70s dance as well....
    [​IMG]

Always good times remembering those fun carefree days ha!

5 people like this.
  15. OolongT

OolongT Well-Known Member

I thrifted some ties!

[​IMG]
    Ferragamo, RT Carmel, Talbott Bond St., Valentino, Canali, Talbott Bond St.

[​IMG]
    RT Carmel, Talbott Bond St., RT BOC, Sevenfold, RT Carmel, NWT Stefano Ricci

EDIT - And these two 1987 shirts kick ASS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16 people like this.
  16. Jompso

Jompso Well-Known Member

The fuck dude? You?? I messaged you before I had any clue who you were just because I possessed a brand new coat I bought that retail and wanted to send it to you becuase I thought you would like it. Regardless of the sincereity, simply engaging just makes you the same. Meanwhile I still receive 80% of this thread's PMs not asking but expecting shit from me like thats my roll and me, disregarding pubcliy shared feelings in the mater, respond and help cuz I like helping people, pure and simple. Hate or not, the opinions of those here do not effect the aspects of my life that have importance, but all I've done here is contribute and take shit. If you cant handle someone who just speaks honesty and shoots straight then grow up jesus christ. And the percentage who simply don't understand all of this either, where this shit comes from and why etc...I mean there mere number and percentage of PMs regarding that and from so many, it just makes this whole thing so much more goddamn fucking weird.......But you bro?

Edit: Disregard the aforementioned message of confusion and all else........ Who I am, got me to where I am, I'm not fucking changing, block me and don't PM me anymore (Obvioiusly disregarding all of you who know who you are) No I don't have that shit, am willig to selll, that shit, cant find that, don't know how to thrift that shit or much at all. I also dont know shit about anything so your questions are better asked elsewhere, probably to those who know the answers, the really busy ones who don't have time for your shit. I'll just post hauls and lurk, a true contributor.

17. OolongT

OolongT Well-Known Member

Definitely not going to be that old. If that tag is on a windbreaker I'd guess early 80s

1 person likes this.
  18. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Well-Known Member

That's so rad. Also, harder than it looks, right? You think you can find anything you want at a thrift because we go so much, then you try to find something THIS specific that fits you and it's frustrating! Love the JC Penney catalog pose on the guys in front in the first pic.

So many items that I'm resisting the PM button on this page... That BOSTON tour tee is so great. Flannel Incotex...

1 person likes this.
  19. carreragt7

carreragt7 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it looks like it's 70s/80s. I'll take some pics of the whole thing later. I haven't even tried it on, but if it fits I'll be keeping it. :) After getting back into thrifting and seeing what is hot right now I realize I need to go pillage the house I grew up in. We had tons of stuff that is popular right now.

20. rhz5001

rhz5001 Well-Known Member

Did you take this strategy from 8 mile?

2 people like this.