1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Found the same pair a few years ago. So many awesome details, but didn't look like they did too hot on the bay, so I kept em.

2. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

More vicuna...

[​IMG]

10 people like this.
  3. winny94

winny94 Senior member

Found an LBM 1911corduroy sportcoat, it has some unknown stain on the chest. What's the best way to clean it? It is 100% cotton

4. carreragt7

carreragt7 Senior member

More (crappy) pics of the LP blazer. Currently NA (have had a ton of people PMing me about trading/buying it).

It fits me beautifully but I'm pretty sure it's probably the most flippable item I've found recently, so it'll probably end up on feebay.

Any LP aficionados able to lend a hand on figuring out more about what I've got? I'm usually pretty capable of finding any information I'm looking for, but I'm coming up pretty empty-handed on this particular setup. Similar LP Blazers range from $2k-18k (based on fabric and if handmade) but I can't find any in this particular flavor of Pecora Nera. It is definitely unworn and even has the nice bag of buttons and thread to go along with it.

First time trying to do a spoiler...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also I think one of the pics shows a pile of part of my pocket square haul: over 20 from Ashear, Nieman Marcus, Austin Reed, etc., most all of which are tagged Italy with a few English stragglers.

Been lazy on taking pics but also found a few EZ shirts (one si misura that I didn't spot some collar deterioration on), Minty Eton in staple white, few skeet of RG and Bugatchi, Haupt, Kuhl, among others. Here are a couple pics of the other LP fabrics and an orphan Gieves...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know, I need to invest in a real camera. Some of y'alls presentation abilities are amazing. Mine, are not.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    7 people like this.
  5. the2ndhandman

the2ndhandman Senior member

@carreragt7

Similar LP Blazers range from $2k-18k based on fabric and if handmade but I can't find any in this particular flavor of Pecora Nera.

Pecora nera is a new Zealand black wool sheep. They use it primarily for the natural color of there wool. I believe it's loro own flock. I have a the overcoat version of it but mine seems just a little lighter in color. Retail was $4250. So I would imagine it's in the 2500 or less range if it's just wool. Just from what I know others may know more.

1 person likes this.
  6. carreragt7

carreragt7 Senior member

@the2ndhandman

Yeah, I figure it's on the low end of that spectrum, but it's astounding how little I can find on pricing on PN. I've found a lot of articles about the origin of the wool and how LP has the exclusive right's to it, but that's about it. Thanks for the insight though, always appreciated!

I am really impressed by how soft to the touch it is, I guess that's why it intrigued LP enough to market it. Not having to worry about the dyes/chemicals so much is definitely a nice thing in this case.

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Happy with my one stop.

16 people like this.
  8. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I think the last time I wore size 32 dress pants was 7th grade. Had to go.

9. winny94

winny94 Senior member

Tag

10. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

Browsing Alden listings before dinner and came across this:

[​IMG]

RESPECT.

6 people like this.
  11. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

vinuna. jesus. that thing could flip for 3x my car.

just allen edmonds, but i really get enjoyment out of working good condition nice stuff. looking forward to the day i can work lobbs and eg.

[​IMG]

12. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Took me a while to realize there were beer cans in the shoes haha

1 person likes this.
  13. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

Yep.. the only time that a Busch can be a tree at the same time.

12 people like this.
  14. OolongT

OolongT Senior member

Lots of Brioni today.

[​IMG]

This,however, is not one of them:
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  15. winny94

winny94 Senior member

Found my 2nd LBM in about as many weeks, which is awesome for my little area. Unfortunately (fortunately?) this one doesnt fit me, so it goes on the selling/trading block (im trying to set-up a turn table - my first, so very interested in a table, speakers, or amp...or cash to buyt those items haha) So if you're a 44 and like unstructured jackets, please contact me or checkout the buy/sell/trade thread.
    Patch pocket, silk/linen, great textures and fantastic condition. Sleeves have been shorted, but not to t-rex length - surgeon cuffs have been closed, but due to the texture, you cant make out the scars - very well done job
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  16. acebigdawg

acebigdawg Member

Never seen this Bijan tag before. Fake or am I missing something? Alpaca with solid construction.
    [​IMG]

17. the2ndhandman

the2ndhandman Senior member

Tag looks real but he didn't open his boutique till 1976 and if I'm reading that tag right it's dated 1973 wich is the year he came to the us so that throws it off a little. Was he making clothes prior to his store?

18. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

19. Rewfio

Rewfio Senior member

Tommy Hilfiger th athletic
    [​IMG]

Richel tie and Coogi style Massimo Bizzochi tie
    [​IMG]

Nwot Current spring/summer 2016 Fuct x Adrian Boot shirts
    [​IMG]

APC merino wool sweater
    [​IMG]

Crispy 1/4 zip Pendleton Wool sweater
    [​IMG]

Patagonia R1 full zip
    [​IMG]

Pink plaid shirt Medium
    [​IMG]

Kuhl man size 43
    [​IMG]

CP Shades Regina linen tunic XS
    [​IMG]

Robert Graham M and RLPL S
    [​IMG]

Masatomo tagged XX cotton/silk
    [​IMG]
    Vtg? Swingster mi USA poly/cotton Large
    [​IMG]

@SpooPoker :hide:
    Nwt Keith Haring NY junk food for Urban Outfitters. vintage softness tagged Medium
    [​IMG]

Now it gets a bit more interesting...
    Nwot DICKIES x Bedwin and the Heartbreakers standard defacto
    [​IMG]

Acne Jean's tagged 33x34 I think
    [​IMG]

Nwot Dickies Iron and Resin
    [​IMG]

BEAMS Japan khakis
    [​IMG]

LOUIS VUITTON uniformes (employees uniform) idk if you can see the monogram logo all over it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nwt Armani Collezioni
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LEVI'S LVC 501 selvedge
    [​IMG]

LEVI'S LVC 505 -0217 pre-thrashed, sewn and patched up for your convenience, selvedge
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this last pair, almost left it cuz I couldn't make out the tiny first words..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Today is my first day trying to list stuff (mediocre set up at work for pictures,measuring on the kitchen table and slow Internet in a house of 5, plus a dog lol). I have more respect for all you guys who do this. If anyone has tips I'm all ears haha ( yes, I am reading the ebay thread on the daily lol). Thanks for the knowledge you all have shared! :slayer:

8 people like this.
  20. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Its real. Made by D'Avenza. And ColorLow is right, the Norma etc… 1973 is just a mark that Italian makers used to be required to put on a composition tag, like we do with dry cleaning instructions etc. in the US.

Last edited: May 23, 2016