• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Late to the game on this one, but here's another label "knock-off". Not exact, but pretty dang close.

Penfield, I'm disappointed in you. :(

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nataku , did you really just post something and ignore the follow-up details with the Oxxford vicuna???

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Koala: unless it's just the camera angle, those trou fit you very well-- better than most I've seen you wear. They give you the right proportions. That's what you should aim for. Indeed, the proportions of the outfit generally appear in harmony and pleasing and you're really beginning to dial in your fit. Kudos.

Just one mans humble opinion.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Nataku
, did you really just post something and ignore the follow-up details with the Oxxford vicuna???

:hide:

This one is going to be tough. Pretty sure the guy knows what he has. It's a full suit. Mad Men style, probably from the 60's but in excellent shape. Jacket has triple patch pockets. I think it was a 42. First time I felt Vicuna and man....the stuff feels like nothing else.

You guys will be the first to know if he decides to part with it.

Last edited:

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:hide:

This one is going to be tough. Pretty sure the guy knows what he has. It's a full suit. Mad Men style, probably from the 60's but in excellent shape. Jacket has triple patch pockets. I think it was a 42. First time I felt Vicuna and man....the stuff feels like nothing else.

You guys will be the first to know if he decides to part with it.
Your telling me you've NEVER found vicuna?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never petted the cuna... now I'm super curious. Imma have to find some and take that Pepsi challenge.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Koala: unless it's just the camera angle, those trou fit you very well-- better than most I've seen you wear. They give you the right proportions. That's what you should aim for. Indeed, the proportions of the outfit generally appear in harmony and pleasing and you're really beginning to dial in your fit. Kudos.

Just one mans humble opinion.
Thanks! The fit is pretty good on all the pieces, but I've also figured out the right way to stand when getting my picture taken. Took a while, but this angle works pretty well. Even so, I've dialed in the measurements that work best for me pretty well, and learned to do the alterations that can turn a decent fit into a pretty darn good fit in most cases.

I appreciate the feedback a great deal!

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nope. Been at this for 15 years and never even seen it in person, let alone found it in a thrift. You'd think being in Minnesota, this would be one of the more likely places to find it.
Curious what it would have cost in the 60's. Probably not that much than cashmere then as it wasn't so heavily regulated.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
As a mini dachs owner myself you are about to make some very good memories.
I've owned several breeds this is the smallest but also the one with the biggest heart.

Last edited:

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nope. Been at this for 15 years and never even seen it in person, let alone found it in a thrift. You'd think being in Minnesota, this would be one of the more likely places to find it.

Finding vicuña was surreal for me. I was in one of chicagos gigantic pile of crap thrift stores going down the coat rack and spotted it ahead of me. First thing I did was fondle it. Fondled it hard. I didn't actually believe it was vicuña because what are the chances, right? But it was! Slight bummer that it was a women's coat in the men's section but who cares.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haaaaa that was august.
Interesting article on the goodwill scandal unfolding here.
Turns out that the CEO instead of running the place out of HQ chose to do it out of a nearby storage facility.hmmmmm I wonder what could be at that facility.I wonder how many valuables were scooped up.
And now it turns out they also wiped the website of all financial reports and details.this is gonna be messy....

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/01/21/goodwill-board-close-of-shop-and-run

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics