• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beams are ok. Beams + is good. 45rpm is good any day. 

[

For awhile I was getting a lot of 45rpm and not all the different labels did well. 45rpm has a lot of different sub brands that aren't all still around. R by 45rpm and umii 908 are awesome, but north marine drive only had occasional good pieces. I think there were a couple others. If it's indigo dyed or discharge dyed it's usually awesome no matter the line.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is $100 too much to spend on a Gucci sport coat/blazer? I'm a little reluctant to spend that much money on a single piece at a GW, but it looks recent and in great condition.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Solid navy blue 3 piece.....no question, yes. I'd buy it if it was haggar.

And yet my solid navy, dual vent, flat front 42r Caruso is sitting with no interest...

--
I'm also very impressed Takai nailed St Laurie. I knew he was right instantly but, even though I see them literally every other time I thrift, I wouldn't have figured it out on my own.

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is $100 too much to spend on a Gucci sport coat/blazer? I'm a little reluctant to spend that much money on a single piece at a GW, but it looks recent and in great condition.

This depends on a lot of things, but solid guess is that it would be pretty steep.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Snagged another vintage Polo Sport coat hanger, this time in clear plastic. *Made in the USA*.

Deets when I finish reading the last 2,000 posts.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe it's 45 R. And it's Indigo dyed.
So, I've been seeing lots of texts but NO PICS!!!! Brodeetz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For awhile I was getting a lot of 45rpm and not all the different labels did well. 45rpm has a lot of different sub brands that aren't all still around. R by 45rpm and umii 908 are awesome, but north marine drive only had occasional good pieces. I think there were a couple others. If it's indigo dyed or discharge dyed it's usually awesome no matter the line.
I've never seen umii 908 in the wild before. I think that's their newer and swankier line. NMD and some R stuff feels cheap to me for some reason.

Oh yeah, did you guys know that Kapital used to make for 45rpm before the family started Kapital? I'm not sure if I've ever shared this before but Kapital is a family ran company and they own their factories. So, they could make whatever the **** they want without much bureaucratic oversight. That's why their pieces are creative and weird as ****.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This depends on a lot of things, but solid guess is that it would be pretty steep.
Yes, many many variables are at play here. It being Gucci is not going to sell it. If it's clearly a blazer, if it has patch pockets, if it's solid navy, if it's from the Tom Ford years, if it bares Tom Fords signature details like 5 button cuffs and a single breasted jacket with wide peak lapels, all of these things matter. But even say every attribute necessary for this jacket to sell as high as possible is actually on the jacket, you will be lucky to double your money, maybe a little over. Factor in fees, shipping, time spent thrifting, photographing and listing, and you have a fairly insignificant sale. If you want to stock a Gucci blazer in your inventory, go for it, but don't expect the world cuz it ain't happenin. Living here, I've been forced to pay premiums at some thrifts, much much higher than most of the cities in this country, and maybe it's because I've stocked my fair share of Gucci, I dunno, but this would most likely get a pass for $100, investment just isn't worth the possible return in my eyes.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

this would most likely get a pass for $100, investment just isn't worth the possible return in my eyes.

That was my instinct. For half that price, I might take the gamble.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sup Holmes!

I'm starting the day sat waiting to see my GP having caught bacterial toncilitis from my wife :(

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Sup Holmes!

I'm starting the day sat waiting to see my GP having caught bacterial toncilitis from my wife :(

So much imagery there so early in the morning!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Speaking of wives, does anyone need a valentines day gift for their wife/GF/Sidepiece? Happy to trade this out for something cool.

Edmonton

Reaction score
@SpooPoker Interested? Left it behind tonight but can go back tomorrow. Just basic nylon with fleece lining but lots of embroidery...

Another spring jacket left behind, but willing to proxy if it has value for anyone here.

Nice little find in anticipation of warmer weather at some point in our future. John Smedley SS polo, Sea Island cotton and MOP buttons.

And then (drumroll please) BAM! I was literally
bounce2.gif
leaving the store with these. Camel-color my size and NA.
The SallyAnns around here are rarely worth my time, but SO glad I stopped in tonight.

Always jealous of the NY & LA folks and others for their amazing daily hauls. Always wondered what it'd be like. This is my taste.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

John W. Nordstrom SCs. 100% Cashmere by Loro Piana. Made in Canada by whom?

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SpooPoker Interested? Left it behind tonight but can go back tomorrow. Just basic nylon with fleece lining but lots of embroidery...

Another spring jacket left behind, but willing to proxy if it has value for anyone here.

Nice little find in anticipation of warmer weather at some point in our future. John Smedley SS polo, Sea Island cotton and MOP buttons.

And then (drumroll please) BAM! I was literally
bounce2.gif
leaving the store with these. Camel-color my size and NA.
The SallyAnns around here are rarely worth my time, but SO glad I stopped in tonight.

Always jealous of the NY & LA folks and others for their amazing daily hauls. Always wondered what it'd be like. This is my taste.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

John W. Nordstrom SCs. 100% Cashmere by Loro Piana. Made in Canada by whom?

Pretty sure this is Jack Victor. Right?! Right?! Right...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads