• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where's the Kiton suit?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Love the fabric on this HF. I've never really felt any wool like it, especially not in an overcoat.

Imagine my dismay, when I discovered this is the lining to a probably pretty awesome coat. At least it has the button links so its still wearable as it's intended separate function.

Last edited:

COtoKS

Reaction score

Women's

Meh brand but minty

I thought this was NWOT with the extra buttons attached to the collar label when I bought it, but noticed some bleach-like staining on the back while photographing
angry.gif

Alden shells with spongy soles unfortunately

This thing is pristine

Silk / wool for the big dudes

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imagine my dismay, when I discovered this is the lining to a probably pretty awesome coat. At least it has the button links so its still wearable as it's intended separate function.

wait whut? that's a lining? do you have a link that shows how that works? i've been sitting on something similar (without the link buttons) and i'd love to finally resolve this.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wait whut? that's a lining? do you have a link that shows how that works? i've been sitting on something similar (without the link buttons) and i'd love to finally resolve this.
Yeah, a wool lining, for inside a trench coat. It would button all the way around the interior of the coat shell using buttons fixed to the inside of the shell. Then there are also tiny hidden button holes around where the collar is attached to button it in there too. Then the collar flap would sit out side on top of the trench collar. But on this one the links were included so the lining could be worn separately as well.

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry to beat this to death but I'm just a little surprised to see sleeves on a trench liner.

but are those buttons original ferragamo or did somebody aftermarket those? and where can i get a set - i've looked and i've been frankly stumped

Last edited:

Bon Vivant Life

Reaction score
Hello, noob here to posting, hope I get it right. Started thrifting in Dec 2015, mostly just ties, and then more things in the spring. Came across the site and this thread beginning of this year, and am blown away by the collective knowledge of everyone here, and everyone's willingness to share that knowledge. I feel like I am back in school, have been on one big cram session the last month. I have read this thread completely, and am 3/4 ways through Part 1. Thanks to each and everyone who has posted, I feel like I went from a 3rd grade thrifting education to middle school level, and look forward to continuing journey. Plus, my friends will like me better because now I have a place to share the thrill of the find, which they just don't understand. Here are a few things I have thrifted the last few weeks, probably 25% but I haven't gotten around to taking pics yet. Apologies in advance for poor quality, still working on my camera skills.

A first for me on these.

Orvis Harris Tweed, 42L

J Press Harris Tweed, 43R

PRL Navy Blue Cord, 44R, fits closer to a 42R, NWT

PRL SC, 39R, can someone tell me if this is made by Canali or Corneliani, their tags look similar to my noob eye

Alexander McQueen, Eur 50, Lambswool & Mohair, orphan?

Brioni Cashmere, 41R

Part 2 coming up.....

Last edited:

Bon Vivant Life

Reaction score
Well apparently I screwed up the spoiler part........are you supposed to put pics in box that pops up? I looked for a thread that showed how to post properly, but could not find one that made sense.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, either put pics in box or highlight them and then select spoiler. gold stars for good intention and nice haul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads