• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Recent e-thrift I am pretty excited about.

Found some Sassetti shoes a week ago....very nice

Last edited:

winny94

Reaction score
PSA for anyone who: wears Brooks Brothers, size M/L traditional/original fit, and needs a quick (relatively) inexpensive closet overhaul.

26 shirt package in a variety of colors and patterns I can proxy/trade (to a certain extent). My spot check showed most or all in minty condition fresh from the cleaners. Just let me know before 9AM central time tomorrow otherwise they'll probably be gone.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may be new, but even I can tell a fake Hermes as bad as this:

This is the one tie I actually did snag though:

Are these anything? Trying to improve on my last tweed/blazer find... Are these less dated-looking, realizing I wanted a tweed style jacket/look.

I think I prefer the Harry Rosen/Samuelsohn (1st pic) as it fits much better as is. 2nd pic is Hugo Boss Lambswool.

Snagged these. Kind of rough looking as nobody took care of the leather but they fit me perfectly and I think I can work on the leather conditioning.

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PSA for anyone who: wears Brooks Brothers, size M/L traditional/original fit, and needs a quick (relatively) inexpensive closet overhaul.

26 shirt package in a variety of colors and patterns I can proxy/trade (to a certain extent). My spot check showed most or all in minty condition fresh from the cleaners. Just let me know before 9AM central time tomorrow otherwise they'll probably be gone.

I'm interested in that lot. PM on the way...

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay so here it is.how many would have walked by this lamp.I did.
Super rare.made in italy.they continued making them after Paf Studios stopped for about half the price but the ones everyody wants are the italian made ones.1stdibs has them up for $1k i paid $4.99
They have no switch you simply swipe your hand over the base to turn on off or even dim.amazing lamp.

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not knowing a lot about lighting, I wouldn't have touched that with a 10 foot pole. But you're a 6 foot Pole who knows his lighting. Hahaha!

On the subject, I had a couple lamps like 10 years ago I bought from DWR and would love to find them again. They were red triangular bases (but also made in black and white base I believe), with white shades, and the maker was a guy's name, not a company name...the original tag had a picture of the dude. Anyone have any clue as to who this was? I've been wracking my brain and Googling but no luck.

EDIT: Miraculously, I took a pic in 2006 and somehow still have it - look familiar to anyone?

EDIT 2: came to me this morning - George Kovacs (P050 60 Degree lamp)...now the hunt begins.

Last edited:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Six foot pole....dude im crying over here.so layered

Last edited:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not knowing a lot about lighting, I wouldn't have touched that with a 10 foot pole. But you're a 6 foot Pole who knows his lighting. Hahaha! On the subject, I had a couple lamps like 10 years ago I bought from DWR and would love to find them again. They were red triangular bases (but also made in black and white base I believe), with white shades, and the maker was a guy's name, not a company name...the original tag had a picture of the dude. Anyone have any clue as to who this was? I've been wracking my brain and Googling but no luck. EDIT: Miraculously, I took a pic in 2006 and somehow still have it - look familiar to anyone?
Email them

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the PAF! I used to have a similar FA Porsche lamp. Dope find man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads