1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

2. Takai

Takai Senior member

Currently rocking 8oz lvc 1922s, a lacoste polo, and Valentino drivers

1 person likes this.
  3. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Patch pocket Bijan from yeaterday and reversible leather/suede Bally
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  4. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

That bijan :drool:

As usual, I'm posting with poor lighting and iPhone pics :embar:

How have your regular spots been lately? It has been generally super dry around here for me. Last Wednesday I got this shirt

[​IMG]

And then nothing until today. I'm hoping this means the dry spell is ending. Mountain climbing shoes for my brother in law, NA.
    [​IMG]

Barbera wool flannel FF 54
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Reversible Lulu goose down vest
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The next two are both orphans, so I'm hoping that he pants will surface soon.

BBGF
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

By Isaia!? Never seen that before! Is this pretty common or is it usually MG?
    [​IMG]

This is my first RLPL tailored piece (St. Andrews)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cashmere tweed, half lined
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

POW!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Favorite find of the day, and definitely not my size. From the same donor as the cashmere tweed as they're both badass and 58L
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20 people like this.
  5. double00

double00 Senior member

today i found myself passing on nwt versace, chippewa boots, ferragamo opera pumps.

time to take a little break from thrifitng...

6. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Been so out of it in the clothing department lately, I've slightly considered picking up Thomas Pink shirts..... :uhoh:

3 people like this.
  7. Ds13

Ds13 Senior member

Inb4 not isaia, it's michaelangelo [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  8. timhortons

timhortons Senior member

[​IMG]
    Isaia+BB, now this

5 people like this.
  9. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

No doubt... I like my 15 oz Roys in winter and my 9 oz Gustins the rest of the year.

10. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I like to eat a 1/4 pounder and then chug a 12 oz while wearing crappy old my Levis.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    3 people like this.
  11. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Were you the guy at the liquor store buying the 30-pack of Keystone Ice? ;)

12. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. dukedishin

dukedishin Senior member

Finally had a good day. I believe this is a thread first but please correct me if I'm wrong...

[​IMG]

Gotta be Borrelli's top quality, hand-made everything. Google seems to confirm that they make for this label.

Also, best find of the day:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've had the outrageous fortune of 90% of the shell I've found fitting me...these fall into that category. But I already have a pair of Alden short wings so I may sell. Not sure.

Also found a mess of ties by RLPL, T&A, and Zegna.

15 people like this.
  14. Sharpiehs

Sharpiehs Active Member

Couple of nice BNIB Spring Summer 2015 John Lobb samples e-thrift...The obsession continues thanks to my first intro from @impuntura to the wonderful world of John Lobb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21 people like this.
  15. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

I don;t think your quite familiar with the climate here, however regardless, I stated those are my favorite, I also stated I have 5 others pairs, ranging in weight by 8 ounces, light to heavy, your concern is noted, but my balls are good.

Quote:
    Had a pair of Roys, great denim no doubt. And since you seem to stated agreeince, again, I possess 14 ounce 19cm MIj Diors as well as 14 ounce flat heads, so thanks as well, but my balls will remain quite comfortable in this quite prsitine climate I am lucky enough to live in. More importantly though, your rotation is mixed up. I obviously see your logic, But your choosing to wear a pair of excellent made jeans for a quarter of the year, and then relying almost solely on a pair of 9 ounce, Sanforized, low grade cone mills denim for 3/4 of a year? I'm not sure which part of those are gonna blow out first but I'd soak them like weekly...Have fun and good luck.

1 person likes this.
  16. AlexJ1100

AlexJ1100 Senior member

So close

I am currently eating homemade meatballs after spilling Sweetwater 420 on my crappy old Levis

[​IMG]

17. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Honestly something that will truly help out as much as trying to figure out your waist size during this process, is making sure your get yourself the right sized belt. And I don't mean that in the blantaly obvious sense that it sounds, I mean that in general you are supposed to purchase a belt that is sized one size above your waist size, i.e. my belt I have on is a size 34. If I were you, I would find a nice belt I liked that would work as a daily workhorse and purchase it not one but 2 sizes over your size. This will allow you 3 sizes in each direction to adjust to optimize your comfort at all times while your travel this admiral and smart journey. To be serious for a second, my father found himself at one point where you found yourself, when he did he then immediately hired a trainer, and proceeded to hit the gym with the man 5 days a week, every week, for the next 3 years. However, even doing that, Unlike start younger like yourself, He started thgis when he was 57 years old and 240. Although he hit 200 and was kinda yoked almost 3 years to the day later, he just waited too long, and I lost him. So remember that your not just making a smart decision for yourself, what your doing is going to benefit many more than just yourself, your family will be loosing every pound right with you. Best of luck.

18. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Lol sorry I opened that can of worms guys. The internet brings out the annoying pedant in all of us sometimes [​IMG]

19. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

No, garza grossa.

I posted a lot today lol which one was it?

Ive been neglecting the Ferrari. Ive been so goddamn busy Ive only driven it like 2x since January. But with the nice weather that will change.

What do I like better? I dunno. Its hard to compare. Masi is ferocious and aggressive but is so comfortable and easy to relax on the inside. Its like a spa day. The Ferrari is extremely aggressive, its not all that comfortable, and everywhere you go people are taking pictures and shit, and these kids with the souped up Hyundais want to race. So its not a relaxing experience. You need to be in the mood for it. Toss up.

1 person likes this.
  20. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

^gee I dunno, a garment that retails for a house down payment? Moar pics!

1 person likes this.